Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 10-27-2019, 03:36 PM   #1

side cameras on a Seneca

Recently changed my radio out for a different one. The 2017 Seneca came with a Pioneer avh-4200nex I found a new one one line and order it hopping it would be the same so I could plug and play. When I opened the box I saw a yellow peice of paper telling me I was upgraded to a newer model. avh-4500nex and it wasn't plug and play. Have everything working except my right camera, left works as it should. Can any of you tell me where to start looking?

Thanks
2017 rb
whporwil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2019, 04:45 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by whporwil View Post
Recently changed my radio out for a different one. The 2017 Seneca came with a Pioneer avh-4200nex I found a new one one line and order it hopping it would be the same so I could plug and play. When I opened the box I saw a yellow peice of paper telling me I was upgraded to a newer model. avh-4500nex and it wasn't plug and play. Have everything working except my right camera, left works as it should. Can any of you tell me where to start looking?

Thanks
2017 rb
I have a 2014 FS with a Clarion head unit. On mine all three cameras to a Voyager brand camera switcher and then it outputs thru one cable to the head unit. If yours also goes thru a three camera switcher before the radio I would look to see if you might have accidentally dislodged the right side camera connector going into the Voyager box. If your three cameras connect directly into the new head unit I would check the wire and connector for the right camera trigger signal.
James AO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2019, 07:11 PM   #3

To further expand on what James said here is a diagram of what we have on our 2014 units. Perhaps it can help illustrate what to check.
Attached Thumbnails
Voyager camera switching module.jpg  
Toads: 2019 Ford Edge ST or 2013 Ford Focus ST
Robbbyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2019, 07:24 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbbyr View Post
To further expand on what James said here is a diagram of what we have on our 2014 units. Perhaps it can help illustrate what to check.
Same as in our 2018.5, was just in the dash doing camera work. Should only be one yellow video I put on the radio to plug the splitter box from Voyager into.

Rustynuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2019, 07:30 PM   #5

Quote:
Can you or anyone explain in the voyager diagram in the lower right quadrant there is a wire marked MONITOR TRIGGER and a note about being heat shrinked. Does anyone know what this wire does and is it used when you have a voyager/ clarion combination? Thanks!
Old 10-27-2019, 07:45 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by James AO View Post
Can you or anyone explain in the voyager diagram in the lower right quadrant there is a wire marked MONITOR TRIGGER and a note about being heat shrinked. Does anyone know what this wire does and is it used when you have a voyager/ clarion combination? Thanks!
On my original Clarion NX501 it connected to the "Reverse Gear Cord" wire which was purple with a white stripe. It is the connection that tells the Clarion to "switch" to the screen and display an image. The Voyager module receives input from either the reverse signal or one of the turn signals to switch to the appropriate camera and then it sends the signal to switch to the head unit.

On my unit the Voyager module defaults to the rear camera (camera 1) in the absence of a trigger from the turn signals or reverse gear. Because of that you can select the rear camera in the Clarion menu to watch the rear camera anytime.
Toads: 2019 Ford Edge ST or 2013 Ford Focus ST
Robbbyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2019, 08:08 PM   #7

This thread underscores the differences in how the various head units are wired to support the cameras... our 2015 uses the Jensen JRV215n and it has three inputs for each of the cameras on the head unit. The Left/Right/reverse lights are wired to the head unit to trigger the respective camera display.. but they are all connected to the head unit and we can select/program each camera separately on the head unit too...
07 Toyota FJC & Yamaha Kodiak 400 ATV

SloPoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2019, 08:26 PM   #8

Quote:
On my original Clarion NX501 it connected to the "Reverse Gear Cord" wire which was purple with a white stripe. It is the connection that tells the Clarion to "switch" to the screen and display an image. The Voyager module receives input from either the reverse signal or one of the turn signals to switch to the appropriate camera and then it sends the signal to switch to the head unit.

On my unit the Voyager module defaults to the rear camera (camera 1) in the absence of a trigger from the turn signals or reverse gear. Because of that you can select the rear camera in the Clarion menu to watch the rear camera anytime.
Thank you Robert for the clarification. I get it now. I tore my dash apart yesterday to replace my Voyager unit with my RVS 3 camera multiplexer and discovered RVS sent the wrong Voyager camera to RVS multiplexer adapter cables. Nothing like pulling the dash apart for nothing. But I did replace my speakers while I had it opened. 😀
Old 10-28-2019, 09:06 AM   #9

Thanks everyone, Thanks Robbyr for the diagram. I see the yellow and white wire that go to my radio I'll trace that back to see if the three input wires are connected. Thanks again.
whporwil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2021, 04:32 PM   #10

Send a message via AIM to egmhe36 Send a message via Yahoo to egmhe36
I have a 2017 37ts, the rear camera stopped working after I turned off the Main Power. After turning the power back on it appears all previous settings were lost. I was able to
reset the reverse view for the turn signal cameras ok and the rear parking guide lines but still no rear camera view in reverse or rear camera view when in drive. Any suggestions??
egmhe36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2021, 03:23 PM   #11

Send a message via AIM to egmhe36 Send a message via Yahoo to egmhe36
Has anyone replaced their rear camera with a dedicated wireless system?
egmhe36 is offline   Reply With Quote