Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 02-08-2021, 01:06 PM   #1

Seneca - Water Regulator Setpoint

Greetings,

Upgraded my fixed setpoint water regulator to an adjustable one that is going to live onboard.

Out of the box it’s set to 45psi.

Interested in hearing what water pressure others run in their rigs (those that have adjustable regulators anyway).

Thanks!
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9995.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	211.8 KB
ID:	67862
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9994.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	267.1 KB
ID:	67863
JimL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2021, 01:56 PM   #2

When I removed my macerator and redid my wet bay, I added an electric hose reel and at the same time, plumbed a regulator in-line behind the panel right before the water filter. I also have mine set at 45psi as that is what our Truma water heater seems to like best.

I have a question about your second pic....is that a flush line plumbed in to the last section of the drain line? I can also see a small electronic panel, is that a tank flush selector? The seem to make slight changes every year, what year is yours?
Attached Thumbnails
C0FA1EC5-39DA-4780-9B4B-FD29BC764928.jpg   7169057B-A46C-4022-ACF5-3D7089300059.jpg  

Rustynuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2021, 02:41 PM   #3

Seneca - Water Regulator Setpoint

Thanks for the info, I’m having no issues (yet) with 45psi so will likely just leave it set there unless someone suggests a compelling reason to increase it!

Yes - I’ve modified my waste system, I’m keeping my macerator (in the event I ever want to use it when boondocking) however, I had a Drainmaster system installed - single best mod to my rig so far IMO.

- replaces the black and gray manual dump valves with electric ones.
- I had the sewer line plumbed down through the bottom of the wet bay, where it turns into a sewer line storage compartment that was added - my sewer line stays connected and stows back into this locking compartment.
- the new sewer line drainmaster built is far superior to anything on the market (I had them build me a new macerator line as well).
- wet bay has switches for the dump valves, and I ran an auxiliary set up into the head - you can literally dump while your, uh, dumping :-)

Since I’m a fill the tanks then dump proponent (even though I live FT in a park connected to sewer) this setup is incredibly handy to have.

The small black line you see is a vent line - runs up to a back check valve behind the wet bay panel.

Checkout www.drainmaster.com great family business with great products - I highly recommend them.

Let me know if you would like additional photos of my install.

Cheers!
JimL is offline   Reply With Quote