Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-14-2021, 12:03 PM   #1

Tell me what you like about your Seneca!

I currently have a 2020 29.5BHDS which we LOVE but thinking about moving over to a 2021 Seneca 37K with our Wrangler as a toad. I grew up with Class A's but this would be my first venture with a Super C.

On forums and FB groups, you get to hear about all the issues...
Well, I wanna hear why do you like your Seneca!
BassOverflow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2021, 12:18 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by BassOverflow View Post
I currently have a 2020 29.5BHDS which we LOVE but thinking about moving over to a 2021 Seneca 37K with our Wrangler as a toad. I grew up with Class A's but this would be my first venture with a Super C.

On forums and FB groups, you get to hear about all the issues...
Well, I wanna hear why do you like your Seneca!
We love our 2020 37K, I set the cruise at 65 and it will drop to 5th, pull the hill with the wrangler and hold 65. I have 5100 miles on her getting 8 mpg with the jeep.
75462 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2021, 12:21 PM   #3

The ease of driving and the great handling. I used to be tense and white knuckled by the end of the day driving out old Class C and then Class A. Driving the the Super C is much more relaxing, trucks passing and wind are not even noticeable. When towing, you barely know you have anything behind you, ours tow 12k with ease. Plus you have a huge safety factor being up high and protected by the engine, chassis.....I would never consider anything but a Super C.

Rustynuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2021, 05:13 PM   #4
Drv

Drives just like a big pickup truck, no fatigue, no white knuckling when semi's pass or a strong cross wind hits. Cargo Carrying Capacity plus real 10-12k of towing capabilities. Again, safety of automotive cab and engine out front. A feature that my wife pointed out after we bought unit was the ability to hop out the cab doors at rest stops, wally world stops etc. She loved not having to come in house door and then climb over, weave thru house furniture to make said pitstops. A/C and Heat that actually work vs a class A who's front A/C or heat may or may not work. Trust me, you do not want to be headed west in summer with a Jayco/Entegra Class A windshield baking you like a greenhouse and A/C doesn't work properly.
You will see very similar statements over and over Id guess. Hence Rusty and mine looking very similar
Drv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2021, 07:28 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by 75462 View Post
We love our 2020 37K, I set the cruise at 65 and it will drop to 5th, pull the hill with the wrangler and hold 65. I have 5100 miles on her getting 8 mpg with the jeep.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rustynuts View Post
The ease of driving and the great handling. I used to be tense and white knuckled by the end of the day driving out old Class C and then Class A. Driving the the Super C is much more relaxing, trucks passing and wind are not even noticeable. When towing, you barely know you have anything behind you, ours tow 12k with ease. Plus you have a huge safety factor being up high and protected by the engine, chassis.....I would never consider anything but a Super C.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drv View Post
Drives just like a big pickup truck, no fatigue, no white knuckling when semi's pass or a strong cross wind hits. Cargo Carrying Capacity plus real 10-12k of towing capabilities. Again, safety of automotive cab and engine out front. A feature that my wife pointed out after we bought unit was the ability to hop out the cab doors at rest stops, wally world stops etc. She loved not having to come in house door and then climb over, weave thru house furniture to make said pitstops. A/C and Heat that actually work vs a class A who's front A/C or heat may or may not work. Trust me, you do not want to be headed west in summer with a Jayco/Entegra Class A windshield baking you like a greenhouse and A/C doesn't work properly.
You will see very similar statements over and over Id guess. Hence Rusty and mine looking very similar
All of the reasons above... and the best one is what I am doing tomorrow... annual service, inspection and emissions. I called them up today... and am going in first thing tomorrow morning - express assesment and the typical preventative maintenance - and if it goes like the prior 4 years... It will be done as fast as our Toyota dealership can do the same on the FJC. While I wait!
07 Toyota FJC & Yamaha Kodiak 400 ATV

SloPoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2021, 09:34 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by SloPoke View Post
All of the reasons above... and the best one is what I am doing tomorrow... annual service, inspection and emissions. I called them up today... and am going in first thing tomorrow morning - express assesment and the typical preventative maintenance - and if it goes like the prior 4 years... It will be done as fast as our Toyota dealership can do the same on the FJC. While I wait!
... and as expected, Full annual service, DOT inspection certificate (all 50 states) and Utah emissions...

Annual service included any safety recalls, full service for the mileage (39k) an additional fuel/water separator filter in addition to the 35k mileage recommended service... and back at the UT home before the afternoon rain started today... Heading South next weekend... from there ???
07 Toyota FJC & Yamaha Kodiak 400 ATV

SloPoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2021, 06:44 AM   #7

I love the way it drives. I was able to do 930 miles in one day and it is so easy to drive. We have the 37L as we have 3 kids and we love the layout and the fact the overhead bunk is there. I also love having the doors to easily get in and out of. I drive a little faster than most, but at 75 MPH towing a minivan, I averaged 8.6 MPG. I am really happy with my purchase!
dopplemeyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2021, 08:35 PM   #8

I love the way my 2021 Seneca 37TS drives and rides. I like sitting up high on the Freightliner chassis. As mentioned above, the engine location out front makes everything accessible for service and repair. Servicing the chassis is easily accomplished. It also affords a measure of safety.

This chassis is very comfortable to operate and setting up when you arrive is a breeze. Everything runs from your phone, so operating the slides, jacks can all be accomplished while you are outside hooking up. It is also nice to have the ability to adjust thermostats, turn on the furnace, start/stop the generator right from your phone so it can be done while driving down the road, or in the bed at night. Super convenient.

Did anyone say anything about storage???? If if don’t fit in this rig you most assuredly don’t need it. LOL. With the Freightliner cargo carrying capacity you have no worries. Bring whatever you want. Traveling with full tanks, no problem. Towing a half ton pickup? If it wasn’t for the camera you wouldn’t even know it was there.

We’re coming up on 6,000 miles and loving this rig!
staineous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2021, 02:41 PM   #9

We love our 2014 37 TS!! The layout allowed us to have our 4 adult children + the two of us and 4 dogs total. We did a week in Sedona. Tons of storage, easy to drive. My wife drives it when I can't. Plenty of power. Yes, we are doing some upgrades to dial it in, but all in all I would take this over a Class A any day.
tpastorini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2021, 06:15 AM   #10

Pretty simple, its a truck. Not a bus or a van, that has been modified. It drives like a truck, responds like a truck and can be serviced like a truck at any Freightliner Dealership or Service Center. If you are planning to be on the road, this is the vehicle to have. My opinion, your results may vary.
2016 Jayco Seneca 37FS
2016 Chevrolet Traverse
2018 Cheverolet Silverado
rgolding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2021, 09:21 AM   #11

- It's a Freightliner, they're literally everywhere and the tilting hood makes engine services a breeze
- Makes great air brake psst sounds
- It drives competently and effortlessly
- Enormous CCC
- The Jayco house part is probably better than average (but ours is a 2016 build)

Have you checked out the Newmar Super C offering?
Crossingover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2021, 10:38 AM   #12

Drives great and is quiet for a truck. Our 2017 needed the transmission update which improved drivability big time. Storage and enough power for our needs last 5 yrs.
Old 05-04-2021, 06:15 PM   #13

It maneuvers very well. I can get in tight places with good precision.
I also like the roomy interior.
I love the generator: it is quieter than expected.
The storage room and weight capacity is great.
It tows our toad easily.
Once some little problems are solved and things are fine tuned, I expect it to drive well.
jacquesmm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2021, 04:28 PM   #14

Love ours for many of the same reasons above in terms of driving and service. Specifically on the 37k this is what I love about the layout.

Our youngest son, only child who will be at home after this year uses the overhead bunk as his bedroom. Multiple outlets and USB ports. Loves the huge window for watching the stars at night.

Pantry is huge and and will hold more than you need
Wasn’t sure about the half bath until we had it. Great to have two places to wash up and store toiletries. Plus keeps everyone from passing through bedroom to use the bathroom.

We have the 3 place reclining sofa. Most others with the reclining option are the two place theater seats. Feels like home when the 3 of us can recline and watch tv by the fireplace.

Could be a little more counter space and with the slides in it’s a bit tight getting through by the sink and into the half bath. But there are always trade offs.

The storage underneath is huge as well. Just be careful of the slide rail stops. They will grab anything in the way when the slide is moving.
Travel with 3 small dogs as well and plenty of spots for their pillows.

We have only had it for a couple of months but everywhere we take it people comment on how nice a unit it is. Even those in the larger diesel pushers.

Once we work out all the lentry in to service issues and there are several. I expect it to be a great RV.
hallibt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2021, 07:42 PM   #15

We are so happy with our first generation Seneca for many of the reasons noted above. The duramax is a solid engine. Over 60k miles without any issues. I can go anywhere anytime. Ahhhhhh freedom.
Superseneca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2021, 08:27 PM   #16

All of the above. Also the panache when filling up with the big rigs. There is a status that comes with driving a Freightliner. We went from a bumper pull toy hauler to a class A to a 2015 Seneca 36FK, we bought used with 18,000 mikes on it a couple years ago. My wife wouldn’t even ride in the passenger seat on the Class A. Said she felt like she would be the first one at the scene of the accident. Now she will DRIVE the Seneca. Have done a bunch of trips to Utah and locally here in Arizona. Spent 10 days in Moab for Easter Jeep Safari and were very cozy. Drove home 538 miles to Havasu in a single day.
david a judd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2021, 12:32 PM   #17

Bassoverflow
I'm in elko nv trying to get freightliner to okay a def repair. They have refused to allow a Cummins dealer to repair it so it looks like a 200 mi tow. Besides that, after every outing there's always something to fix. When new the water tank was sitting on the fuel filler hose and thr refer wouldn't cool correctly until I installed a roof vent. Look elsewhere for a motorhome
2018rvs2 is offline   Reply With Quote