Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-16-2020, 09:40 AM   #1
SFM

Seneca Cab Headliner Removal

Has anyone removed the Freightliner headliner in a newer Seneca? I have removed both sides of the cover panels (bulkhead) where the MH body attaches to the cab. Jayco used 4 #8 sheets metal screws to attach the body to the cab. All these screws were snapped off causing excessive squeaking and movement between the body and cab. We also have excessive squeaking from the overhead bunk structure near the front of the interior of the cab.

I was just wondering if the entire headliner needs to come down or if someone has had the same issues and what they did to fix the problem.

The local Jayco dealer said they would not even consider touching our coach and that the factory would need to address. A factory fix is out of the question due to distance, cost and the fact that they did a inadequate install the first time when it was thrown together.
SFM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2020, 10:26 AM   #2

Many of us have found that although the original assembly line work was sometimes questionable, the Jayco Service Center generally does a very good job fixing those "oversights". And in my experience when the warranty work was deemed neccesary to be completed in Middlebury Jayco offered to drive my coach to do it. I declined, I am only 4 hours from the factory so I dropped it off and picked it up myself.

I guess my point is that unless things have significantly changed, don't be afraid to have the Service Center address your warranty issue(s) the local dealer can't/won't.
Toads: 2019 Ford Edge ST or 2013 Ford Focus ST
Robbbyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2020, 12:24 PM   #3
SFM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbbyr View Post
Many of us have found that although the original assembly line work was sometimes questionable, the Jayco Service Center generally does a very good job fixing those "oversights". And in my experience when the warranty work was deemed neccesary to be completed in Middlebury Jayco offered to drive my coach to do it. I declined, I am only 4 hours from the factory so I dropped it off and picked it up myself.

I guess my point is that unless things have significantly changed, don't be afraid to have the Service Center address your warranty issue(s) the local dealer can't/won't.
Thank you for your thoughts. I would be surprised if Jayco would be willing to drive my coach 2,125 miles each way?? I am not sure I would want an additional 4,250 miles on the unit anyway??? I think for the cost of fuel and transportation home then back again I could take the coach to a custom upholstery shop and have the cab done really cool. Do you think Jayco would put it on a low bed and truck it back??? .... I dont either. Have a great day and great trips.
SFM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2020, 02:03 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFM View Post
Thank you for your thoughts. I would be surprised if Jayco would be willing to drive my coach 2,125 miles each way?? I am not sure I would want an additional 4,250 miles on the unit anyway??? I think for the cost of fuel and transportation home then back again I could take the coach to a custom upholstery shop and have the cab done really cool. Do you think Jayco would put it on a low bed and truck it back??? .... I dont either. Have a great day and great trips.
I doubt they would flat bed it back.

That Seneca is a diesel, and the best thing is to have it running. Low mileage diesels make me nervous.

It is well worth a call to Jayco, and discuss your issue.

2012 Jayco X23B
2020 Ram Laramie 3500 SRW Air ride 50Gal fuel tank.
2007 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab (sold)
Equal-I-zer 4-Point Sway Control
Jagiven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2022, 07:56 AM   #5

I have the same issue. Was you able to fix the problem
Kerwin1959 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2022, 12:24 PM   #6

I have successfully removed and re-installed the headliner on a 2017 37HJ during my front cap to body re-attach project. It would not be difficult for you or an upholstery shop to do. You will need an upholstery stapler and an upholstery staple remover.
At the same time, it would be wise to examine all the cab to cap and body attachments and upgrade the size and number of screws. Jayco did a terrible job of this assembly.Click image for larger version

Name:	Cab Headliner.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	93.5 KB
ID:	84555

Click image for larger version

Name:	Cab Headliner3.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	89.0 KB
ID:	84556
Deputydawg is offline   Reply With Quote