Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-30-2023, 04:07 PM   #1

Shower faucet leak

Well, can't seem to catch a break. We are on a trip and parked on pavement for a change. Noticed water puddled up on both sides of the driver rear wheel well. Could see it was dripping at a good rate. Took out the screws for the wheel well panel and pulled it up as I thought maybe a pipe above there broke from the cold weather. Once I had that tore apart, I could see that the water was dripping from above the floor. Matched the pipe up to the shower location.

We had not run the shower yet so I knew it was not from the drain. Thought maybe I could get to the leak from the bathroom cabinet, but it has a false floor in it and I did not want to tear it up. Pulled the shower faucet out from the wall and sure enough, the water line was not tight enough and had been dripping down the wall. Next morning I woke up to see that the lower part of the cabinets had swelled up. I am guessing the flooring may have damage underneath as well.

I should have checked these attachments a long time ago when I found the kitchen and bath faucets were not very tight. Looks like another trip to a dealer someplace. Our slide is also ripping up the flooring again...

Anyway, this is on a 2022 37M. I would suggest checking all plumbing junctions that screw together... Besides all the other loose attachements, my supply line to the washer/dryer was pinched completely shut and the vent hose for the exhaust was not attached to the wall.
2021 Jeep Grand Cherokee L
Jeepin Jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2023, 09:20 AM   #2

The quality of these rigs is horrible. I still have not had any return calls from Freightlner or Jayco about all this issues I am having. Today I noticed all the wood around the fridge was swelled up. Not sure where this was coming from as the ice maker line is shut off. Front cap/wall is also separating now.
Wish I had my 07 Kodiak Chassis back.