Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-13-2016, 06:25 PM   #1

Seneca/ Cummings diesel oil change

I looked all through my owners manual, didn't see a maintenance schedule for M-1 Freightliner or when to change oil. Would you have your oil changed at the RV dealership or at Freightliner, they literally next to each other. Guess if I'm gonna have warranty for life I need to have all maintenance performed at RV dealership.
Joe1mc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2016, 07:04 PM   #2

The 6.7L Cummins ISB as installed in a Seneca has a 15,000 mile / 12-month oil change interval. I won't ever go that long if I can help it. I have attached a Cummins ISB maintenance schedule.

I had my first change done at 6K miles at Freightliner just before storing it for this past winter. I will do future changes myself, keeping all receipts and a log.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf ISBMaintSchedulesRV.pdf (174.2 KB, 66 views)
Toads: 2019 Ford Edge ST or 2013 Ford Focus ST
Robbbyr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2016, 07:16 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe1mc View Post
I looked all through my owners manual, didn't see a maintenance schedule for M-1 Freightliner or when to change oil. Would you have your oil changed at the RV dealership or at Freightliner, they literally next to each other. Guess if I'm gonna have warranty for life I need to have all maintenance performed at RV dealership.
I was wondering what you meant about "warranty for life"? Did you buy a very long-term extended warranty? Never heard of a lifetime warranty on anything, much less on the powertrain.
Toads: 2019 Ford Edge ST or 2013 Ford Focus ST
Robbbyr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2016, 07:28 PM   #4

Warranty for Life

This is a new warranty program by Dixie RV land other RV Sales. You would be required to do all scheduled maintenance at the dealership, they said something about a yearly check up which usually costs about $300 depending on unit. I have to do some more research, didn't buy an extended warranty since Jayco offers best warranty in industry.
Old 03-13-2016, 07:34 PM   #5

Rob, thanks for the Cummings maintenance info.
Old 03-13-2016, 08:03 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe1mc View Post
This is a new warranty program by Dixie RV land other RV Sales. You would be required to do all scheduled maintenance at the dealership, they said something about a yearly check up which usually costs about $300 depending on unit. I have to do some more research, didn't buy an extended warranty since Jayco offers best warranty in industry.
My Chevy dealer offers something similar, 10 yr, 150,000 power train warranty, with the same stipulations. As I understand it they actually are working through an Insurance company and that is why the work must be done at the dealership.
Grumpy is online now   Reply With Quote