Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 10-11-2019, 02:29 PM   #21

After a visit to Jayco Factory with slide complaint this is what it looks like now, before and after visit. They did adjust it and it works really sooth. Just not quality
Attached Thumbnails
20191004_140840.jpg   20191004_140850.jpg  
tallcott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2019, 02:36 PM   #22

Update on the Accolade's issues

Had a lengthy (30 min) conversation with Jayco yesterday about a couple of items on the Accolade and options for service in my area. I informed Jayco that I would give General RV one opportunity to service this coach and if they screw that up I will be going elsewhere. Right now the list for repair is:
  • The bed trim that General RV damaged and remounting the bed prop bracket
  • Mudflap in front of passenger's side duals not secure on the top causing the mudflap to rub the tire causing damage to the mudflap and possibly shaving the inner dual tire.
  • Electric reel for power cord not working. It has power but does not retract the cord.

I have a "while you wait" appointment for next Friday for the dealer to verify the repairs needed and identify any parts requirements. I will then return to the dealer when the parts arrive for repairs. This dealer's policy is coaches do not sit on their lot while waiting parts.

The discussion with Jayco yesterday resulted in the decision that this dealer gets one shot to get it right. If they don't Jayco will begin working with an independent service center of my choice for warranty repairs.

Also today I received an email from a Jayco Master Scheduler who is going to work with me on scheduling the coach to have the living area slide removed and shimmed and have the bow in the side wall removed and then have the side of the coach repainted as necessary. Jayco estimates a two week period for those repairs and they asked me to assemble a list of other items I would like done while it is at factory service.

So far, pretty decent customer support and they have started sending the technical drawings and diagrams as they are requested. According to them there are too many to do a batch emailing.
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk TOAD
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2019, 06:19 PM   #23

Smile

Glad to hear that Jayco is working with you.. So many times all we see and here are negative comments. Good luck and keep us updated.
2010 Toyota Tundra toad
Oma/opa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2019, 05:33 PM   #24

The past few business days have been filled with discussions and emails with Jayco. All of my questions and concerns are being answered and they are providing whatever info I am requesting.

I have an appointment for the Factory Service Center scheduled for April 28. They had one available in February but that couldn't be met due to personal commitments. Jayco is estimating 2 weeks to remove and reinstall the living area slide, remove the bow from that same sidewall and paint the exterior as necessary. They have also asked for a list of other items I would like checked while it is in house.

I have an appointment with the dealer this Friday for verification of 3 warranty items so they can order the necessary parts. I have already talked to Jayco about the issues and they said they're all valid warranty items.

So far, not bad.
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk TOAD
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2020, 09:40 AM   #25

I just purchased a Entegra 37K and the dinette slide metal strip that the slide rides on top of the floor has come lose and took a large chunk of the slide underside . The dealer says it is a easy fix but won't tell me how they plan on doing it . I'm telling them I want the whole metal strip replaced ,anybody else have this problem ?
jack4540 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2020, 10:37 PM   #26

Senaca 37k/td slide

I had big problem with my driver side slide but the dealer did finally fix it ,motors a mechanical parts all new works good now I was also given the choice to let the Jayco factory in Indiana fix but opted not for it is long way for the dealer to drive it there but it’s also now so have faith jayco will back it up
Leon is offline   Reply With Quote