Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 12-24-2018, 02:25 PM   #1

Seneca Accessories

Here I go again. As a new Secena owner, where should I go to get accessories for it? I need such things as a privacy curtain between the cab and living area, window covers for the inside of the cab, etc. Do I go through a Seneca dealer or is there an aftermarket place to get things like this?
tomden2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2018, 02:41 PM   #2

My cab window covers are from Heat Shield. They are custom made for the Freightliner cab and work quite well. Easy to install and remove(all inside)
2010 Toyota Tundra toad
Oma/opa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2018, 03:31 PM   #3

Our 2018.5 Seneca 37RB came with a very nice set of cab window shades. They are pretty thick so insulated, reflective on the outside and gray on the inside. You open the cab door and magnets hold them in place and you shut and lock the door. The front window folds out and you place the bottom where the dash/windshield meet and flip the visors down to hold in place. I really like them them as they can be put up from the inside....nice if itís raining. I posted pics of the tags before but not much infor on them other than made in China but since they came with our Seneca, I would assume you can get them from Jayco. Ours didnít come with any curtain, Iím guessing cause of the shades but if itís real cold we just have a blanket we tuck under the mattress. The shades may be because the RB model has the angled cabinet up front with the fireplace/TV.

Rustynuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2018, 04:01 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomden2 View Post
Here I go again. As a new Secena owner, where should I go to get accessories for it? I need such things as a privacy curtain between the cab and living area, window covers for the inside of the cab, etc. Do I go through a Seneca dealer or is there an aftermarket place to get things like this?
Congratulations on the Seneca!

As far as a privacy curtain, Jayco used to supply one with the unit but whether they do anymore or not I cannot say. In some cases in the past it was stashed somewhere in the unit such as in a drawer or under the bed. Mine has a pouch it came in. It would clip behind the front seats and then tuck behind the sun visors. There are also velcro "buttons" above each cab door to hold it up on the sides. So if you have the velcro buttons and hooks screwed behind the seats you were probably supposed to have the curtain.

But that curtain just blocks the windshield, we found it "okay" for overnight rest stop stays, but when we are actually set up we wanted something nicer. So my wife "repurposed" our original bedspread which is quilted and works great to insulate the coach from the cab. Really helps in either the winter or summer. Also makes the coach more like a home since we aren't looking at the cab when set up. See picture below.

We also have reflective interior sun shields for the cab windows, we got them from HeatShield. The side windows have suction cups on the corners to hold them in place, the windshield one tucks behind the sun visors. They work very well at reducing the sun's heat. Here are links to what I bought:
https://www.heatshieldstore.com/car-...m2-cab-special
Attached Thumbnails
Cab drape.jpg  
Toads: 2019 Ford Edge ST or 2013 Ford Focus ST
Robbbyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2018, 02:21 PM   #5

We take a dual approach like many other Seneca owners have... We also have the same factory curtain that RobbbyR describes, but found that we rarely use it unless we are in certain situations.

When we are stopped over for a quick overnight (while in a WM parking lot, or a campground for one night - we purchased a curtain and rod from WM and hang it behind the cab. In the morning, we just roll it up and toss it up on the overcab bed.

When we are stopped for a week or more, we will put up the factory curtain, and when it is really hot or cold outside, we put up a homemade version of the silver insulated heatshield to help insulate the cab.
07 Toyota FJC & Yamaha Kodiak 400 ATV

SloPoke is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2018, 12:18 PM   #6

M2 - Cab Shades / Cab Curtain

Greetings,

I purchased my cab shades from www.cleanandcool.com - they specialize in window cover and accessories to the trucking industry. The covers are a perfect fit, off white on the outside and gray on the inside. They use velcro strips on the sides of the front windows and velcro "buttons" on the rubber window gasket at the top of the front window and for the side door shades.

They are of excellent quality and will no doubt last longer than I probably will. My only issue is the velcro buttons (even with the high adhesion 3M double sided tape) have come off the rubber window gaskets in a couple of locations - i'm going to order replacements (already been in touch with Clean and Cool) but this time, I'm going to glue them on with a construction adhesive.

Now on to the cab curtain.
The Jayco supplied one is crap - while this fabric is fine for the overhead bunk draw curtain, it's flimsy and IMO, didn't even really fit well across the back of the cab.

Solution? - I had a custom made curtain made out of theatre drape (AKA Commando Cloth) - This curtain is thick (double sided), fire treated, and has velcro at the top on each side that attaches to some custom "brackets" I made up to hang it it from. In addition, there is velcro at the centers where the curtain crosses the bunk ladder mounts, where I glued HD velcro buttons. Last, the bottom of the curtain is weighted so it pulls down and holds close to floor.

This is not a cheap solution by any means, however as far as I am concerned, it's a superior solution - custom fit, fire retardant is a bonus, and it is an EXCELLENT insulator when you don't feel like cooling or heating an empty cab when you are setup - makes a BIG difference in getting the living space to temperature when running your heat.

While I was at it, I also had similar panels made that cover the (3) bedroom windows in my 37HJ so I can black out the light coming into the bedroom when I want (why? - one of my jobs is as a Journeyman IATSE Stagehand - and that means there are times I sleep during the day :-) )

Photos below.
Attached Thumbnails
CabCurtainMount.jpg   CabCurtainMount.1.jpg   CabCurtainInPlace.jpg   CabCurtaininPlace.1.jpg   CabCurtainDetailatBunkLadder.jpg  

JimL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2018, 04:56 PM   #7

Another owner on this site showed me the Freightliner M2 Suntex 90%. This is exterior cover. I will be getting one of those. For inside I found the suction cup type that are made for M2 cab from Rainey's. I had the same type for my Sprinter and they worked well for easy up and they do reflect the heat.
LoveLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2018, 05:55 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveLife View Post
Another owner on this site showed me the Freightliner M2 Suntex 90%. This is exterior cover. I will be getting one of those. For inside I found the suction cup type that are made for M2 cab from Rainey's. I had the same type for my Sprinter and they worked well for easy up and they do reflect the heat.
Thanks those are nice exterior covers - might just pick up a set to provide additional versatility.
JimL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2019, 01:13 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveLife View Post
Another owner on this site showed me the Freightliner M2 Suntex 90%.
It is a good daytime solution if you're parked awhile and we use it then. They are not that convenient to R&R for a day or two stop IMHO.
Crossingover is offline   Reply With Quote