Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 01-09-2021, 07:25 PM   #1

Slow fueling 2019 Seneca

I have a very hard time fueling my Seneca. I have to put the pump on the very slowest position and that is still usually too fast. It seems like the fuel vent is clogged. I called Jayco and they sent me to Freightliner and they said the entire tank would need to be removed. Anyone have a solution to this??
Thanks
JAMTB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2021, 07:49 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMTB View Post
I have a very hard time fueling my Seneca. I have to put the pump on the very slowest position and that is still usually too fast. It seems like the fuel vent is clogged. I called Jayco and they sent me to Freightliner and they said the entire tank would need to be removed. Anyone have a solution to this??
Thanks
My 2018.5 RB was the same way, what I found was the hose that connects the filler nozzle to the tank was kinked and I would bet money that yours is too. They use a straight piece of hose to connect 2 tubes at about a 12 degree angle. There was also a drain line that was partially causing this, but after trimming out some of the plastic under the hose, it relieved the drain line pressure. You could take it the Freightliner but this issue is a Jayco issue as they built the coach and made the connection. Here is a good thread with pics of mine.

https://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f...tml#post720399

https://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f...ate-52271.html

Rustynuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2021, 12:19 AM   #3

Hello Everyone - Just became a member of this Jayco community.
Wife and I have a 2017 Jayco Greyhawk 30X licensed end of April 2018. We love the RV and have no issues other than 2 recalls on the hydraulic leveling pump mount. We also experienced issues of slow rate fueling and the way that I solved the problem is that I pull into the pumps, the activate the hydraulic leveling system and use it to raise the driver's side prior to fueling. Problem solved. Fueling goes full bore and then I raise the jack's while the wife pays. Give it a try.
grmacdonald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2021, 01:00 AM   #4
Site Team

Welcome to the Forum from Western New York State!

2012 Jay Flight 19RD
2016 Ford F150 XLT 2X4 SC 3.5L Eco Max Tow
2010 Tundra TRD DBL Cab (Traded)
2 new fluffy Corgis, Bayley and Stanley
JFlightRisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2021, 06:59 PM   #5

I just picked up our 2018 HJ in chilly Florida. How did you get access to the tank filler hoses? what did you have to remove and how did you get access? From the bottom, under the bed???? I'm amazed at your craftmanship, you obviously are a millwright or car/vehicle fabricator, or both! Also, any tips on this crappy Equalizer leveling system? The "autolevel" button doesn't work, and when I push the buttons manually, it sounds like the pump is screaming but the jacks don't move??? Thanks in advance for your help.
dneeld52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2021, 08:37 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by dneeld52 View Post
I just picked up our 2018 HJ in chilly Florida. How did you get access to the tank filler hoses? what did you have to remove and how did you get access? From the bottom, under the bed???? I'm amazed at your craftmanship, you obviously are a millwright or car/vehicle fabricator, or both! Also, any tips on this crappy Equalizer leveling system? The "autolevel" button doesn't work, and when I push the buttons manually, it sounds like the pump is screaming but the jacks don't move??? Thanks in advance for your help.
The filler tube and hose is accessible from the wet bay, pretty much from the filler tube straight towards the center of the coach. I actually had the white water valve panel out doing other work and I also had the macerator out which made the fuel fill hose pretty easy to access. Our Equalizer system works great, never had any problems. When you say auto level doesn’t work, does it work at all or just doesn’t get you completely level. If it works but not completely level, you can reset the Null which means you manually level it and do a process with the buttons on the panel to reset level. On manually running the system, each button has an up and a down, and you have to make sure you are pressing the lower half of the buttons to go down and the upper half to move up. The buttons are in a Diamond pattern and it always runs 2 jack cylinders at once o keep you from twisting the coach up. So pushing the top button up or down runs the front 2 jacks and the left button runs the left 2 cylinders and so on.

I’m a retired cabinetmaker of 40 years but metal fabrication and wrenching on things with motors are what I enjoy.
Attached Thumbnails
ECF3DF40-69CF-4AF8-983E-EAB73BCD13E2.jpg  

Rustynuts is offline   Reply With Quote