Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-28-2021, 06:11 PM   #1

Time for another Dash Entertainment System

Well... Now it appears that we have gone thru our second Dash entertainment system on our Seneca.

We are going to be looking at replacing this unit with something that has a chance of lasting more than two-three years. I will be doing the replacement and have no fear in tearing the dash apart again.

Looking for something that can support 4 Voyager cameras, but not for the blind spot use... for manual switching. It should have Navigational capabilities, Bluetooth pairing with our phones for hands-free calling, Subwoofer outputs.

Looking for Reliability and reputation over price.
07 Toyota FJC & Yamaha Kodiak 400 ATV

SloPoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2021, 05:41 PM   #2

Dash entertainment replacement

Hello Slopok,

I see no one replied to your post. I have the same problem, the dash entertainment took a dump. Where you able to find a better replacement?
lightman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2021, 09:21 PM   #3

Stinger Elev8

I have this unit for my Greyhawk and it handles 4 cameras directly. It’s been a good unit for us.

Car play and android auto support.
gjkids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2021, 11:06 AM   #4

We bit the bullet and ordered another JRV215n to replace the failed unit...

I think I figured out why these are failing in the first place - HEAT. Both the previous failures occured during July / August when we were on a trip where it was warm. I suspect the contributing factor is because the dash and face of the unit was exposed to the sun/heat and the unit was on during that time.

Many electronic components are not able to survive being on and hot but can survive when the unit is off and it is hot. I am going to switch the power and ignition power to the unit so that it will be completely off when it will be exposed to very high temperatures.

Old 10-31-2021, 05:21 PM   #5

I did a subwoofer (dual from advanced auto store) It came in a carpeted box which i mounted an amplifier on top then built a box/tray that sits on top. Works great
Attached Thumbnails
20211030_123056.jpg   20211030_123043.jpg   20211030_123030.jpg  
Timdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2021, 07:49 PM   #6

If anyone is interested I have the factory head unit that came with my 2021 37TS, which was removed prior to delivery to install a Kenwood DNX775RVS. Make me an offer, shipped from 11706.
Old 10-31-2021, 08:04 PM   #7

How much do you want? Which model do you have?
Dhardy193 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2022, 06:19 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by SloPoke View Post
We bit the bullet and ordered another JRV215n to replace the failed unit...

I think I figured out why these are failing in the first place - HEAT. Both the previous failures occured during July / August when we were on a trip where it was warm. I suspect the contributing factor is because the dash and face of the unit was exposed to the sun/heat and the unit was on during that time.

Many electronic components are not able to survive being on and hot but can survive when the unit is off and it is hot. I am going to switch the power and ignition power to the unit so that it will be completely off when it will be exposed to very high temperatures.
Where did you find a new JRV215N? Ours is shot and the dealer says they are obsolete, can't find a unit that will fit from Jayco. Says to look at a sound store, see if we can find a unit that can be installed. Smh...Oh...and ours is still under warranty.

1998 Coleman Seneca pop up
2014 Rockwood Roo 23ikss
2016 Jayco Greyhawk 31FK - YAY!
sewingcybermom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2022, 11:11 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by sewingcybermom View Post
Where did you find a new JRV215N? Ours is shot and the dealer says they are obsolete, can't find a unit that will fit from Jayco. Says to look at a sound store, see if we can find a unit that can be installed. Smh...Oh...and ours is still under warranty.
RVCams.com has been very good for us... I looked up the website and see that they do not have them in stock... I would check with them to see if they are getting any more.
Attached Thumbnails
CaptureRVCams.JPG  

Old 01-24-2023, 04:26 PM   #10

JVRN215n to DNX775RVS replacement

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cturrisi View Post
If anyone is interested I have the factory head unit that came with my 2021 37TS, which was removed prior to delivery to install a Kenwood DNX775RVS. Make me an offer, shipped from 11706.
I have to replace the original JVRN215n in my 2016 Seneca, I'm considering the Kenwood DNX775RVS as well. What wiring harness changes did you have to make?
I found a company that has a few direct replacements for the JVRN215n, the JRV9000R, but even that is now an obsolete model with no direct replacement. I want to make sure the camera and other inputs can still be used and wishing the wiring harness was just a plug-and-play with the DNX775RVS into my Seneca.
Any advice is appreciated.
jarman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2023, 08:50 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by jarman View Post
I have to replace the original JVRN215n in my 2016 Seneca, I'm considering the Kenwood DNX775RVS as well. What wiring harness changes did you have to make?
I found a company that has a few direct replacements for the JVRN215n, the JRV9000R, but even that is now an obsolete model with no direct replacement. I want to make sure the camera and other inputs can still be used and wishing the wiring harness was just a plug-and-play with the DNX775RVS into my Seneca.
Any advice is appreciated.

I don't remember having to make any wiring changes. I just used the original radio wiring diagram and the new radio diagram and swapped wire for wire.
Old 01-25-2023, 12:36 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cturrisi View Post
I don't remember having to make any wiring changes. I just used the original radio wiring diagram and the new radio diagram and swapped wire for wire.
Same on mine, stereo wiring colors are pretty standardized now. I had the diagram for the Furrion stereo that was in our and it matched up color for color with our new Boss stereo.

Rustynuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2023, 04:29 PM   #13

On my 2021 37L, the Sony unit stayed on when the coach power was on. That, and it uses unnecessary battery power when parked boondocking. So I wired in a simple switch on the dash so that I could power it down when camping. Helps with the heat issue if you can press a little dash switch and power it off at will.
EricM22 is offline   Reply With Quote