Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-27-2015, 07:46 PM   #1

Seneca CB and microwave

Hi All. I have a 2015 Seneca TS. It came with pre-wiring for a CB. I have installed a Cobra CB with controls in the hand set. The CB does not work very well. I have tried different antennas.

Has anyone else solved the problem? I am thinking it may be an antenna grounding issue as it is mounted to the driver side mirror mount.

The microwave issue is one of terrible metal on metal noise when underway. Anyone had similar problem and found fix?

Thanks.

Foster15
Foster15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2015, 06:02 PM   #2

We pulled the Microwave down and lined bracket with weatherstripping, worked great.
firedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2015, 04:54 AM   #3

Foster15 where did you find the CB connections? I'm thinking about installing one. Thanks.
Old 05-06-2015, 07:40 AM   #4

Foster
Can you send a picture of the location ehere you found the CB pre wiring?
Doormandan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2015, 10:03 AM   #5

Don't have a CB so can't help you with that. As far as the Microwave goes, did you take the loose rack, glass plate etc.... out of it and store them in the drawers? If not that may be your only problem with that. I always take everything loose out and put it in the drawers below or cabinet, put dish towels between things so nothing can rattle around. Everything is nice and quite now.
Old 05-23-2016, 04:08 PM   #6

how does the microwave pull down. I didn't see the typical hanging bolts in the cabinet above
jbayone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2016, 06:34 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watt View Post
Foster15 where did you find the CB connections? I'm thinking about installing one. Thanks.
I don't have a CB but I do know where the connection point is!

On the Seneca you remove the heater controls panel (4 Torx screws) and gently pull out. You can disconnect the harness from the controls if you need to. Behind that panel is a metal box and the antenna connection is on that box. If I recall it isn't the "old style" large connection I remember from my youth, but I understand it is an easy-to-find adapter.

If you search the forums I think you will find more information and some pictures of the antenna setup in a Seneca. If I recall, not everyone has great results using the Freightliner dual-purpose antenna.
Toads: 2019 Ford Edge ST or 2013 Ford Focus ST
Robbbyr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2016, 07:48 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watt View Post
The CB antenna connection is behind the air/heat controls on the dash. Remove that faceplate and you'll find the connection on the left-hand (driver) side. Note that the connector is a mini-coax so you'll need an adapter for a typical CB connection.

For power, you can tap into the trailer brake wiring that is tucked under the dash right behind the driver-side cup holder.

*Edit* and now that I read the ENTIRE thread, I see that Rob beat me to it - sorry man. On a side note, I've had a CB installed for while and haven't had any issues with the stock antenna.
2014 Honda CR-V toad

anav8or is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2016, 07:26 AM   #9

Just to help out looking for the CB antenna wire, there is a manasury of wires behind that panel. It's the "gray" wire! Didn't see a CB connector on any of the wires. The people at Freightliner seemed to try and hide it on mine. Just trace the 1/4" gray wire to find the end!

2016 Seneca HJ
2004 Wrangler
Mountain Cajun is offline   Reply With Quote