Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 11-09-2018, 10:25 PM   #1

Seneca Question

I am moving from Class A to a 2019 Seneca and have a question. On my class A, I installed a Safe-T Plus steering stabilizer. So my question is, will I need to do the same with my Seneca?
LaMigra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2018, 10:28 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaMigra View Post
I am moving from Class A to a 2019 Seneca and have a question. On my class A, I installed a Safe-T Plus steering stabilizer. So my question is, will I need to do the same with my Seneca?
My 2014 does not have any aftermarket stabilizer and I think it handles very well. Far, far more stable on the highway than my previous Ford E-Series Class C units!
Toads: 2019 Ford Edge ST or 2013 Ford Focus ST
Robbbyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2018, 10:29 PM   #3

Congratulations and welcome by the way!
Toads: 2019 Ford Edge ST or 2013 Ford Focus ST
Robbbyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2018, 10:37 PM   #4

On our old Winnebago Sightseer we had the safe-t plus stabilizer and the super steer front and rear trac bars and while it was better than without it was never a relaxing drive for me. Our new Seneca in bone stock configuration is SO much better driving and I am completely relaxed just as I am driving my pickup. While it may make a difference, it’s not something that I think you need to add.

Rustynuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2018, 10:55 PM   #5

We have a 2017 Seneca 36FK.

Took delivery in Salt Lake City. Decided to visit family in Spokane before heading east on our cross country adventure. The drive north through Idaho and Montana was filled with numerous white knuckle experiences. The worst was cross winds, rutted road, and a passing semi!

These experiences prompted hours research and conversations for this first time RV owner.

I decided that a Safe-T-Plus was an essential addition. I took it one step further and also installed the Road Master Davis Track Bar.

These add ons plus a really good front alignment make our Seneca a pleasure to drive. She will track perfectly straight on an uncrowned road. A passing semi is no longer a cause for concern. Cross winds are still have to be dealt with, but a much less of a challenge.

Additionally, if a steer tire should blow, the system will make the coach controllable.

So, the bottom line is yes, install the Safe-T-Plus.

Welcome to the family. You will find this group and Jayco Motorized Customer Service extremely helpful.
2017 Seneca 36FK
ChuckW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2018, 11:46 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbbyr View Post
My 2014 does not have any aftermarket stabilizer and I think it handles very well. Far, far more stable on the highway than my previous Ford E-Series Class C units!
^^ ^^ X2 Our 2015 36FK does not have anything aftermarket either, nor would we put something on it either - even if free! Why mess up something that is already working just fine???? (if it ain't broke, don't fix it)

We now have almost 30K mi on our Seneca and it is very comfortable to run 8-hours a day on the interstate - or two lane county back road (we prefer the scenery) . All of the Interstate miles are running near the speed limit for cars, and passing the majority of trucks. We don't have any issues with passing or being passed by anything (except the state troopers)
07 Toyota FJC & Yamaha Kodiak 400 ATV

SloPoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2018, 01:19 AM   #7

Thank you to everyone for your advise. I really had no choice, I had add the stabilizer to my 34 foot, Fleetwood Southwind. Driving it was exhausting, but after the stabilizer it did perform much better. The past two summers I camp hosted at a Ghost Town in Montana. Driving from our home in AZ to MT, was interesting in my Class A, gas. Then this summer, after finishing up in MT, we drove east to MA, south through the Smokies, then west through TX and home. This summer we put over 8000 miles our Fleetwood. May of 2019, we are retuning to MT and hosting for the summer. Then in September, we are heading west and south and home by Nov 1. We are so looking forward to spending it in our new 360 cummins, Seneca. Via Con Dios, Mi Amigos
LaMigra is offline   Reply With Quote