Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 01-16-2015, 09:41 AM   #1

Seneca Radio

Can you add or has anyone added Pandora to their Clarion Radio? My husband thinks he remembers our sales person telling him it either had Pandora or that it could be added. Since I am more of a tech/ gadget person than he is he has left it to me to figure out. I can't find a thing about Pandora in the operators manual for the radio. HELP!!!
2JayBirds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2015, 02:40 PM   #2

We just did it with our IPhone using the bluetooth function of the radio.
Mr.Oz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2015, 03:02 PM   #3

Thank you. I also just found a free download I can do using a micro sad card and add it that way. Think that is how we will do it.
Old 01-16-2015, 10:43 PM   #4

So...you were able to get an update for the radio firmware that supports Pandora control through the head unit? I do the same thing as Mr. Oz - stream Pandora through Bluetooth.
2014 Honda CR-V toad

anav8or is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2015, 08:20 AM   #5

I think so. Have it downloaded on my PC but need to get a micro sad card to put it on so I can then add it to the Clairon. Here is the link I found.

http://www.clarion.com/us/en/newstop...1/20111114_01/

Yes it is dated 2011, but is said to be an update for this model Clarion. Looks like the NX501 that is in our Senecas is an older model. .they already have 900 and 901 models out and quite a few others in between. Found this out through Google.
Old 01-17-2015, 05:23 PM   #6

Thanks for the info. I installed the bluetooth and firmware updates this afternoon and also bought a map update for North America (original maps were from 2010). This is where I ran into a problem - in order to get the updates to fit on the 4gb sd card that came with the radio, I had to delete the western half of the US along with Canada. After researching a bit, it appears that swapping the 4gb card out for a bigger one isn't an option - you are stuck with the card that came with the unit. Frustrating...
2014 Honda CR-V toad

Old 01-22-2015, 09:05 PM   #7

If I read the directions correctly you were suppose to turn the radio off and take the SD card that came with the radio out. Then use a NEW Blank SD card to download the info from the link I posted on to that new card. Put it in the Radio, turn it on and follow the directions on the screen to add the download info to your radio. Then turn it off again, take the sd card you did the download with out and put the one that came with the radio back in it. I sure hope you didn't mess up anything with your radio.
Old 01-22-2015, 09:23 PM   #8

Nah, I followed those same directions for the firmware updates and used a different SD card. The nav system uses the 4gb card that came with the unit to store the maps. Map updates are done using Clarion's "NaviExtras" update tool. It tells you to remove the SD card from the radio and plug it into your PC. The card is serialized/coded which allows Clarion's servers to recognize the specific radio you have. Beats having to drag a laptop out to the camper and plug it in, I guess, but the space limitation on the card is a problem.

Bottom line is that the radio/gps is working fine with latest firmware and updated maps that only cover half of the US.
2014 Honda CR-V toad

Old 02-12-2015, 08:23 AM   #9

Sounds good.