Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 01-15-2019, 09:48 AM   #1

Seneca Alignment

Does anyone know how long a front end alignment on the Seneca should take? An hour, two hours, three??
Stargazerandu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2019, 12:08 PM   #2

What's wrong with it?

That's a difficult question to answer as it depends upon why the alignment is being done and what the shop finds wrong. I can see it taking anywhere from an hour or two to a couple of days depending on the amount of work that needs to be done. Many times what folks think is a simple alignment issue is really a worn part or parts issue. Can you be more specific about the reason for the alignment?
Johnny Lightning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2019, 02:09 PM   #3

How old is the RV?
How many miles on the OD?
What are the symptoms?
Harvard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2019, 08:37 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Lightning View Post
That's a difficult question to answer as it depends upon why the alignment is being done and what the shop finds wrong. I can see it taking anywhere from an hour or two to a couple of days depending on the amount of work that needs to be done. Many times what folks think is a simple alignment issue is really a worn part or parts issue. Can you be more specific about the reason for the alignment?
It's a brand new Seneca but steering wheel was cockeyed, off center. Took it to a Freightliner service center and it took 2.5 hours. The alignment was off, it rides better now and steering wheel is centered.

As I was was waiting, I was getting a bit impatient and decided I'd ask the question on this forum. Thanks for the feedback!!
Old 01-15-2019, 08:40 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harvard View Post
How old is the RV?
How many miles on the OD?
What are the symptoms?
2019, 2090 miles and steering wheel was off center and some vibration in the front end...
Old 01-15-2019, 08:45 PM   #6

I had it take almost that long with our 01 450 chassis. A good tech will set it to spec then take it for a drive to see what may need to be reset for the proper ride and handling. MH's are unique since everybody loads them differently.
Old 01-15-2019, 09:48 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stargazerandu View Post
It's a brand new Seneca but steering wheel was cockeyed, off center. Took it to a Freightliner service center and it took 2.5 hours. The alignment was off, it rides better now and steering wheel is centered.

As I was was waiting, I was getting a bit impatient and decided I'd ask the question on this forum. Thanks for the feedback!!
I bet that if you were in a FL-Custom Chassis... your answer would have been days.. instead of hours. Our local FL dealership only takes DP's on Tuesdays... that is takes them IN on Tuesdays. Yes today is Tuesday, but if you brought it in today - it would be NEXT Tuesday!
07 Toyota FJC & Yamaha Kodiak 400 ATV

SloPoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2019, 10:17 PM   #8

does any one know how to find paint codes, we had a wreck in our 2007 Jayce Seneca and damaged 5 baggage doors, I can't find paint codes any where... It three shades of brown-
looked in manual not there and have looked on sites until I am blind. Please help-
you can e-mail me at- kkjb48@aol.com since I am new on here and not sure I can find my way back, thank you all for any and all help-
Kim
kimhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2019, 10:43 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimhunter View Post
does any one know how to find paint codes, we had a wreck in our 2007 Jayce Seneca and damaged 5 baggage doors, I can't find paint codes any where... It three shades of brown-
looked in manual not there and have looked on sites until I am blind. Please help-
you can e-mail me at- kkjb48@aol.com since I am new on here and not sure I can find my way back, thank you all for any and all help-
Kim
Ours are on a sheet that is on the inside of a cabinet door under the sink. We got sideswiped by a teenage texter and damaged about 4 of our cargo doors and the fender skirt.

Rustynuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2019, 07:06 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimhunter View Post
looked in manual not there and have looked on sites until I am blind.
It will depend on who painted your coach. The KODIAK version was painted at two different facilities(not JAYCO owned). Carrera used Sherwin Williams and the other shop another brand paint. Our 08 had a sticker on the driver's door column with Carreras numbers which Sherwin Williams could match. Two were GM, one was FORD and one was CHRYSLER they were not JAYCO specific. The cab is a standard GM color.
Grumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2019, 08:13 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy View Post
It will depend on who painted your coach. The KODIAK version was painted at two different facilities(not JAYCO owned). Carrera used Sherwin Williams and the other shop another brand paint. Our 08 had a sticker on the driver's door column with Carreras numbers which Sherwin Williams could match. Two were GM, one was FORD and one was CHRYSLER they were not JAYCO specific. The cab is a standard GM color.
Grumpy is spot on. Our '08 Seneca also included this matching brochure in the 'blue box';
Attached Thumbnails
PaintCodesBrochure.jpg  
WinnieView is offline   Reply With Quote