Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-20-2020, 03:54 PM   #1

Seneca H2O Fill Valve issue

Noobie question trying to fill fresh water.
When using the 3 way Valve, which offers the 3 settings: Sanitize/winterize ||City|| Tank Fill.
Leaving it on City use, all is fine. But s I go to fill the fresh water tank, I experienced a filling black tank with an overflowing bowl, while I got nothing into the fresh tank (confirmed by sucking air when faucets open).

When I tried to diagnose how the valve is distributing water, I'm finding the line that runs forward to the bathroom (and rises under the sink to the 1 way check vent) is pressurizing, on both the sanitize or Tank fill settings. It appears that this is is feeding the black tank only. Can that be right?

Can anybody confirm for me if this line a black sanitize line or it Fresh water?

Otherwise, I can't figure out whats happening (either RV hardware or User Software) to keep the fresh tank from filling.

Thanks for any feedback!
Chris
Croni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2020, 04:01 PM   #2

It sounds like they got your water tank and black tank flush line mixed up.

What year Seneca is this and is it under warranty?
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk TOAD
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2020, 04:45 PM   #3

Sorry, I guess I could have included that detail.
2014 model.
Not under factory warranty but we did add extended coverage upon purchase.
Old 07-20-2020, 06:04 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Croni View Post
Sorry, I guess I could have included that detail.
2014 model.
Not under factory warranty but we did add extended coverage upon purchase.
A 2014 should have 2 valves to control the water, and two inlet hose connections. One inlet hose connection is the actual fresh water in, the other is (supposed to be) plumbed directly to the black tank flush.

Can you attach a picture to help us understand how things are configured?
Attached Thumbnails
Panel valves.jpg  
Toads: 2019 Ford Edge ST or 2013 Ford Focus ST
Robbbyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2020, 11:06 AM   #5

The photo shared now makes me believe this had an aftermarket valve replacement installed.

With that, I the question I’m seeking to understand is the purpose of the waterline that runs forward into the under sink compartment. Is that black flush or fresh water fill?
Attached Thumbnails
931FAF4F-E565-4979-AE07-D2143B338F10.jpeg  
Old 07-21-2020, 11:29 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Croni View Post
The photo shared now makes me believe this had an aftermarket valve replacement installed.

With that, I the question I’m seeking to understand is the purpose of the waterline that runs forward into the under sink compartment. Is that black flush or fresh water fill?
That looks like a scaled down version of the Anderson Kantleak system that was on my prior Challenger. I attached the documentation for that system that shows how it should be plumbed. Where is the black tank flush hose connection in relation to the panel? Could have been hooked up backwards during the change over.

A plumbing change would explain the issues you are having. Did you buy this from a dealer or private seller?

In a situation like this some plumbing fittings or adapter and an air compressor running about 30 to 40 PSI could be your best friend. Hook the compressor to the black tank flush and see what happens. Then hook it to the fresh water inlet and try the tank fill and see what happens.

Anderson MANRV101.pdf
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk TOAD
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2020, 11:56 AM   #7

It looks like your unit has had some changes by the prior owner... so what else they modified may be in question.

On our Seneca - the Black Flush line will travel forward and then up (behind a sink) where it is above the level of the Black tank and a check valve / vaccum breaker valve resides near the top. It then comes back down to the black tank flush. Diagrams is attached were sent to us for our 2014 Seneca 36FK. yours may be slightly different.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 0039086_F_1_020314.pdf (78.4 KB, 16 views)
File Type: pdf 0039085_P_1-4_110314.pdf (384.3 KB, 13 views)
07 Toyota FJC & Yamaha Kodiak 400 ATV

SloPoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2020, 05:58 AM   #8

Tools to correct the

Gents,

Thank you for the quick reply and more importantly, the attachments that I'll be able to use to re-route the lines (after a beer's worth of studying water flow and corrective valve installation).

When we took delivery I did spend the majority of the day going thru all the systems with the dealers tech. He referenced how the prev. owners used it for 'city' use and pointed out the addition of water filter system. I checked all the pump operation & hot h20, but I failed to have him demonstrate water tank fill operation.

We then made immediate departure, with the exception that I'd have to sort out the other gremlins...so here I am!

I'd done some lurking on this site to learn all I could pre departure & I had found several helpful topics. I appreciate you sharing your knowledge. I'm confident that I'll be back.

Chris