Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-31-2019, 08:11 AM   #1

Seneca living room slide

I have a 2017 37rb so I have the bigger living room slide that has a fridge in the slide. I'm about to replace the rub bars that the slide rides in and out on. This is the bar that's screwed to the floor. when your slide is out this bar should be tucked under the edge of your slide out, you can see it by lifting the carpet. On my Seneca the screws are just about in line with the edge of the slide on the 2019 Seneca I looked at the screw line is about 3/4 inch away from the slide. My rub bar is cracked on all ends and I posted this on this forum and got lots of reads but no comments. Am I the only one that this has happened to? I'm about to change the bars and I questioning where to place them.

This is what a Jayco tek told me. The rub bars are an item that wears out. If your slide makes a lot of noise when operating it's time to change them. Mine is really bad. As for the placement of the bar on the floor he said to put them in the same spot otherwise the slide could be off and your paint lines on the outside walls may not match. But in my mind all rub bars are the same thickness so this shouldn't matter. If your in your camper and have a ruler I'd like to hear how far your screw line is from the edge of your slide and please tell me what year your camper is.

When my Seneca was new it was delivered to me with a couple of screws that wern't down all the way on this rub bar. They actually wore a grove from the screw head into the bottom of the plywood on my slide before I caught it.

Any comments welcome, Thanks

2017 37RB
AL
whporwil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2019, 09:42 AM   #2

I periodically hit this bar with spray lube to make it ease the load on the motor when moving the slide over the bar (rub rail). Maybe that will also help minimize cracking too. Do you know if the entire slide contacts this bar, or just he edges? I ask because the bottom of the slide is covered in a thin (cheap) woven plastic material and not a durable solid plastic sheet that I had on a previous RV. I assume you have to fork lift the slide out to R&R the bar. And what is the P/N for the bar? Interested in knowing what it is made of (nylon?).
Crossingover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2019, 10:06 AM   #3

Can you post a picture?
07 Toyota FJC & Yamaha Kodiak 400 ATV

SloPoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2019, 05:00 PM   #4

I'll try slopoke but I'll be tell you my crack goes right down the screw line and one end is to the second screw
Attached Thumbnails
KIMG0307.jpg  
Old 07-31-2019, 05:10 PM   #5

Here is a better picture.
Attached Thumbnails
KIMG0317.jpg