Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 10-01-2021, 09:34 AM   #1

Slide track access 37 TS kitchen

The kitchen slide on my 2018 (M2) TS has two metal roller bearings that came loose and are in either side of the center track. Looking behind the rubber flap, I can see they attach in front of the nylon rollers several inches in. The problem is I cannot get access to the area to reattach them.

Anyone know how I can access the area and what brand slide mechanism this is?

Thanks, Mark
Attached Thumbnails
93B6D314-4B94-403F-A9E5-43971FAFDDE0.jpg   27A72715-F3D4-44E6-8C53-213871AC97C8.jpg  
Mark S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2021, 01:57 PM   #2

It is Lippert power gear above the floor system. To replace I had to remove the carpeted skirt under the jack knife sofa and under the kitchen cabinets. This skirt is held on by screws running through the face of the skirt into the plywood under the sofa and cabinets. Once this is removed you can get to the rack to work on getting them replaced. The spinning bolt has a Allen wrench fitting in it so once it is put back in place you can tighten it down. I had to modify a wrench to get it to fit in there as the rail make is difficult to hold. I will see if I can locate the one I made and post a photo of what I had to do. I also had to loosen the main housing so I could open the gap enough to fit the broiler bolt into the bracket. The hardest unit to repair is the one next to the door. The other two brackets are easier as they are assemble either under the sink cabinet or under the four drawer kitchen cabinet. You have to remove this skirt from this area as well. Be prepared to have your arms scraped up as this space is only three inches or so high. Also you have to do much of the work unseen due to the angle and clearances.

I will try to grab some photos and post them this evening. Hopefully you did not loose any. When I had mine fail I lost two out the slide rail and had three others loose or falling out.
RVermont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2021, 02:20 PM   #3

Here are some photos to help explain my less then good description.
The Allen wrench is 3/16.

In the picture of the unit you will note I circled in yellow the two bolts I loosened so I could get the roller bolt back into the unit. I loosened these up and used a small prybar to open the gap enough then I retightened the nuts. Above and to right there is a black mark where i put the modified Allen wrench. This design provided leverage to hold the roller wheel in place while I put the nut and tighten it down.
Attached Thumbnails
91341BD3-4E9A-422B-AE69-8F7B8EEA260E.jpg   19FE8520-4AD6-4196-A9EB-A5892223C87E.jpg   77E8B9E5-2157-4EE9-A618-C64296C21941.jpg   BF254238-C98E-4590-AB95-57416A9F7BBE.jpg  
Old 10-01-2021, 05:36 PM   #4

This is a great help. Thank you. We have four more stops and will be home in 3 weeks. I will wait to attack this issue at home.
Thanks again.
Old 10-02-2021, 08:59 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S View Post
The kitchen slide on my 2018 (M2) TS has two metal roller bearings that came loose and are in either side of the center track. Looking behind the rubber flap, I can see they attach in front of the nylon rollers several inches in. The problem is I cannot get access to the area to reattach them.

Anyone know how I can access the area and what brand slide mechanism this is?

Thanks, Mark

Sorry to hear about your issues during this trip. First your A/C, now this. What led you to discover the loose bearings? Was it unusual noise or did the slide hang-up?
Kar Kaddy SS
javamon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2021, 12:25 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by javamon View Post
Sorry to hear about your issues during this trip. First your A/C, now this. What led you to discover the loose bearings? Was it unusual noise or did the slide hang-up?
I was sitting outside and just happened to look up and saw a bolt sticking out of the end of the track. The slide is operating normally, no unusual noise or movements. I am hoping I can repair this myself.

The AC, I expected that after four years and reading other posts here. Luckily a shop near the house can get the AC replacement and I already have an appointment to have it done.

We still had a great trip and these issues happen.
Fortunately neither of these issues is a trip breaker. I know others have not been so fortunate, so I will not complain.

How was your trip?
Old 10-03-2021, 09:16 AM   #7

Quote:
I was sitting outside and just happened to look up and saw a bolt sticking out of the end of the track. The slide is operating normally, no unusual noise or movements. I am hoping I can repair this myself.

The AC, I expected that after four years and reading other posts here. Luckily a shop near the house can get the AC replacement and I already have an appointment to have it done.

We still had a great trip and these issues happen.
Fortunately neither of these issues is a trip breaker. I know others have not been so fortunate, so I will not complain.

How was your trip?

After reading yours and RVermonts posts several times, I realized the FS model has a different PowerGear mechanism. The FS has two rails that are underneath the floor and no center rail

Have been here at Lake Powell for a week and will be starting the journey home on Thurs.
Kar Kaddy SS
javamon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2021, 10:18 AM   #8

The ts ( triple slide) is blessed with three completely different slide mechanisms. Each are completely different so we can experience the joy of various systems. The main living room slide is a flush floor system with the two main arms pushing the unit in and out. We also have the much loved swintek system as well the over floor system.
Old 10-03-2021, 07:12 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVermont View Post
The ts ( triple slide) is blessed with three completely different slide mechanisms. Each are completely different so we can experience the joy of various systems. The main living room slide is a flush floor system with the two main arms pushing the unit in and out. We also have the much loved swintek system as well the over floor system.
Fortunately for me, my 2014 TS has 3 reliable Power Gear rail-type slideout mechanisms. Periodic maintenance performed and so far, so good!
Toads: 2019 Ford Edge ST or 2013 Ford Focus ST
Robbbyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2021, 06:42 AM   #10

After spending way too much time trying to replace these rollers I said “uncle” and had the shop replacing my AC do the job.
Attached Thumbnails
30544FE6-336B-4EFF-A422-73113DBBC969.jpg   E44FE23B-645B-4464-99FB-5274B2898035.jpg  
Old 11-08-2021, 11:58 AM   #11

Kind of stealing this thread for a different problem with the same slide out system. My 2017 37TS kitchen slide is cockeyed vertically. The picture frame is almost touching the rail on the rear end but is 1/2" above the rail at the front. Looking at the slide mechanism, I cannot see anyway to do vertical adjustment. The lippert(power gear) website showing installation of Above floor slide out system does not even resemble what you are showing or what I have. Any help would be appreciated
2010 Toyota Tundra toad
Oma/opa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2021, 12:36 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oma/opa View Post
Kind of stealing this thread for a different problem with the same slide out system. My 2017 37TS kitchen slide is cockeyed vertically. The picture frame is almost touching the rail on the rear end but is 1/2" above the rail at the front. Looking at the slide mechanism, I cannot see anyway to do vertical adjustment. The lippert(power gear) website showing installation of Above floor slide out system does not even resemble what you are showing or what I have. Any help would be appreciated
Lippert sent me the attached manual, which I did not find helpful at all for my issue. I did not see any vertical adjustment. The mechanism/track is bolted directly to the floor.

https://support.lci1.com/above-floor...anual-82-s0140
Old 11-08-2021, 12:45 PM   #13

Quote:
After spending way too much time trying to replace these rollers I said “uncle” and had the shop replacing my AC do the job.
I ended up double jam nutting mine and put access holes through the floor to access. I also made the same 3/16 wrench.
Attached Thumbnails
F2A41BA1-0754-4B20-9175-3D15C9BB7053.jpg   2D0FEC49-4FEB-4350-87A4-13BED75056F7.jpg   6094EC27-EDE4-4A3F-896C-5E07FA1247B8.jpg  
Old 11-11-2021, 02:56 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oma/opa View Post
Photos of what you have might help. Are you saying the unit is not level? The kitchen is basically a box that sits on the three slide out mechanism. As long as the unit is not missing glide wheel or there is a flooring issue there really is no way to change the level without installing spacers under the low mechanisms. I would inspect the units to see if the picture rail is installed correctly and evenly also verify that all the wheels are there. If you are missing wheels the unit can move fairly significantly. The drawing in the manual are pretty poor and since they only show two mechanisms it is kind of confusing.
Old 01-04-2022, 01:31 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVermont View Post
Here are some photos to help explain my less then good description.
The Allen wrench is 3/16.

In the picture of the unit you will note I circled in yellow the two bolts I loosened so I could get the roller bolt back into the unit. I loosened these up and used a small prybar to open the gap enough then I retightened the nuts. Above and to right there is a black mark where i put the modified Allen wrench. This design provided leverage to hold the roller wheel in place while I put the nut and tighten it down.
I had the same issue with my Alante 26x. 2 of the CAM Followers (bearings with threads) feel out and all 8 bearings (four per track- 2 in front and 2 in rear). My mechanic said those eight nuts had come loose, along with the white hard plastic bushings. Jayco claims the slide has to be pulled, but it does not.
Mkieber is offline   Reply With Quote