Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-24-2020, 09:17 AM   #1

Seneca Sanicon Turbo 700 In-op Pump

I knew it would happen eventually...at least I'm at home with plenty of time to fix it before our Sept trip.

Gravity flow thru the sanicon hose seems normal. However, no pump. So I have a bad on/off switch, thermal switch, blown fuse, or bad relay (if there is one). Sticker on the box says "12v DC, 35 Amp breaker required". Does any body know where the Sanicon breaker is on the Seneca (not at the panel on the side of the bed) or the relay (if there is one)?

Appreciate any guidance.

Thanks
Kar Kaddy SS
javamon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2020, 07:03 AM   #2

I recently had a similar issue the unit just stopped working. I looked for the solenoid but was not able to find it. I removed and tested the switch but still nothing. I thought that maybe something had jammed the impeller so I removed the cover and the unit from the housing. I then cleaned the unit and replaced it and for some reason it is now working correctly. I hate when I can not find a cause but at this point I was not going to dig any further. The switch wiring is 12 or 14 gauge but the pump feed wiring appears to be 8 or 10 gauge so there must be a relay/solenoid. Most likely this is located under my cabinets as there are a bunch of controllers and relays mounted there. In your case they are probably under the bed somewhere.

One surprise for me when I pulled the unit open was the screws used inside the unit were not stainless and were heavily corroded as expected. I replaced these with stainless to make any future repairs easier.
RVermont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2020, 07:57 AM   #3

I can’t find the power source. Not on the drawing either. Mine will shut off as well if ran for long period. Must be on a automatic reset breaker cause it will come back on after several minutes.
75462 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2020, 12:11 PM   #4

Well, the quest is over! I now know where everything gets power from. I hope the pictures help others with this model Seneca.
Attached Thumbnails
C7A9B383-49F4-4E82-95E7-3D9EB5FF3911.jpg   B82E2660-A9C6-4F0A-9841-D9297DB5EBB1.jpg  
Old 07-25-2020, 12:15 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by 75462 View Post
Well, the quest is over! I now know where everything gets power from. I hope the pictures help others with this model Seneca.
What model and is that under the bed or in some other location?
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk TOAD
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2020, 12:18 PM   #6

2020. Yes, under bed.
Old 07-25-2020, 03:22 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVermont View Post
I recently had a similar issue the unit just stopped working. I looked for the solenoid but was not able to find it. I removed and tested the switch but still nothing. I thought that maybe something had jammed the impeller so I removed the cover and the unit from the housing. I then cleaned the unit and replaced it and for some reason it is now working correctly. I hate when I can not find a cause but at this point I was not going to dig any further. The switch wiring is 12 or 14 gauge but the pump feed wiring appears to be 8 or 10 gauge so there must be a relay/solenoid. Most likely this is located under my cabinets as there are a bunch of controllers and relays mounted there. In your case they are probably under the bed somewhere.

One surprise for me when I pulled the unit open was the screws used inside the unit were not stainless and were heavily corroded as expected. I replaced these with stainless to make any future repairs easier.
I started this morning at 0700, so I just saw this. Not sure how yours is situated, by mine was installed with the access panel on the bottom so I had to take the whole thing out...frame and all. What a huge PITA. Typical Jayco attached the cage with lag bolts and the nuts underneath were completely rusted. Also, the Torx screws that held the pump case to the cage were some weird custom size. Not T15 or T20, but like T17. There is no T17...so added another hour. Once I got it out I back flushed it and I think one of the grandkids either threw something like cardboard down there or someone used butt wipes. We keep telling them but everybody will get another stern reminder. This took 4 hours in 94 degree Florida heat ... PawPaw was pissed!

I reinstalled it (temporarily) and it worked but the motor was laboring somewhat. So I let it sit and tried again and it seems to be getting better. I'm going to take it out again in the morning and back-flush some more, clean rust off the cage, and make the installation better.

I did find the relay and the 30 amp auto-resetting fuse under the bed. The relay is a HELLA 933332011 12V 20/40A SPDT, 5 blade, and is the same as the other two relays mounted next to it. The auto-resetting breaker is mounted next to the relays. I'll post a picture when I get done.

Attached is a JAYCO wiring diagram I found on another site. My relay/breaker match the wiring diagram.

I'll post another update when I finish. Hope I don't have to buy another unit.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf macerator relay wiring.pdf (173.4 KB, 40 views)
Kar Kaddy SS
Old 07-25-2020, 03:29 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by 75462 View Post
I can’t find the power source. Not on the drawing either. Mine will shut off as well if ran for long period. Must be on a automatic reset breaker cause it will come back on after several minutes.
There is a thermal switch that shuts-off in 20 minutes. If you start it again immediately after the re-set, it shuts off in 8 minutes.
Kar Kaddy SS
Old 07-26-2020, 12:37 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by javamon View Post
There is a thermal switch that shuts-off in 20 minutes. If you start it again immediately after the re-set, it shuts off in 8 minutes.
Thank you, that is good to know.
Old 07-26-2020, 12:59 PM   #10

Did Jayco put the labels on everything ? And did Jayco have all of the wires looking that neat ?
Florida Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2020, 01:15 PM   #11

I wish they had! I've spent a lot of time during Covid going over every inch of this coach.