Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-10-2021, 08:01 PM   #1

Seneca 37K Dining Room Slide

I have the dining room slide that is rubbing and making marks on the slide when you drive. Had it in to one dealership it sat for a month nothing was done. I now have an appointment at another for October 22nd. I went tonight did Jayco's in and out three times to try to align the motors nothing. I did notice when I lifted the carpet with the slide extended the back side was right up against the metal strip and the forward side had about a quarter inch gap. When I retract the slide the forward side at the top outside has the same quarter inch gap which tells me the forward part of the slide is moving too far out. I found the close adjustment but has anyone made or know where the out adjustment is? I've own this RV for almost three months and have not been able to drive it between a stabilizer problem which I fixed with the help of Equalizer Systems and this problem.
BobD17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2021, 09:48 PM   #2

The “out” adjustment should be the same style bolt as the “in” adjustment. It is on mine. It’s on the inner end of the gear rack. you’ll have to crawl into the basement compartment to reach it with the slide in, or with the slide out, you can reach it easily. Also check the mounting bolts on the motor. On my previous coach, they came loose and a bolt in the long shaft came loose, allowing the ends to get out of time with each other. Caused the front gear pack to jump and broke a couple teeth off the gear. I had to help it in and out every few inches when the missing teeth came around.
Firewrench is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2021, 02:15 AM   #3
FJB

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobD17 View Post
I have the dining room slide that is rubbing and making marks on the slide when you drive. Had it in to one dealership it sat for a month nothing was done. I now have an appointment at another for October 22nd. I went tonight did Jayco's in and out three times to try to align the motors nothing. I did notice when I lifted the carpet with the slide extended the back side was right up against the metal strip and the forward side had about a quarter inch gap. When I retract the slide the forward side at the top outside has the same quarter inch gap which tells me the forward part of the slide is moving too far out. I found the close adjustment but has anyone made or know where the out adjustment is? I've own this RV for almost three months and have not been able to drive it between a stabilizer problem which I fixed with the help of Equalizer Systems and this problem.
What is the Jayco in and out three times adjustment?
I’m having same issue with my 2022 Prestige.
FJB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2021, 07:12 AM   #4

There is a video on Jayco's website by a Jayco factory tech that explains how to do it.
Old 09-11-2021, 11:34 AM   #5

dinette slide

Click image for larger version

Name:	tank bracket.jpg
Views:	104
Size:	173.5 KB
ID:	75490

Here is something that was amiss on our Accolade 37K. At the delivery walkthrough, they extended the dinette slide, there was a huge jolt and bang.
The dealer guy just shrugged his shoulders, "I don't know what that is."
When we got back to the place we were staying, I found this. The stop tab that limits the extend travel, at the aft end of the dinette slide was hitting this black tank support bracket.
I was unwilling to let the so-called "techs" at the dealer try to fix it, besides, we were staying in the coach and weren't about to let it sit on their lot for who knows how long. I bought an air die grinder at Home Depot, and it took me about 20 minutes to crawl in there and grind some clearance in the bracket. Checked all the bolts holding the bracket, no other damage. The bracket has a little bend in in it, but otherwise OK.
The only other damage was a gash in my arm from a sharp end on a tie wrap. Trimmed that properly...
Problem solved...
Old 09-11-2021, 11:44 AM   #6

Quote:
There is a video on Jayco's website by a Jayco factory tech that explains how to do it.

This ONLY pertains to the Schwinteck slide units, you can tell them by the aluminum zip-zag track along the bottom of the slide. The motors commonly get out of sync especially if you do not hold the switch down for 2-3 seconds after the slide stops moving. Search in Youtube for "Schwinteck Slide sync"

Rustynuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2021, 11:52 AM   #7

So I guess holding the switch after it stops will let the slow side catch up?
Ours has never gone out of sync, I'm a little hesitant to hold the switch for too long after it stops.
Old 09-11-2021, 11:59 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firewrench View Post
So I guess holding the switch after it stops will let the slow side catch up?
Ours has never gone out of sync, I'm a little hesitant to hold the switch for too long after it stops.
This ONLY pertains to the Schwinteck mechanism. If it is the large drivers side slide, that is a Power Gear mechanism.

Old 09-11-2021, 12:29 PM   #9

Sorry, that’s what I meant was the Schwintek. It’s working good.
Old 09-11-2021, 03:29 PM   #10

For those of you with a TS ( not sure about others) when the dinette slide is extended lift the carpet and make sure all of the screws securing the sheet metal are tight. Apparently mine came loose and the sheet metal raised and is now bent preventing the slide from fully extending. Going to the dealer for repair under warranty which expires 3 days after my drop off appointment.

In the pic the sheet metal should be flat and completely hide the wood.

As a note, this is the slide Jayco Factory Service adjusted (supposedly) in August 2020.
Attached Thumbnails
8DC88F28-EC66-4848-9CF7-2C4B06111FCF.jpg  
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2021, 04:19 PM   #11

My 2021 37TS is currently at the dealer (one more time) for a repair to that slide. The service advisor tells me that the metal "rail" is too thin and bends easily. They asked Jayco permission to replace it with a thicker strip. We are waiting for Jayco's permission to replace that part with a thicker one under warranty.

More: they repaired it once, the rail was bent. They made a temporary repair by flattening and screwing it back. I did not work much better and they ordered a replacement rail but it looks like they can't re-install it properly and they propose to use thicker metal. I am waiting, 9 months total now.
jacquesmm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2021, 05:37 PM   #12

That piece of metal wrinkled up on ours also. Straightened it out, got it pounded down flat again and added another screw to secure it. Those factory screws were not driven deep enough, started carving grooves in the plastic material on the bottom of the slideout. I cinched them down as tight as possible and filed the heads down a bit. So far so good.
Old 09-13-2021, 02:34 AM   #13
FJB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firewrench View Post
That piece of metal wrinkled up on ours also. Straightened it out, got it pounded down flat again and added another screw to secure it. Those factory screws were not driven deep enough, started carving grooves in the plastic material on the bottom of the slideout. I cinched them down as tight as possible and filed the heads down a bit. So far so good.
Are you all talking about the metal rod that the slide motor is turning?
FJB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2021, 05:20 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by FJB View Post
Are you all talking about the metal rod that the slide motor is turning?
No. There is a piece of sheet metal that runs the width of the slide that covers the ramp used to lower the slide to floor level when extending and raising it for retracting. Extend the slide and then lift the carpet to see the sheet metal.
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2021, 06:30 AM   #15

Quote:
Can you just put a direct link to it? Some people don’t have strong enough signals to go hunting.��
PLEASE
Bayougirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2021, 07:30 AM   #16

Using Slide Glides will help with extending and retracting large slides.
lawingnutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2021, 07:31 AM   #17

Look into using Slide Glides…
lawingnutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2021, 08:11 AM   #18

Thanks. Just ordered a set.
Old 09-30-2021, 07:50 AM   #19

Would you share what you ordered and from whom. Thanks.
Gunfighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2021, 11:01 AM   #20

We just started using the Slide Slickers and they work great, slide comes in smoother and quieter.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1