Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 01-06-2022, 02:06 PM   #121

I thought i read in an older post on this that slopoke said something about lowering his jacks down pushed the air out of the bags
01 mixson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2022, 02:29 PM   #122

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01 mixson View Post
I thought i read in an older post on this that slopoke said something about lowering his jacks down pushed the air out of the bags
Yes, raising the rear end up high will cause the leveling valves to empty the bags, may take two or more cycles up and down to completely empty the bags. But be aware the jacks can lift the rear tires off the ground. That's your parking brake and if you are on a sloped site it may try to roll and put lateral stress on the jacks. Not good. Plus you have the single-pump Equalizer leveling system that several folks have had the motor fail. I can't say it was due to "excessive" use but that is a concern from some of those owners.

If you are going to to run air lines and valves I would suggest just putting a tee in each line between the leveling valves and the bags (keeping them separate) and then use your newly installed valves to dump the air. Just open them simultaneously and not risk picking the rear tires off the ground.
Toads: 2019 Ford Edge ST or 2013 Ford Focus ST
Robbbyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2022, 09:20 AM   #123

That is a great idea, as soon as the weather snaps, i'll tackle it thanks for the input, really appreciate it.
01 mixson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2022, 04:49 PM   #124

Hello!

I am looking at adding manual dump valves. Thanks for the various pictures and Amazon links to parts! But...

Perhaps I'm missing something obvious... as I understand, you install a T on each side and route the hose from each T to two separate valves. The valves have the hose from the T and a dump silencer. But in the pictures I see a second hose connected to the valve??

Where does that second hose go to / come from?

Thanks,
Nick
nullman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2022, 08:21 PM   #125

Nick,
I used the solenoid valves like Rob but I think I can answer your question. In the manual system pictured on this thread it appears that the valve is the “t”. It is a three way valve that allows air to pass between two ports when the handle is one way or directs the air from the incoming port 90 degrees to a second port when the handle is the other way. I would assume he removed the line between the ride height adjuster and the bag and then ran a line ftom the ride height adjuster to the inlet port on the valve. Then a line from the bag was run to the outlet side of the valve. It should be the one inline with the inlet port. Finally it appears that the last port at 90 degrees to the others it where he installed the adjustable flow dump valve. I hope this helps.
Lost and Found 2022 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2022, 08:40 PM   #126

Nick,
I was wrong on the ports. The inlet is the one perpendicular to the other two. The ball valve diverts the air in the other two directions either out the dump valve or to the bag. Sorry for the mistake.
Old 01-07-2022, 10:08 PM   #127

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost and Found 2022 View Post
Nick,
I was wrong on the ports. The inlet is the one perpendicular to the other two. The ball valve diverts the air in the other two directions either out the dump valve or to the bag. Sorry for the mistake.
Ah, the valve is the 'T'! The two hoses connect the valve in-line.

Thanks! That explains it for me!

Nick
nullman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2022, 11:45 AM   #128

safely remove air from bags

I am getting ready to start this project and was wondering what the best way is to deflate the airbags before cutting the lines?
bobbyg45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2022, 12:16 PM   #129

You shouldn't have to cut the lines. Just push and pull the line out of the fitting and add a T fitting for both bags. The air tank should have a drain cock to release the air
Pookieandsparky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2022, 02:39 PM   #130

If I have my info right, whether I cut and t or t and extend (the best choice) the bags hold air even if the tank is drained. It’s hard to pull the lines (and maybe dangerous) when they are under pressure. Any way to deflate the bags independently?
Old 05-28-2022, 03:16 PM   #131

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyg45 View Post
If I have my info right, whether I cut and t or t and extend (the best choice) the bags hold air even if the tank is drained. It’s hard to pull the lines (and maybe dangerous) when they are under pressure. Any way to deflate the bags independently?
Using your leveler Jacks raise and lower your Stern several times. You'll hear air escaping. Be sure not to take the rear tires off the ground.
repeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2022, 08:07 PM   #132

Thank you.
Old 08-17-2022, 06:06 AM   #133

Would you help me with the electrical you did with the two switches. I like your idea, but have never worked with this type of set up. Where did you get your materials. TUIA
Speedie 37FS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2022, 10:20 AM   #134

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedie 37FS View Post
Would you help me with the electrical you did with the two switches. I like your idea, but have never worked with this type of set up. Where did you get your materials. TUIA
Brian did the dead-man two handed switch.
I tapped into the awning control power, it is already ignition locked out.
That way I only needed one switch.
Instagram @wanderingpeaches
www.youtube.com/@wanderingpeaches
repeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2022, 11:05 AM   #135

I ran a wire straight to the chassis batteries to wire my single switch. i put a spring loaded switch by the propane tank so it couldn't be left on. only takes seconds for airbags to purge. One note about other posts... i drained the resevoir tank of air pressure, but it did not let the air out of the bags. So i cut the lines to the bags and spliced in dump valves. Be careful that you have room under the RV when you cut those lines...... brings 15,000 pounds of RV down about 4 to 6 inches... you could get crushed.
tpastorini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2022, 11:42 AM   #136

Speedie,
What leveling system do you have? Bigfoot? What year is your Seneca?
Old 08-18-2022, 05:21 AM   #137

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpastorini View Post
I ran a wire straight to the chassis batteries to wire my single switch. i put a spring loaded switch by the propane tank so it couldn't be left on. only takes seconds for airbags to purge. One note about other posts... i drained the resevoir tank of air pressure, but it did not let the air out of the bags. So i cut the lines to the bags and spliced in dump valves. Be careful that you have room under the RV when you cut those lines...... brings 15,000 pounds of RV down about 4 to 6 inches... you could get crushed.
Yikes that certainly would wake you up or be very painful. Luckily it appears that you are ok.
RVermont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2022, 06:24 AM   #138

Not Big foot system. 2015 Seneca. Thank you for your help
Speedie 37FS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2022, 04:35 PM   #139

In my walk thru of the new Tiffin Super C motorhome I noticed a dash switch labeled for dumping the rear airbags. Anyone have any knowledge of this factory installed system, diagrams, parts, schematics? It was also mentioned in one of the introductory YouTube videos.
cdelder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2022, 05:01 PM   #140

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdelder View Post
In my walk thru of the new Tiffin Super C motorhome I noticed a dash switch labeled for dumping the rear airbags. Anyone have any knowledge of this factory installed system, diagrams, parts, schematics? It was also mentioned in one of the introductory YouTube videos.
For the Tiffin Super C they are ordering the S2 chassis from Freightliner with the factory air dump installed. There are many options available on the S2 chassis but Jayco just doesn’t offer them.

Rustynuts is offline   Reply With Quote