Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-21-2019, 01:21 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by kickingaz View Post
I was unaware of this, and I also have not changed the mode when driving my 2019 Seneca
37TS. Is this a mod that Cummins makes, or is it from an aftermarket programmer? I noticed you have a 2016,
is it available for the 2019s?
Quote:
Originally Posted by crashmonkey85 View Post
I also learned to drive with the mode button selected at all times on 2019. It's a
turd otherwise. Don't really understand the logic of the default mode. I would also be interested in learning
more about the performance upgrade.

Quote:
Originally Posted by loki805 View Post
I also always drive in mode. Am also interested in a performance upgrade. Anyone done on a 2018.5 or newer?

The performance upgrades for the Cummins and Transmission mentioned in this thread are for the earlier Freightliner Senecas up to 2018 on the M2 Chassis. If you have a 2018.5 or newer on the S2RV Chassis you already have the Cummins upgraded to the 360hp and the Allison 3000 (vs the 2500) which already has the performance programming available in the push button control via the "Mode" button.

With that being said, I have read before that on the 2018.5 or newer with the Allison 3000 Transmission that there is even a better "Performance" program that eliminates the standard (Slug) program. So your standard becomes the current performance mode and your "Mode" becomes an even more impressive Performance mode. I have only seen this mentioned once on the internet with no information for reference and I just havent had the time to check into it to see if it is actually exists.

Rustynuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2019, 04:04 PM   #22

Mode Button

X3 on leaving in "performance" mode all the time. When leaving push the button. I hated the original programing of the mode as you would be on an interstate on ramp and unless you had WOT the transmission would upshift and you would lug along. I have a tow, right now a little mini and I do not see much mileage difference in either mode, towing or not towing. I run fairly hard {why I bought a FRED) at around 70 on interstate on the flats, and what safely can be run in mountains. Been through mostly CA, NV, WY, CO, NE and SD. Run around 8.5 to 9 mpg. I can see maybe running the Mode button in normal on flat level [wherever that is] but like the earlier shift and higher torque curve of "sport" mode.

Good question keep posting.
Gunfighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2022, 04:05 PM   #23

I know this is an older thread but I'll ask anyway.

Is there an indicator on the dash to tell you what "mode" your in? Mine does not seam to do anything when pressing the mode button??
khudgi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2022, 04:20 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by khudgi View Post
I know this is an older thread but I'll ask anyway.

Is there an indicator on the dash to tell you what "mode" your in? Mine does not seam to do anything when pressing the mode button??
When you start the engine and the transmission panel is lit up, you are by default in Eco mode. Pressing the mode button once should light up “mode” on the panel, then you are in the Performance mode.

Here are some Allison videos that show this and much more. In the Mode button video, it shows it saying “perf” when the mode button is pushed, on our transmission panel, it just lights up “mode”

https://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f...eos-89787.html

Rustynuts is offline   Reply With Quote