Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-06-2021, 07:28 PM   #1

Thoughts on service coverage and roadside assistance!

Soon to be new owners of a 2021 37Rb and looking for thoughts on vehicle service coverage and roadside assistance! We were offered a plan for national rvcare/saferidemotorclub through the dealer at a cost of $7,300 for 60 months or 50,000 miles with a $100 deductible . Does anyone have experience with claims being paid or denied ? And are there other options out there you would recommend we get. I do not see any coverage for the turbo or after treatment on the unit. And even though it says free towing they only cover $300 per occurrence which truly is not alot for a 31,000 gvw vehicle!
Juliejohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2021, 07:43 PM   #2

I never buy those things. For $7,300 you can pay for a lot of repairs and towing out of your pocket. Freightliner repair costs are high, and those are huge wheels. You really cannot change them yourself without big tools.

Have you contacted your insurance company. Many have roadside assistance and towing. Also check your cell company. Mine has towing and roadside assistance. When I spoke with them a few years back about it, they stated it did not matter what I was driving, it was covered. But I was not thinking Seneca at the time. There area also a lot of other 3rd party roadside assistance programs out there.

Edit: Quick google search and here is one that decent, at half the price; https://www.roadsidemasters.com/signup-bus.php

2012 Jayco X23B
2020 Ram Laramie 3500 SRW Air ride 50Gal fuel tank.
2007 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab (sold)
Equal-I-zer 4-Point Sway Control
Jagiven is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2021, 06:59 AM   #3

What is the standard warranty on the Freightliner part and the Cummins part? I don't usually buy any extended warranties.

For Roadside Assistance I have it through FMCA.
houstonstroker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2021, 12:40 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juliejohn View Post
Soon to be new owners of a 2021 37Rb and looking for thoughts on vehicle service coverage and roadside assistance! We were offered a plan for national rvcare/saferidemotorclub through the dealer at a cost of $7,300 for 60 months or 50,000 miles with a $100 deductible . Does anyone have experience with claims being paid or denied ? And are there other options out there you would recommend we get. I do not see any coverage for the turbo or after treatment on the unit. And even though it says free towing they only cover $300 per occurrence which truly is not alot for a 31,000 gvw vehicle!
With extended service plans we are ahead on two prior plans. The first paid more than the plan cost. The second was break even after refund at trade in. We have FMCA for roadside.
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2021, 03:50 PM   #5

I am not a believer of an extended warranty, but I am a believer in Roadside Assistance programs. I looked at several and found that the Good Sam had the best deal in roadside assistance, plus it covered all my other vehicles. With an RV that doesn't have a spare tire, I thought it best to have something to get me fixed and back on the road.

tpastorini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2021, 04:26 PM   #6

GS socks, try AAA plus, but don't expect any to deliver diesel, aaa didn't for me. But would tow truck and tt to available diesel!! Go figure.
PaulB12
PaulB12 is offline   Reply With Quote