Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-25-2022, 04:01 PM   #1

Seneca water pump access

Hi All,

I've seen a few threads about replacing a water pump on Senecas and it sounds like a totally fun experience. I haven't paid too much attention until recently and today I looked to see how I would replace the pump when it retires. The pump is located high behind the control panel and it appears that I will have to remove the panel for access. With all of the rigid tubing in the way it looks like a nightmare. For those who have already endured this issue I'm looking for suggestions. My Seneca is a 2018.5.

Thank you
Ed
EdwardOrmsbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2022, 04:20 PM   #2

I ended up removing the panel and relocated the water filter and pump. In my unit both the pump and filter were located behind the panel on the left side. On the right side I only had the paper towel dispenser which I did not really use. So I removed that and cut the panel below the opening. This allowed me to mount the filter in the gap. I then mounted the pump on the right hand side wall. Both are now easily removed and changed. I'll send a picture when I get to the unit.

To remove the panel to gain access you take the valves off and then there are a couple screws on each valve that have to be removed. You then have to undo the shower fitting from behind the panel and the fittings for the water supply and black water supply. Once those are removed you can contort the panel out, there are two screws on each side of the panel attaching it to the side walls. A little bit of a pain and time consuming but really not that difficult. There are some orings in the fittings so be careful not to loose as they are not readily available locally.
RVermont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2022, 04:27 PM   #3

Smile

This is great, thanks. I'm looking forward to the photo too.
Old 03-25-2022, 04:53 PM   #4

Here are the photos. A little dark but you should be able to get the idea. Hope they don’t rotate.

The pump is behind the black pressure tank. If you wanted to clean it up you could always instal a panel to cover the area but this works fine for me.
Attached Thumbnails
90B4EE4A-72CE-4267-9879-CCEA17612B3D.jpg   389EFD34-1D58-45BC-84A2-493A8045356B.jpg   FD4B5719-18CA-471A-A328-030E9D0CD98F.jpg  
Old 03-25-2022, 09:23 PM   #5

This is very helpful. Did you replace any of the tubing with flexible tubing? It looks like there is at least one piece of flexible. Thank you
Old 03-25-2022, 09:47 PM   #6

The pressure tank came with two flex hoses and they came in handy when mounting everything. I used pex for the feed to the pump and then the flex tubing from the pump to the tank and again from the tank to the original pex lines.

Behind the filter there are two shut off valves that I can close and isolate the truma water heater. This allows me to shut the water supply to and from the heater off. Once shut off I can open the yellow drain arm and drain the unit. This is handy when traveling in real cold temperatures. I just shut it off and drain everything without having to winterize the whole rv.