Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 12-27-2021, 04:48 PM   #1

Seneca Storage Bin Supports

Hey Everyone - I recently purchased a 2008 Jayco Seneca 36MS. I'm still trying to figure everything out. I find that most of the exterior storage bins have a small cable attached to the support strut to prevent the bin from opening too far and possibly contacting the extended slide. However, some of the struts are missing the cables. Does anyone know what these cables are formally called and how you go about buying them? Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.
bobgwash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2021, 09:36 PM   #2

Not sure where a guy would buy them, a Jayco dealer may still be able the get them. You may be able to make them yourself .
Newk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2021, 11:35 PM   #3

I haven’t seen what you are looking for but guessing it’s a cable with a loop on the ends? We had a Winnebago that had these and a couple broke so I made up new ones with a cable crimped off Amazon. I also think you could make them up cheaper than buying them even with the cost of tools and materials.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B075V11GVQ...QSTS233BARQB6A

Rustynuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2021, 07:20 PM   #4

I took all of them off. NO more hitting my head. On the full slide just open slow and things are O.K. bobgwash, CHECK THE EXH. PIPE WHERE IT GO'S OVER THE DRIVESHAFT. When my son and I was driving our new to us 2008 HD 36ms back from Phoenix, AZ. the pipe broke, went into REGENT and burnt thru the compartment floor, burnt wiring, jack controls, slide controls Ect., SO PLEASE CHECK.
Old 12-31-2021, 07:39 PM   #5

Just a note of caution. Those cables keep the slide from catching the door when it comes in. My SO started bringing in our slide before I was done putting things away and caught the door as it was extended without the cable. It was an ugly ending.
1averageguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2022, 05:09 PM   #6

Exhaust crack

Quote:
Originally Posted by SANTARA View Post
I took all of them off. NO more hitting my head. On the full slide just open slow and things are O.K. bobgwash, CHECK THE EXH. PIPE WHERE IT GO'S OVER THE DRIVESHAFT. When my son and I was driving our new to us 2008 HD 36ms back from Phoenix, AZ. the pipe broke, went into REGENT and burnt thru the compartment floor, burnt wiring, jack controls, slide controls Ect., SO PLEASE CHECK.

Yes, I had this happen to me a few months ago while on vacation in Arizona, thankfully it didn't damage anything.

I did an improvised tail pipe hangar from an old wire coat hangar and took it straight to a muffler shop. They were great and got me in the same day with a quick weld in elbow replacement piece and a new hangar. I think the bill was only $200-300.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_0732 cracked exhaust.jpg  
Sony STR-DH590 for surround sound
LED headlights
KilMat on the cab floor & AutoDrive Center Console
JoeyNick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2022, 05:19 PM   #7

Seneca Storage Bin Supports

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobgwash View Post
Hey Everyone - I recently purchased a 2008 Jayco Seneca 36MS. I'm still trying to figure everything out. I find that most of the exterior storage bins have a small cable attached to the support strut to prevent the bin from opening too far and possibly contacting the extended slide. However, some of the struts are missing the cables. Does anyone know what these cables are formally called and how you go about buying them? Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.
There aren't any cables unless the storage door is underneath a slide.

But, if you need to replace them, you can easily make them yourself. Most hardware stores sell the same cable and will cut it to length for you. (Some places call it "wire rope".) Then you get the appropriate size ferrule (clip / clamp) to make the loop whatever length you need, and crimp it with a set of pliers. It's very easy.

The doors not opening all the way can be a pain sometimes. For me, the wet bay is the biggest peeve. For that compartment, I removed the clip holding the bottom part of the door shock / strut. Now, I can easily pop the strut off and them pop the cable off, so the door opens as far as I need it. Then I replace it all when I'm done, minus the retaining clip.
Sony STR-DH590 for surround sound
LED headlights
KilMat on the cab floor & AutoDrive Center Console
JoeyNick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2022, 02:40 PM   #8

How did you attach them to the coach/doors Rustynets?

Thanks,
Bob
bobbyg45 is offline   Reply With Quote