Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 01-06-2018, 11:36 PM   #1

Seneca S2RV Cab Carpet

We just purchased a new 2018 Seneca FS yesterday. Our first Jayco and the first RV we have owned in quite a long time. The dealer had three on their lot so we are scheduled to pick it up next week.

Having looked at many Seneca units online and in person (used, new 2017 hold overs, etc.) I was surprised to find no carpet in the cab area on unit we purchased. The dealer told me that none of the new Seneca's built on the S2RV chassis have cab carpet. It's a mistake in my opinion because, frankly, it makes the cab area ugly. I understand the need for floor mats, but to have the entire cab area with a black rubber floor is just ugly in an otherwise lovely RV. The Renegade Valencia on the same chassis has a carpeted cab.

So, one of my first modifications will be to add cab carpet. I have looked online and carpet kits are readily available for every Freightliner model except, you guessed it, the S2RV.

Any suggestions? Has anyone added cab carpet to a S2RV based Seneca?

Thanks! I have learned a lot reading this forum the last 24 hours!
ralett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2018, 01:03 AM   #2

First welcome. This is a great resource for anything Jayco.

I would think that any m2 106 carpet would work. The s2rv chassis uses m2 components with some modifications. The cab is the same. The differences lie in items related to the power plant, transmission,axles and fuels tanks. Really it is a tuned m2 to meet the specific needs of an rv. If the dealer has any older units I would take measurements of those and compare to your unit, I think you will find they are identical in the cab. Under the hood and under the chassis it is fairly significantly different.

Best of luck and safe travels.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
RVermont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2018, 06:15 AM   #3

Good and bad

I saw this change at the Hershey RV show and was initially encumbered with your same feelings. Now, on the drive home, when I got out through the RV door after putting my shoes on (because it is so nice to drive with your feet in the carpet shoeless), I stepped out into the fuel island at a small truck stop only to feel the slickness of freshly spilt diesel fuel under my feet. Nothing of it, I thought, as I would simply return to the drivers position through the Camper door and remove my shoes once again upon entry. Unbeknownst to me, the fuel nozzle leaked incessantly and the slave pump did not work. How nice it might have been to have just left me shoes on and jumped in the cab to turn the truck around. It was at this moment I saw the wisdom of the rubber floor.

Now, that being said, as I drove down the road with my toes on the soft carpet I realized how much I didn't mind doing the work. Besides, with diesel all over my hands I was certain to wash them prior to touching the wheel.

I think you will enjoy the carpet. I, like RVermont, have looked at these extensively and feel it is unlikely that Freightliner produces different tooling for making the cab of two vehicles so similar. Therefore, it is likely that M2 products will work perfectly. With my adventures at the back woods truck stop in mind, relish in the fact that you will be able to take your carpet out and wash it! Enjoy your new truck!
Old 01-07-2018, 06:58 AM   #4

Good luck and enjoy your new Seneca. Welcome to the club.

My first purchase was driver and passenger rubber floor mats, at Walmart or Sam's I think, for about $20. The carpet does add a level of perceived luxury, however mine would be an absolute mess without the mats. If I step in a puddle of diesel I simply remove the rubber mat and wash it. I am always tracking sand and mud in, I simply shake out the mat. If I want to feel the carpet between my toes, I can move the mat.

The carpet has a visual appeal as well as sound dampening. Add the carpet and buy mats. Enjoy.
Mark S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2018, 05:54 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S View Post
Good luck and enjoy your new Seneca. Welcome to the club.

My first purchase was driver and passenger rubber floor mats, at Walmart or Sam's I think, for about $20. The carpet does add a level of perceived luxury, however mine would be an absolute mess without the mats. If I step in a puddle of diesel I simply remove the rubber mat and wash it. I am always tracking sand and mud in, I simply shake out the mat. If I want to feel the carpet between my toes, I can move the mat.

The carpet has a visual appeal as well as sound dampening. Add the carpet and buy mats. Enjoy.
We got floor mats made for the M2-106 from Raney's Truck parts. They are Minimizer brand. They fit 100% and work great with lots of diesel on them.
07 Toyota FJC & Yamaha Kodiak 400 ATV

SloPoke is offline   Reply With Quote