Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 02-03-2018, 09:25 AM   #21

QD 8000 air filter

I have come upon the hours for the air filter change. I am currently able to order oil filters on amazon, does anyone have a part number to order the air filter?
Old 02-03-2018, 11:32 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by McGintys924 View Post
I have come upon the hours for the air filter change. I am currently able to order oil filters on amazon, does anyone have a part number to order the air filter?
On my Seneca it is the Cummins Onan 140-2897 Air Filter.

https://www.amazon.com/Cummins-Onan-...70_&dpSrc=srch

And if it is of any help, I have attached my complete filter list for my 2014. But regarding the generator, it seems there could be two different fuel filters used, one is a "block"-style, the other is an in-line cylinder. Mine is the cylinder-type.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Seneca Filters listing.pdf (9.2 KB, 58 views)
Toads: 2019 Ford Edge ST or 2013 Ford Focus ST
Robbbyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2018, 01:00 PM   #23

Thanks Rob

Thanks Rob, that is exactly what I needed. I will have to take a look under there at the fuel filter when the 6 inches of snow melts! Ill post what I find.
Old 02-04-2018, 09:54 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by McGintys924 View Post
when the 6 inches of snow melts
Weird weather here, huh?
60's yesterday and now its snowing.
Old 02-04-2018, 07:02 PM   #25

If anyone has a gen that uses the block style, I have one, I'd be happy to give up. Accidentally ordered the wrong one (mine is round). Feel free to pm me if you could use it.
Old 02-05-2018, 12:11 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbbyr View Post
I think it best to leave the factory dino oil in until you get back while the engine breaks-in and the rings seat. I now change it at 7,500 mile intervals myself, after the first change I use Shell Rotella T6 synthetic. I installed Fumoto drain valves on the Cummins and the Onan to make the draining easy and mess-free. Other than volume, the Cummins change is easier than on many cars I have owned in the past.

My unit had only about 300 miles on it when I bought it in Michigan.
How do you know which Fumoto drain values to buy, or are the threads all the same. I have a 2018 Seneca on the new S2RV chasis.

Bob
Bob, Marge and Whitney (German Shepard Dog)
Rafstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2018, 08:45 AM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafstar View Post
How do you know which Fumoto drain values to buy, or are the threads all the same. I have a 2018 Seneca on the new S2RV chasis.

Bob
Hey Bob!

According to the Fumoto website your Cummins should still use the same valve as mine. It has M22-1.5 threads. Here is a link to that site: Search Results | Fumoto® Engine Oil Drain Valves I ordered the straight nipple model From Amazon, I also have the locking clip for added peace of mind. It makes oil changes so much easier. The first change was obviously messy since you have to remove the stock oil plug.

A way I double-checked my fit was to go to the Cummins QuickServe Online website, I signed up for an account that lets me look up the specific parts installed on my engine. When you sign up for your account you enter the engine serial number. Then you have a wealth of information at your disposal tailored to your vehicle. The QuickServe website is here: https://quickserve.cummins.com/info/index.html From that page you have the ability to create an account. I have attached a screenshot showing the way the information is presented, you can see where it lists the specific size for my plug.

I also have a Fumoto valve on the generator, but there are two thread types it could have. At my first oil change I had to measure and replace the original plug, then I got the correct valve for the second change. Mine required both an adapter screwed into the Onan crankcase then the actual valve into the adapter. This addition makes draining the generator oil mess-free like the chassis engine.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Cummins QuickServe Online.pdf (191.7 KB, 31 views)
Old 02-05-2018, 09:29 AM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbbyr View Post
Hey Bob!

According to the Fumoto website your Cummins should still use the same valve as mine. It has M22-1.5 threads. Here is a link to that site: Search Results | Fumoto® Engine Oil Drain Valves I ordered the straight nipple model From Amazon, I also have the locking clip for added peace of mind. It makes oil changes so much easier. The first change was obviously messy since you have to remove the stock oil plug.

A way I double-checked my fit was to go to the Cummins QuickServe Online website, I signed up for an account that lets me look up the specific parts installed on my engine. When you sign up for your account you enter the engine serial number. Then you have a wealth of information at your disposal tailored to your vehicle. The QuickServe website is here: https://quickserve.cummins.com/info/index.html From that page you have the ability to create an account. I have attached a screenshot showing the way the information is presented, you can see where it lists the specific size for my plug.

I also have a Fumoto valve on the generator, but there are two thread types it could have. At my first oil change I had to measure and replace the original plug, then I got the correct valve for the second change. Mine required both an adapter screwed into the Onan crankcase then the actual valve into the adapter. This addition makes draining the generator oil mess-free like the chassis engine.
Thanks Rob!!!!

I should have known that you had this on your Seneca.

I do like the idea of the locking clip. I was wondering about an accidental flipping of the lever on the valve.

Bob
Bob, Marge and Whitney (German Shepard Dog)
Rafstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2018, 09:36 AM   #29

If you plan on doing your own oil changes (as I do) the valve is indispensable. Likewise for the generator!
Old 11-08-2018, 02:42 PM   #30

FYI, during my first oil change I discovered that the drain plug in my 2018.5 S2RV Chassis is 18mm x 1.5 so it takes Fumoto valve F104N and not the 22mm valve.

Rustynuts is offline   Reply With Quote