Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 01-03-2022, 04:29 PM   #1

Things Happened Much Quicker Than Anticipated

Good Afternoon,

(Sorry for the length) Back in December we placed an order for a 2022 Accolade 37k with the hopes we might get it sometime in July or early August. Well we got a call two weeks before Christmas a previously ordered Accolade was soon to be arriving, but the original customer declined to go ahead with the purchase for personal reasons. Our salesman said we were the only ones in the area that had ordered a 37k and if we liked this one we could purchase this one and not have to wait for our ordered unit. When it arrived we did a walk thru and it had everything we wanted and a few items we didn’t really need/want and the exterior color was not what we really wanted and the furniture was a different color. Although we did

We weren’t sure we wanted to go ahead with the purchase and wanted to think about for a bit. Our salesman said we needed to decide quickly because they had been getting many inquiries about the unit and it might sell very soon. No pressure!

We took a gamble and decided if it didn’t sell before Christmas that we go ahead and pull the trigger and purchase this one since the uncertainty of the RV market and supply chain issues and prices going up, etc etc.

So on the Monday after Christmas we got a call and were told with the holidays nobody could make a deal so it fell to us and we jumped on it.

With our ordered unit we were guaranteed 27% off MSRP and they honored that with this unit. However, due to a math glitch I didn’t catch the first time (which was a good thing), we were able to get this unit for about $1k less than the ordered unit even though it’s MSRP was over $2k more. We also just sold our previous rig for the same amount we paid in January 2020 so it’s a win win win.

We were able to do a quick walkthrough on our own a couple days before New Years and we noticed a few things needing attention that will be fixed prior to our delivery.

We will be taking delivery 7 January 2022 and we will be going over it with a fine tooth comb as this will be our 11th RV we’ve had since 2004 and I use a detailed PDI checklist that I have updated overtime.

Since it is cold here in Missouri the dealer will have it ready for us in a heated bay and they will dewinterize it so everything can be checked on the 7th and then on the 8th we will do a test drive and play with it some more. Then if all goes well we’ll take her home.

We have owned just about every type of RV but this will be our first Super C and we are super excited. I know there will be issues with a new RV but we’re ready and can’t wait to make some more awesome memories.
GibbysWorld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2022, 04:43 PM   #2

I'd say you definitely had a stroke of good luck. Happy for you
DonkeyFluffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2022, 05:01 PM   #3
Site Team

Congratulations on the new Seneca! It's great the dealer worked with you on the pricing.

2012 Jay Flight 19RD
2016 Ford F150 XLT 2X4 SC 3.5L Eco Max Tow
2010 Tundra TRD DBL Cab (Traded)
2 new fluffy Corgis, Bayley and Stanley
JFlightRisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2022, 05:05 PM   #4

Congratulations! Sounds like the ducks (so far) have gotten in the row for you!

Murff

2015 White Hawk 20MRB (It's last year)
2017 F150 2.7 Eco Boost 3.73 Gears

Murff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2022, 05:36 PM   #5

Congrats! A very exciting start to 2022 for sure! I hope to see you on the road sometime. Stay well & travel safe!
2004 Jeep Liberty
TheNextChapter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2022, 05:53 PM   #6

Congrats, now you have plenty of time to get it outfitted for the summer season. You can make plans for spring trips that are a bonus from your original
time schedule. Read through the modification thread, there are a bunch of great ideas on there that will allow you maximize the new rig to your expectations.
Happy 2022.
RVermont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2022, 06:02 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVermont View Post
Congrats, now you have plenty of time to get it outfitted for the summer season. You can make plans for spring trips that are a bonus from your original
time schedule. Read through the modification thread, there are a bunch of great ideas on there that will allow you maximize the new rig to your expectations.
Happy 2022.
I believe I have read through the last 2 years worth of posts in the past month . So it has given me tons of things I want to do. We have plenty of things and trips planned. My father passed away this past summer while we were in the middle of a 60 day Utah and Colorado trip so we are finishing up the Colorado portion this summer and link that with a trip to Gulf Shores we originally had planned for this upcoming spring break. Luckily Gulf State park had availability for August and it didn’t cost us anything to move our reservation.
Old 01-04-2022, 07:08 PM   #8

Congrats!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GibbysWorld View Post
Good Afternoon,

(Sorry for the length) Back in December we placed an order for a 2022 Accolade 37k with the hopes we might get it sometime in July or early August. Well we got a call two weeks before Christmas a previously ordered Accolade was soon to be arriving, but the original customer declined to go ahead with the purchase for personal reasons. Our salesman said we were the only ones in the area that had ordered a 37k and if we liked this one we could purchase this one and not have to wait for our ordered unit. When it arrived we did a walk thru and it had everything we wanted and a few items we didn’t really need/want and the exterior color was not what we really wanted and the furniture was a different color. Although we did

We weren’t sure we wanted to go ahead with the purchase and wanted to think about for a bit. Our salesman said we needed to decide quickly because they had been getting many inquiries about the unit and it might sell very soon. No pressure!

We took a gamble and decided if it didn’t sell before Christmas that we go ahead and pull the trigger and purchase this one since the uncertainty of the RV market and supply chain issues and prices going up, etc etc.

So on the Monday after Christmas we got a call and were told with the holidays nobody could make a deal so it fell to us and we jumped on it.

With our ordered unit we were guaranteed 27% off MSRP and they honored that with this unit. However, due to a math glitch I didn’t catch the first time (which was a good thing), we were able to get this unit for about $1k less than the ordered unit even though it’s MSRP was over $2k more. We also just sold our previous rig for the same amount we paid in January 2020 so it’s a win win win.

We were able to do a quick walkthrough on our own a couple days before New Years and we noticed a few things needing attention that will be fixed prior to our delivery.

We will be taking delivery 7 January 2022 and we will be going over it with a fine tooth comb as this will be our 11th RV we’ve had since 2004 and I use a detailed PDI checklist that I have updated overtime.

Since it is cold here in Missouri the dealer will have it ready for us in a heated bay and they will dewinterize it so everything can be checked on the 7th and then on the 8th we will do a test drive and play with it some more. Then if all goes well we’ll take her home.

We have owned just about every type of RV but this will be our first Super C and we are super excited. I know there will be issues with a new RV but we’re ready and can’t wait to make some more awesome memories.
I am waiting on delivery of a 37K accolade and I post a PDI checklist, would love to see yours and any additions you make after pickup..

John
From 2001 Daemon Escaper
From 1998 Daemon Intruder
From 1993 Daemon Hornet
From Tent (BEST RV EVER!)
Jmorenz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2022, 08:59 AM   #9

Here is a PDI checklist I have created/updated over the years.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf PDI.pdf (247.4 KB, 54 views)

2022 Entegra Accolade 37K
2022 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Old 01-05-2022, 04:41 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by GibbysWorld View Post
Here is a PDI checklist I have created/updated over the years.
This is a great list! Many thanks. I have stitched a bunch together from my previous buys that cover many of these things. I Taylor it to the unit. For example, on this 37K I am definitely looking under the bed at all that wiring.
From 2001 Daemon Escaper
From 1998 Daemon Intruder
From 1993 Daemon Hornet
From Tent (BEST RV EVER!)
Jmorenz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2022, 07:06 PM   #11

Sounds like you lucked out! Hope you can live with the minor things that weren't perfect!!!
spoon059 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2022, 09:27 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by spoon059 View Post
Sounds like you lucked out! Hope you can live with the minor things that weren't perfect!!!
It’s kind of the nature of the game unfortunately anymore expecting things that aren’t perfect in the RV world. Our previous motorhome was a Tiffin and it wasn’t perfect but we worked through the issues. I actually like the challenge of making something better than original.

2022 Entegra Accolade 37K
2022 Jeep Gladiator Mojave