Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 02-19-2018, 11:07 AM   #1

Seneca Roof maintenance

I took my Seneca into the dealer for some warranty repairs. Of course the service manager wants to upsell me on some paid for services like oil changes, rubber roof maintenance and what not. I do my own oil changes so no thanks there. I then informed him that my roof was not rubber and asked him what options he had for MY roof. After he went up, he realized that I was right and that the roof was NOT rubber and was not sure what to offer me to have it "maintained". So as such, I am asking you all, what all do you guys do to maintain your roofs? I cant even confirm what it really is made of.
Old 02-19-2018, 11:24 AM   #2

Should be fiberglass. Just keep it clean and check the caulking and reseal as needed. Better yet cover all the caulk with ETERNABOND.
Old 02-19-2018, 11:30 AM   #3

Grumpy is spot on, the specs say one piece fiberglass TuffShell vacuum-bonded 5" crowned laminated roof, same as sidewalls.
Sundancer330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 04:49 PM   #4

I also have a 2016 FS, I wash the roof with a wash and wax twice a year. I also clean all the seals around all openings by hand with some mr clean scrubbing pads. I did have to seal the strip between the front cap and the coach with clear rubber sealant, all the other seals were pretty solid without cracks. I also keep my unit under metal cover when not in use.
Joe1mc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2018, 05:41 AM   #5

I can also recommend "Eternabond Roofseal" tape over the the caulked seams. You can get black to go over the areas where it would show from the ground, if that is the color of your coach, like ours. This gets the caulking covered by another layer of protection from the Sun.

You do this at your own pace with cleaning the surface with rubbing alcohol, before applying and then inspection of your roof is only a wash down to remove grime and observation if any of the tape is coming loose. This tape really sticks, so that's not much of a problem.
2016 Jayco Seneca 37FS
2016 Chevrolet Traverse
2018 Cheverolet Silverado
rgolding is offline   Reply With Quote