Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-11-2019, 08:47 PM   #21

Well assuming you have the residential fridge in your 2019 model, I really couldnt say as we have the gas/electric in our 2018.5. The fridge will be running off the batteries through the inverter and I dont know if the alternator would keep up with it

Rustynuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2019, 08:52 PM   #22

Yep - I’ll have to have a good charge on it but it should be fine until we get home if it starts full... I have gone 48 hours running the fridge and only gone down to 2/3 battery I just would rather keep it charged on the way.

I know i could charge the house bank with the 12 volt charger from generator power but don’t really want to do that going down the road.

Thanks for the assistance!
Old 08-11-2019, 09:13 PM   #23

uh oh... I saw the dreaded CW in this thread.

GeorgeM... remember that "un-named dealer" has a bad reputation with this kind of stuff, you have house batteries that are at stake here, and "un-named dealer" won't replace them because your PG converter went out. Do what you can to protect your food temperature AND your house batteries. That may mean running your generator and temporary charger until you get everything repaired.

Do not trust the 1/3, 2/3, full battery status indicators on the control panel... they are not accurate. A 1/3 reading means you might have another deep cycle added to the death cycle your batteries have. If you are below 12.4v at rest - you have a likely deep cycle occuring (depends on the temperature too)
07 Toyota FJC & Yamaha Kodiak 400 ATV

SloPoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2019, 05:56 AM   #24

Thanks slopoke appreciate it. CW is just a fail safe and I will be calling others to see if they can help out faster. I do have everything running properly with the charger on the house batteries.

I am concerned about over charging the battery bank so I have been rather conservative on how I was bringing them up on voltage.

Any thoughts on where I should stop on the voltage reading for the house battery bank? Stock 6 volt from Jayco no changes made to them yet...
Old 08-14-2019, 07:16 PM   #25

Converter replaced and imagine this CW never called to keep the appointment they made to troubleshoot the problem. They must have meant a week from today. ��

As usual thanks for everyone’s help!
Old 08-14-2019, 09:03 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeM View Post
Converter replaced and imagine this CW never called to keep the appointment they made to troubleshoot the problem. They must have meant a week from today. ��
Imagine my surprise... well you can't, I am not surprised in the least.

We still have a few years on our extended warranty we purchased with them. Our fireplace heater has given up... (prepping for the big chill in Minnesota) and I decided to fix the fireplace myself instead of taking it to CW for warranty work and becoming more of a victim than we already have been.

I ordered the Dimplex (manufacturer of our fireplace) heater assembly from them this week, it came today - it get's installed tomorrow!

Knowing that our Seneca is getting fixed properly.... Priceless

Knowing that our Seneca is not going to have the batteries drained by sitting in the lot for 3-weeks waiting for parts.... Priceless

Knowing that there are no parts taken from our Seneca and sold to customers..... Priceless
Attached Thumbnails
20190814_195039.jpg  
07 Toyota FJC & Yamaha Kodiak 400 ATV

SloPoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2019, 07:51 PM   #27

I will give kudos to campersinn in Myrtle beach who had someone out same day to troubleshoot and I watched the tech go through the troubleshooting steps on the converter exactly as one should and followed the logic after doubting it was a bad converter because it rarely is the converter from his experience but ended up the customer was correct this time. The tech did have more confidence when he saw the multimeter on the dinette (May have been left on purpose).