Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 02-25-2024, 05:51 PM   #1

toilet plugged

My sewer line is plugged somewear just above black tank shutoff, as it also goes through the maceator any ideas? i removed the top of the maceator and stuck a snake as far as I could, but nothing.
Dom101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2024, 03:56 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dom101 View Post
My sewer line is plugged somewear just above black tank shutoff, as it also goes through the maceator any ideas? i removed the top of the maceator and stuck a snake as far as I could, but nothing.
Not sure what year you have, but if it is a new rig, it is most likely the plug from the hole they drill into the black water tank when they plumb it for the toilet. They literally stand in the bathroom and just drill down through the floor. For some reason, they don't reach back into the tank to grab the center of the hole that they just drilled out. On my rig, the plug made it to the macerator and then chewed up all the blades making the macerator useless.

You might want to load the black water tank with water and see if it will force the blockage out. Otherwise, you will have to pull the macerator and go in that way and that is a crappy job...
2021 Jeep Grand Cherokee L
Jeepin Jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2024, 06:48 PM   #3

back log

Yep, I had a full tank that wouldn't drain when the 3" plastic disk got sideways. It took 3 years of ownership to be a problem. I used this attachment to blow the thing back, drain, and retrieve.
https://www.amazon.com/Camco-Feature...00T36KRS2?th=1
2014 Seneca 37FS
2015 Wrangler Sport toad
red-headed wife
RoWest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2024, 08:46 PM   #4

That does make sense. I took the top of the maceration box off and pushed a hose up and turned in on. Mostly liquid came out with not much solids. If when I get home, I take the toilet off will I be able to see/remove disc
Dom101 is offline   Reply With Quote