Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-07-2019, 01:04 PM   #1

Seneca from Entegra

Did anyone know this was coming; seems a bit redundant from Jayco as I didn’t notice any real differences. This guy needs less caffeine!

https://youtu.be/4io1-SbvC8s
Old 09-07-2019, 03:34 PM   #2

Haha, Matt is Super Excited isn’t he.

I read about them a month or so back, seems strange to me as it is just a Entegra branded Seneca and nothing else....they even used the same floor plan names. I am guessing they see the Super C market taking off and this just gives them more units out there on other lots.

Rustynuts is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2019, 04:36 PM   #3

well.. that was a little entertaining!

He sure called some things out for what they are...
07 Toyota FJC & Yamaha Kodiak 400 ATV

SloPoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2019, 03:20 AM   #4

It has an air horn cord hanging behind his head, so one less thing for him to hate. The electronic control panel looked intriguing, is that the only difference?
RVermont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2019, 07:33 AM   #5

Hello

Yesterday the DW and myself put down a deposit on a 2020 Entegra Accolade 37TS. It appears the Accolade is a Seneca by another name. This is typical Thor. Thor does this so that dealers in the same geographic area can sell the same product under different names or models. Usually the differences are colors, and trim.

If I may I would like to ask a couple of questions.

Does the Seneca/Accolade awning include a wind sensor?

Where in the coach is the engine/exhaust brake switch/control? I forgot to take notice of this during my test drive yesterday.

Is the Sani-Con connected to both gray and black tanks or black tank only?

Any additional info you can provide on the 37TS would be greatly appreciated.

FWIW we are making the move from a Thor Challenger to the Accolade in prep for full time retirement next year.

Dave
US Army Retired
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk TOAD
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2019, 11:54 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by EA37TS View Post
Hello

Yesterday the DW and myself put down a deposit on a 2020 Entegra Accolade 37TS. It appears the Accolade is a Seneca by another name. This is typical Thor. Thor does this so that dealers in the same geographic area can sell the same product under different names or models. Usually the differences are colors, and trim.

Where in the coach is the engine/exhaust brake switch/control? I forgot to take notice of this during my test drive yesterday.

FWIW we are making the move from a Thor Challenger to the Accolade in prep for full time retirement next year.

Dave
US Army Retired
Dave, thank you for your service!
We most time in our truck as well so I know you will enjoy it. May I ask why you picked the Entegra rather than the Jayco (pure curiosity)?

Awning does not have a wind sensor, although Rob installed his own.

Exhaust brake controls are around the transmission controls (I have an M2 but have seen yours). Ergonomics not really.

The macerator does work on both gray and black tanks. Many have put a valve on it; it’s soon on my list.

Have fun with your new truck!
Old 09-08-2019, 12:16 PM   #7

Quote:
This is typical Thor. Thor does this so that dealers in the same geographic area can sell the same product under different names or models. Usually the differences are colors, and trim.
JAYCO also did it "pre" THOR (2004 & 2005) when they produced the same Class "C" under both the JAYCO and STARCRAFT name. In 2009 & 2010 they also produced a JAYCO INSIGNIA CLass "A" (ENTEGRA). So it is really nothing new. When they didn't sell they stopped and went back to just the JAYCO line and they dropped the INSGNIA. So this may also be a short lived venture.
Old 09-08-2019, 12:27 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by McGintys924 View Post
Dave, thank you for your service!
We most time in our truck as well so I know you will enjoy it. May I ask why you picked the Entegra rather than the Jayco (pure curiosity)?

Awning does not have a wind sensor, although Rob installed his own.

Exhaust brake controls are around the transmission controls (I have an M2 but have seen yours). Ergonomics not really.

The macerator does work on both gray and black tanks. Many have put a valve on it; it’s soon on my list.

Have fun with your new truck!
Thanks for the info.

The decision of Entegra over Jayco was simple. There are no Senecas within a couple hundred miles of me and the Entegra Accolade is 30 miles from the house.
Old 09-08-2019, 01:53 PM   #9

Quote:

Dave
US Army Retired

Like mentioned it doesnt have auto retract but Carefree has a Bluetooth kit you can install that has auto retract and control of awing and lights via a phone app for around $100

https://www.amazon.com/Awesome-IBAUt...11767771&psc=1

See Picture Below for the Exhaust Brake switch

They both can be pumped out using the Sani-con or both can be bypassed and use a stinky slinky. I suggest that if you dont use it much to put a ball valve where the hose comes off the Sani-con unit as black/grey water will fill you the Sani-con hose and start stinking. I used it a few time and ended up removing it as I didnt like it and in 30+ years of RVing I have never had to pump water water uphill and prefer the old school method.

Since it is just a Seneca copy built in the same plant, you will probably have many of the same common issues many of us have. Just do a search in the Class C forum using "Seneca" and start absorbing information

Welcome to the Super C club!

Brian
Attached Thumbnails
69984274_1054282138296544_8161398264332025856_n_LI.jpg  

Old 09-21-2019, 08:50 AM   #10

Up at Jayco Service (again) and decided to walk around and found this Accolade. I noticed some exterior changes and wanted to share.
Attached Thumbnails
D38C5A55-4E8B-40EC-A442-14701124F4B9.jpg   096F2EE2-13AE-453E-A07F-A7A7B942DC7E.jpg   0BF2130D-995C-456E-8677-D88A596BF365.jpg   25D61626-0972-4082-92C3-C6B8E658C3D8.jpg  
Old 09-22-2019, 03:53 PM   #11

They probably couldnt use J-Ride so they named it EZ-Drive for that line. I also have the block heater plug on my 2018.5 but on the drivers side steps. The awning over the door is nice, I would hate not having one but our RB model is covered by the main awning.

Old 09-22-2019, 06:35 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rustynuts View Post
They probably couldnt use J-Ride so they named it EZ-Drive for that line. I also have the block heater plug on my 2018.5 but on the drivers side steps. The awning over the door is nice, I would hate not having one but our RB model is covered by the main awning.
J - Jayco
E - Entegra

Same setup different names based on Model name. The way I understand it the Seneca and the Accolade are built on the same line. When I called Entegra with some questions about the Accolade they transferred me to the Jayco Seneca folks.
Old 09-22-2019, 06:51 PM   #13

Dave, you are correct that they are made on the same line. The factory building behind where I am parked at Jayco Service makes their class C and A (Gas) motorhomes. Some new Chassis have just arrived.
Attached Thumbnails
22CE0C12-85E4-4457-97E4-F20BEB722028.jpg   B587DFE5-2367-4C35-9A4B-ACEEFBB633C8.jpg   E6ECF05D-9F20-4244-84F7-5E33781BFCF4.jpg  
Old 09-24-2019, 10:34 AM   #14

Just talked to the dealer about the Accolade. Right now everything is still a go for a Saturday delivery. It came back from the alignment shop yesterday. I mentioned during the road test that I felt some vibration and a slight pull in the front end at 65mph so they sent it in for alignment and tire balancing. Turns out Entegra pays for the alignment and balancing if an issue is noted or mentioned during the test drive. After the test drive it is on the owner. According to the salesman as of yesterday the only thing remaining is getting and installing the awning wind sensor module.
Old 09-26-2019, 05:52 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rustynuts View Post
Like mentioned it doesnt have auto retract but Carefree has a Bluetooth kit you can install that has auto retract and control of awing and lights via a phone app for around $100 ...

Welcome to the Super C club!

Brian
Apparently the Carefree add-on wind sensor module does not work with the Firefly Command Center and to install the sensor would mean installing separate controls for the awning. Carefree says they are working on a compatible module but it is still 6 months from completion.

I am having them install Maxx Air vent covers on the Accolade as well.

We are a go for a 1:00 PM Saturday PDI. Had to change to afternoon because of the grandson's soccer game.

Everything else is complete with the installation of

Solar panels and new solar controller
Winegard Connect 2
Mobile Eye
4 wheel alignment
wheel balancing

I noted a pull and minor tire vibration during the test drive so Entegra pays for the alignment and balancing. After the test drive it would be on me.
Old 09-27-2019, 06:38 AM   #16

Jayco will pay for one front end alignment during the warranty period; I have verified this when we are at service. Unfortunately they can’t seem to get mine right.
McGintys924 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2019, 06:02 PM   #17

I might have found a difference between the Seneca and the Accolade. The Seneca structural warranty is only 3 years (initial 2 years plus a third). The Accolade structural warranty is 5 years.
Old 09-28-2019, 04:07 PM   #18

Accolade not ready for prime time - we walked away for today

We walked away today. After being told repeatedly everything was on track the Accolade was not ready for delivery.
  • Mobile Eye did not work. They claim it has to be programmed.
  • Winegard Connect 2 was not installed
  • Straps for securing the sliding doors broke during the PDI
  • Bed lift for master bedroom bed was broken
  • Coach was not cleaned around the slides even though they said the environmental coating was applied. Apparently they apply it with the slides closed so the painted surface under the slide seals is not coated.
  • Fresh water tank drain valve was so close to the compartment wall it could not be opened or closed
  • Paint chips all along the sidewall of the coach, especially in the area of the sidewall trim piece.
  • The biggest issue of all is, IMO, a dent along the side wall. General believes it is because the screws for mounting a trim piece have been over tightened and are pulling the side wall in. The Sales Manager says he does not know if Jayco will pay for the repair under warranty. My response was until Jayco decides there is no deal and we walked. My second comment to them was if the screws were over tightened it is only a matter of time before they break off and we have a bigger issue.

The PDI itself was good. The staff member was knowledgeable and it took us about 3 hours. As a note, the PDI took some extra time because so many other customers were wanting to see the Accolade. One couple even climbed in the drivers door while we were checking out the outside rear area.

We'll see what they have to say on Monday.
Old 09-28-2019, 06:17 PM   #19

Sorry to hear it didn’t go well for you, sometimes you gotta wonder how these places stay in business. Sounds like the guy giving the PDI at least knew about the unit, on ours the guy didn’t know ANYTHING and I was having to tell him stuff that I learned from reading these forums. If this is a brand new unit and still on the lot then Jayco needs to fix that wall under warranty, no questions asked! It’s ridiculous for the salesman to even say that. As far as people wanting to see it and climbing in it, if it’s considered sold then nobody should be in or near it! It would piss me off having people climbing in the seats of a unit I am getting. Hopefully Monday goes better for you.

Old 09-29-2019, 05:41 AM   #20

Having people climb through my truck after I purchased it would have made me upset to. Please take record of the mileage; once had a salesman give test rides on a brand new boat my family purchased while it was still at the dealership.

Seriously, Jayco won’t pay for a major problem under warranty??? You did the right thing in walking out of there. A dent in a wall is not related to screws as the fiberglass/luan/styrofoam/interior sheathing is all one glued piece. Water intrusion, however, can unglue (delaminate) that wall. PLUS you get 5 years of warranty on this!!

I also knew more than my PDI person because of the people on this forum. Sorry you didn’t get to leave with it, but there is NO RUSH to fix your RV AFTER you roll it off their lot. If they feel it’s above their head, have them ship it back to Jayco Service. During the tour of the factory they told be how every unit is inspected for quality before leaving. Ummm?????
McGintys924 is offline   Reply With Quote