Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-12-2018, 05:41 PM   #1

Snap Pads on my Seneca

Greetings from my temporary beautiful, cool home in Breckenridge Colorado where we have about a week before heading back to sunny, hot and humid, Florida. Yea 😓.

After reading about and then seeing Snap Pads on a neighbor’s RV, I purchased a set for my Seneca. I installed them this morning, all of which took about 15 minutes. I had DW sitting at the Equalizer power panel and using walkie talkies had her lower the legs as I positioned them. Could not have been easier.

They permanently snap on to the landing foot and add just over an inch in height and increase the ground contact. They are made from recycled auto tires and feel very robust.

The first benefit I see is the RV feels more stable. If I walk heavy footed I can hear my glass shower doors ratttle if not latched. After the install they no longer rattle. They seem like they will stay on and will eliminate the need for the first layer of 2xs. Time will tell and I will update as we travel.
Attached Thumbnails
E187FC18-A555-4B95-ADB0-AE02C1B562C5.jpg   D710F1CE-C4AD-4219-BF5A-DD9543935926.jpg  
Mark S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2018, 05:55 PM   #2

Very nice Mark! I have my Bigfoot pads but sometimes wish for something more. And something I wouldn't have deploy if I'm just overnighting in a fairly level spot.

You wouldn't happen to be at Tiger Run Resort would you? Stayed there in 2016 and loved it!
Toads: 2019 Ford Edge ST or 2013 Ford Focus ST
Robbbyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2018, 03:48 AM   #3

Horse Stable Mats

At the time I checked, they did not have those for the Seneca. I cut squares of horse stall matts and used bolts to hold them to the feet in pre-existing holes. Similar observations...a much more stable feel. (No pun intended.)
tjbroussard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2018, 04:07 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjbroussard View Post
At the time I checked, they did not have those for the Seneca. I cut squares of horse stall matts and used bolts to hold them to the feet in pre-existing holes. Similar observations...a much more stable feel. (No pun intended.)
I submitted my rig's info online and they responded that they do not have a Snap Pad for the Bigfoot levelers. I will just have to keep using my Bigfoot (not the same companies) poly pads under my levelers. Oh well!
Old 09-13-2018, 06:52 AM   #5

Same here so I made these from scrap stall pads.Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0496.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	108.4 KB
ID:	44090
Old 09-13-2018, 08:05 AM   #6

Quote:
Same here so I made these from scrap stall pads.Attachment 44090
I just might try that, thanks!
Old 09-13-2018, 10:01 AM   #7
MD3

Mark S - do you remember which ones you ordered ?
My landing gear appears to be the same as yours.

Do they feel pretty solidly locked into place ?
They are price enough I wonder what the concern is with them falling off going offroad or very rough roads.

_
2005 LJ Rubicon - Sahara #90
2019 Can Am X3 XRS Max
2009 ATC enclosed trailer
MD3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2018, 04:13 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbbyr View Post
Very nice Mark! I have my Bigfoot pads but sometimes wish for something more. And something I wouldn't have deploy if I'm just overnighting in a fairly level spot.

You wouldn't happen to be at Tiger Run Resort would you? Stayed there in 2016 and loved it!
Yes Rob, at Tiger Run. Right across from the clubhouse. I believe you and I might have been here at the same time in 2016. We spent the month of August here then. But you would not have recognized me then as I was in my toy hauler, not my Seneca.
Old 09-13-2018, 04:21 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by MD3 View Post
Mark S - do you remember which ones you ordered ?
My landing gear appears to be the same as yours.

Do they feel pretty solidly locked into place ?
They are price enough I wonder what the concern is with them falling off going offroad or very rough roads.

_
I ordered the 10” octagon/Premier. When you order they have you input the RV and system info to make sure you are ordering correctly. And if you call you can speak to the owner, Gordon, who was very helpful.

When installing it seems to take a lot of pressure to snap them in, leading me to believe they will stay put. I read all the reviews and I don’t recall anyone complaining of them falling off. Trust me, if they fall off you all will know it it. Lol.
Old 09-13-2018, 06:21 PM   #10
MD3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S View Post
I ordered the 10” octagon/Premier. When you order they have you input the RV and system info to make sure you are ordering correctly. And if you call you can speak to the owner, Gordon, who was very helpful.

When installing it seems to take a lot of pressure to snap them in, leading me to believe they will stay put. I read all the reviews and I don’t recall anyone complaining of them falling off. Trust me, if they fall off you all will know it it. Lol.
Thank you for the info !
I'm really interested in these. I don't see the 10 "Octagon/premier listed for Equalizer so I will have to call them.
Online under SnapPad EQ (for Equalizer) they have 10" round and the octagon but not a 10" octagon.... also no premier listed.

_
2005 LJ Rubicon - Sahara #90
2019 Can Am X3 XRS Max
2009 ATC enclosed trailer
MD3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2018, 09:04 PM   #11

... and we thought you were going to show us them on our concrete pad... first hand... Sigh-
07 Toyota FJC & Yamaha Kodiak 400 ATV

SloPoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2018, 09:32 PM   #12
TLG

I have them, and their customer service is 2nd to none. After experiencing excellent results with ours, I purchased a set for my son when he got his toy hauler. He lost one on the first trip out. I emailed them at 9pm on a week night to inquire if they would sell just one. Within 15 minutes I received an email stating a new pad would be on its way, no charge. The customer rep also gave me helpful hints to prevent it from happening again. Come to find out, it was his fault he lost it. Would highly recommend this company and product and would certainly purchase again. Product adds some weight, but works as advertised.
TLG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2018, 07:12 PM   #13

We drove back to Florida from Colorado and after each stop we both checked to make sure the Snappads were still there and, yup, they hung on. We camped about in seven places on the way home, on concrete, gravel, grass and blacktop and the worked well in each location. In one campground they required pads and we didn't have to do anything. The RV still feels more stable after the install.

Overall, I must say I am happy with my purchase of the Snappads.
Old 10-13-2018, 06:04 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLG View Post
I have them, and their customer service is 2nd to none. After experiencing excellent results with ours, I purchased a set for my son when he got his toy hauler. He lost one on the first trip out. I emailed them at 9pm on a week night to inquire if they would sell just one. Within 15 minutes I received an email stating a new pad would be on its way, no charge. The customer rep also gave me helpful hints to prevent it from happening again. Come to find out, it was his fault he lost it. Would highly recommend this company and product and would certainly purchase again. Product adds some weight, but works as advertised.
What was it that your son did wrong so I don't do the same? Also, could you share some of their helpful hints please. Thanks!
2015 EZ-GO TXT Golf Cart
South Jersey
K9Nardu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2018, 01:10 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by K9Nardu View Post
What was it that your son did wrong so I don't do the same? Also, could you share some of their helpful hints please. Thanks!
Put some dish soap on the edges and lower leg until it snaps on. That’s pretty much all there is to it.
Old 10-13-2018, 01:25 PM   #16

Just got mine delivered yesterday!
Goflight2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2018, 03:53 PM   #17

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0861.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	171.0 KB
ID:	45038

Installed!
Goflight2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2018, 06:42 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goflight2 View Post
Attachment 45038

Installed!
Nice! I like installations like this. Line up, push button.
Old 10-23-2018, 10:17 AM   #19

Received mine 3 days after placing the order (SnapPad Xtra was the correct model for my rig). Installed on my 2018 Greyhawk 31DS in less than 15 minutes total, a little dish soap and install was a breeze. Used them for the first time last weekend on a 3 day trip, fantastic. RV is noticibly much more stable using them, and although the trip was only 40 miles each way, they stayed affixed to the jacks during travel without issue (they feel solid and it appears it would take some force to remove them). There is also a discount code you can enter at checkout (abcart18) that will give you $10.00 off your order, or on occasion, 10% off depending on the special they are running at the time.
2015 EZ-GO TXT Golf Cart
South Jersey
K9Nardu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2018, 04:59 PM   #20

Update and a Big Foot Leveler Pad Tip

Quote:
Same here so I made these from scrap stall pads.Attachment 44090
Had an issue getting the Big Foot "all up" light this morning to depart. Turns out my left rear pad was loose, and would not engage the indicator switch. I wire tied it up to make the trip home without the beep.

Once home, I removed my square pad as shown above, to find that their is a nut holding the pad onto the hydraulic shaft. (Naturally it was rusted.)

After a bit of WD40 and a trip to get the correct socket (Heres the tip: its a 1 1/16 socket)I was able to tighten the pad so that it would engage the switch and give me all clear. The remaining three pads were snug.

That socket now added to my kit.

Terry