Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 10-13-2020, 10:03 PM   #1

Seneca landing gear

Ok, went for a drive to have my a/c charged. Got back to my campground and can't lower my jacks, no lights come on the controller. Key is in my hand so that's not the problem. Start it again and it lights up as it should when first started. Move the transmission lever through several gears and reset my parking break, still nothing. Any other ideas?

Second problem, now the a/c blows cold but have a check engine light. Mechanic tried to read it with his scanner but is locked out. Said it now needs to go to a cummings dealer. really!

We traveled 5000 miles this summer with no problems, now that were home problems.

Thanks for reading my post.
whporwil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2020, 05:49 AM   #2

Do you have the Bigfoot levelers? If not, disregard my response!

In one part I read you had no lights on the jack panel. That happened to me once, the 7.5 amp fuse was blown that is part of the coach battery switch (picture attached). If panel is indeed powered up but still not responding, try removing the control panel screws, pull out the panel and unplug the wiring harness connector, wait 30 seconds, plug it back in and retry.

Are your house batteries charged up? The levelers run off of them.

If nothing still works call Bigfoot, I have found them to be very helpful.
Attached Thumbnails
20191021_075301.jpg  
Toads: 2019 Ford Edge ST or 2013 Ford Focus ST
Robbbyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2020, 04:15 PM   #3

Robbbyr Thanks for getting back to me. I started off by replacing both 7.5 fuses then disconnected the control panel and waited a bit. Neither of these worked. Looking at my batteries they looked good and tested good but i decided to disconnect everything and found a number of dirty connections. Cleaning all these up made the difference and everything now works. Thanks again!
whporwil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2020, 06:43 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by whporwil View Post
Robbbyr Thanks for getting back to me. I started off by replacing both 7.5 fuses then disconnected the control panel and waited a bit. Neither of these worked. Looking at my batteries they looked good and tested good but i decided to disconnect everything and found a number of dirty connections. Cleaning all these up made the difference and everything now works. Thanks again!
Glad to hear it wasn't a problem that cost you a lot of $$$!
Toads: 2019 Ford Edge ST or 2013 Ford Focus ST
Robbbyr is offline   Reply With Quote