Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 11-30-2021, 10:32 AM   #401

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
lawingnutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2021, 10:40 AM   #402

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammer55 View Post
do these keep the drawers closed while traveling,, those plastic catches are crap, always having to reset them cause they keep catching while the drawer is open, and not working,, and do you measure the drawer for the length of the slides to order,, TIA
Accuride guides come in many varieties, the do make a touch release (TR) that you have to push the drawer in about 1/16” and it unlocks and pops the drawer open about 2”, I used these on all my storage units in the compartments like my tool box. On interior drawers I prefer to use a Southco Grabber latch that was designed for marine use, they come in different pound/pull ratings. As retired cabinetmaker, you can’t go wrong with Accuride products.
Attached Thumbnails
74EBF289-84A5-4F40-B9FD-9AFD1DC843E2.jpeg  

Rustynuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2021, 04:04 PM   #403

Quote:
Originally Posted by GollyGwiz View Post
If something goes bad with the Watchdog that the replaceable module can't fix I could always revert to original.
Hughes is having their cyber sale. I just purchased the replacement module for $33, no tax, no shipping.
I will now add that to my spare parts tub in the basement.
Instagram @wanderingpeaches
www.youtube.com/@wanderingpeaches
repeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2021, 06:30 AM   #404

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rustynuts View Post
Accuride guides come in many varieties, the do make a touch release (TR) that you have to push the drawer in about 1/16” and it unlocks and pops the drawer open about 2”, I used these on all my storage units in the compartments like my tool box. On interior drawers I prefer to use a Southco Grabber latch that was designed for marine use, they come in different pound/pull ratings. As retired cabinetmaker, you can’t go wrong with Accuride products.
aren't these what they use now,, maybe a cheaper brand,,
Old 12-01-2021, 08:52 AM   #405

those of you that removed the carpet, and added vinyl flooring what did you do where the slide comes in, did it last, cause it is in the path way where you step when the slide is in, our carpet did not last the original owner, and my ownership,, TIA
Old 12-01-2021, 01:09 PM   #406

Quote:
aren't these what they use now,, maybe a cheaper brand,,
They use a very cheap knockoff ball bearing guide. Whats worse is their installation of these cheap guides is so bad that the start falling apart. Back when I had my cabinet shop, a pair of quality Accuride guides ran $8-10 a pair wholesale. I could also buy the Chinese knockoffs for about $2-3 a pair. I have been replacing mine in my coach over time and have everything done by the kitchen.

Old 12-03-2021, 12:55 PM   #407

What did you use for locks on the big drawers?
Pics?
Timdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2021, 02:26 PM   #408

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timdog View Post
What did you use for locks on the big drawers?
Pics?

Whose big drawers are you asking about?

Old 12-05-2021, 01:31 PM   #409

Extra water in washing machine

Y'all will probably laugh at me for this one... but it is a pet peeve of mine.
The US Gov't sets how much water a washing machine can use based on its size. With our Splendide washer I have seen dry clothes in the middle as it is washing, ie, no where near enough water. Well for the past few years I had a hose hooked up to the hot water line and would add extra water via the soap dispenser. Pain to stand there hand hold the hose. For $9.00 at amazon I purchased two momentary contact switches. I wired one in on the wire for the hot water solenoid and one on the cold water solenoid. Please keep in mind that Splendide is built in the EU and there they switch the Neutral, not the Hot side of the 120 volt.
Anyhow, now when I do a load of laundry I can add extra hot water or cold water or both to the load with the pushing of a button.
Attached Thumbnails
20211203_151137.jpg   20211203_151145.jpg   20211203_152119.jpg   20211205_130955.jpg  
Instagram @wanderingpeaches
www.youtube.com/@wanderingpeaches
repeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2021, 09:52 AM   #410

OK, I seen where some posted on facecrack someone followed Brian's idea and put lights attached to the underside with magnets, how many did you use and where did you stick the to the frame, and did you shield the wires that you ran, I would comment on facecrack but I am in facecrack jail again for my 33rd 30 days,,
Old 12-06-2021, 01:37 PM   #411

Quote:
OK, I seen where some posted on facecrack someone followed Brian's idea and put lights attached to the underside with magnets, how many did you use and where did you stick the to the frame, and did you shield the wires that you ran, I would comment on facecrack but I am in facecrack jail again for my 33rd 30 days,,
I used the Mictuning rock lights which are 8 light puck with 2 mounting holes. I bolted 2 magnets on each light, in the mounting holes. You can stick them to anywhere you have metal, depending where you mount them has an an effect on the lighting. Most of mine down the passenger side are stuck to the the truck frame itself and on the rear, have them stuck to some bracing on each side. The nice thing about the magnets is you can move them around until you get them where you like them. The wires in the kit are nice shielded wires with screw together, o-ring sealed connections…..they are made for the elements. To get to the back, you need some extension cords that they sell separate.
Attached Thumbnails
B297AB23-04EE-418D-97E1-5B7DDBCA8E98.jpg   23E98B85-2D91-4ECC-9E5D-0FFCE6A8E696.jpg  

Old 12-07-2021, 05:54 AM   #412

thanks,,
Old 12-09-2021, 09:51 PM   #413

Just installed 8 Mictuning C2 Rock lights using the same magnets. I installed all of my wires in 3/8” plastic wire wrap and secured them above the frame. I purchased 10’ extension cables, they are sold in pairs. I used 4. Installed 3 rock lights behind the rear axle. They look and work great!!
Old 12-10-2021, 09:48 AM   #414

thanks for the info all
Old 12-10-2021, 01:54 PM   #415

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawingnutz View Post
Just installed 8 Mictuning C2 Rock lights using the same magnets. I installed all of my wires in 3/8” plastic wire wrap and secured them above the frame. I purchased 10’ extension cables, they are sold in pairs. I used 4. Installed 3 rock lights behind the rear axle. They look and work great!!
Just a few questions: where did you end up plugging this in? Remote control or switch?
Rgbw multi color or white?
On the magnets, can you get them pre drilled or bolt installed?
Thanks!
Semix-Hex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2021, 02:13 PM   #416

Quote:
Originally Posted by Semix-Hex View Post
Just a few questions: where did you end up plugging this in? Remote control or switch?
Rgbw multi color or white?
On the magnets, can you get them pre drilled or bolt installed?
Thanks!

The Mictuning lights are controlled with a phone app and can be wiring into any 12v source. Many have tapped into the compartment lights, myself, I mounted an accessory fuse panel connected directly to the house batteries as I have added USB ports and other items powered off the fuse panel. The magnets bolt onto the puck lights and then you can stick them where ever you want and move them around until you get the look you want. There is a C1 and C2 version available, I used the C1 which was all there was back when I did mine. Here is a link to the magnets I used.

Attached Thumbnails
i-D75TmT7-X2.jpg   i-NP7dPJQ-X2.jpg   i-hskpSGm-X2.jpg  

Old 12-10-2021, 03:39 PM   #417

Installed On/Off switch inside outside TV cabinet. Taped into 12VDC for radio from under kitchen sink. Lights controlled from phone via Bluetooth. I purchased the C2 lights. Per light, i used 2 #10-24 x 1.5” machine screws and nuts to secure lights to magnets… and used blue threadlock.
Old 12-21-2021, 07:26 AM   #418

I have seen somewhere that someone changed out their kitchen faucet, well wanting to know, mine has a sealing ring between the faucet and the counter top, when you replace it with a regular home faucet, did you install the plate that comes for that counter mount or ? I (we) are sick of the crap that came with the seneca,,,,
Old 01-02-2022, 03:36 PM   #419

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyNick View Post
Upgraded the stock headlights to LED's. It made a tremendous difference.

Also swapped out the stock bathroom sink faucet to a Moen brand one with a longer reach. With the stock one, I couldn't even get my hands under the faucet to wash them.

Had the dash stereo upgraded to Kenwood DDX6906S with USB and Line-In jacks.

Added a ScanGauge, mounted just right of the dash.

Swapped out the house stereo to a Sony STR-DH590.

Pulled the front floor mat, addressed a little bit of surface rust and put down KilMat 80 mil. It's helped make the cab a little quieter.

Did you need to modify the wiring when installing these LED headlights? I purchased similar headlights from amazon and was able to see the benefit they provided when mounting the driver’s side units; but when i finished the install on the passenger side, the low beam units on both sides had a complete reduction in power. The high beams still work great, but the low beams are so dim we can’t drive at night. Can’t figure out what needs to be modified, or why they only dimmed when both sides were finished (upgraded side worked great when the other side remained OEM).

2006 Jayco Seneca, Kodiak 5500 chassis
mrdavidson09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2022, 07:17 PM   #420

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rustynuts View Post
The Mictuning lights are controlled with a phone app and can be wiring into any 12v source. Many have tapped into the compartment lights, myself, I mounted an accessory fuse panel connected directly to the house batteries as I have added USB ports and other items powered off the fuse panel. The magnets bolt onto the puck lights and then you can stick them where ever you want and move them around until you get the look you want. There is a C1 and C2 version available, I used the C1 which was all there was back when I did mine. Here is a link to the magnets I used.

How many lights did you use? Looks good, I like the magnet idea. I have these on my Jeep and it would be kind of cool to have them matching on the Seneca.
Jeepin Jason is offline   Reply With Quote