Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 11-20-2018, 02:07 PM   #1

Truck Stop Credit Cards

We always go to truck stops to fuel our Seneca. We have the Flying J-Pilot card so I can pay at the pump and DW doesn’t have to go in and wait until I finish fueling. I like using this system at Pilot. The problem is there are many times when we cannot find a Pilot along our travels.

Are there any other truck stop chains that offer a pay at the pump credit card?

Thanks, and Happy Thanksgiving.
Mark S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2018, 02:30 PM   #2

Love's Truck stops - Love's Express Credit Card
1996 Viking Pop-up
1979 Coleman 8 man cabin tent
1967 G.I Joe (hasbro) canvas pup tent
THE MEEKER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2018, 08:01 PM   #3

On our trip last year to visit in your city... I can't remember any that allowed us to pay at the pump with a regular credit card. Only the Pilot/FJ card allowed us to do that...With their card. Loves did not take our Amex or Visa at the pump. We eventually just went in when we were in line for our pump.
07 Toyota FJC & Yamaha Kodiak 400 ATV

SloPoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2018, 08:39 PM   #4

This is exactly why I use Pacific Pride Card Lock for fuel. Great access, linked with many fuel companies in case you can’t locate a Pacific Pride station. They have a great App for locations stations with directions and also shows stations through PrideNet. Typical prices are .05-.12 cents less than most stations posted price. Most are independent franchises so it varies on the requirements to get a card. For me they do require you to have a business but some don’t. Even being retired, I have a small business stamping metal pars for my business that my son took over...but that’s enough to get a card.

Rustynuts is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2018, 08:45 PM   #5
Sam

Even with the loves card that I have you still have to go inside. When I got the card I failed to read the fine print. Apparently you must have Love's commercial account to avoid going inside to pay. Sam
Sam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2018, 09:47 AM   #6

...and the Pilot/Flying J card gives you a cash discount.
Kar Kaddy SS
javamon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2018, 12:28 PM   #7

I just completed filling out a Love’s Commmercial card application as this will allow me to pay at the pump. As I was completing it I read that you are committing to buy 500 gallons per month, which I will most likely never do.

I called and asked what will happpen when I don’t meet the minimum and was told probably nothing. I will try it and see.

I would think more truck stops would want drivers to pay at the pump as it would speed up the fueling process and allow them to move product faster. I don’t know why Pilot/Flying J is the only one going after the RV market.
Old 11-22-2018, 06:47 AM   #8

I’m surprised by this thread as I can’t recall the last time I had to go inside to pay for fuel. I primarily use Pilot when we’re travelling, and always use a regular card at the big rig pumps. I can’t get a receipt without going in, but payment has rarely been a problem.
robkelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2018, 07:17 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by robkelly View Post
I’m surprised by this thread as I can’t recall the last time I had to go inside to pay for fuel. I primarily use Pilot when we’re travelling, and always use a regular card at the big rig pumps. I can’t get a receipt without going in, but payment has rarely been a problem.
X2
I also have the Pilot/flying J card as well as my VISA. I have filled at many other places and never had a problem using my VISA. As stated above, if I wanted a receipt, I had to go inside, but otherwise fill up and drive off.

Joe Hinson
2010 Jayco Quest G2(SOLD)
2014 Jayco Eagle 33.5RETS
2007 Ram 2500 5.9L Cummins(SOLD)
2015 Ram 2500 6.7L Cummins 4WD
:)
namusmc65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2018, 08:25 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by namusmc65 View Post
X2
I also have the Pilot/flying J card as well as my VISA. I have filled at many other places and never had a problem using my VISA. As stated above, if I wanted a receipt, I had to go inside, but otherwise fill up and drive off.
I haven’t found a truck stop yet, other than Pilot, where I can pay at the pump. I am talking about the truck lane with two pumps, not the gas station side.
Old 11-22-2018, 03:18 PM   #11

Pay at the pump

Pilot / Flying J is the best - we have the Loves commercial for about 3 years but rarely use it maybe 150 gallons a year and they haven’t said anything yet Les

Les & Sandy
2016 Seneca HJ - Scangauge D - Truma Comfort
560 watts solar - Blue Sky 3024iL -IPN ProRemote - Trojan T-105RE
Good Sam Life Member - FMCA Member - Passport America
Les7h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2018, 08:38 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Les7h View Post
Pilot / Flying J is the best - we have the Loves commercial for about 3 years but rarely use it maybe 150 gallons a year and they haven’t said anything yet Les
This past August / September we drove from our Home in Northerner Colorado to upstate / Western NY(Home town state) and was able to find FJ / Pilot stations all the way through using their App. One time I went to a truck stop and had to go inside and pay first.

I haven’t found a truck stop yet, other than Pilot, where I can pay at the pump. I'm talking about the truck lanes not the normal gas lanes because the Seneca

PRE-mid-2018 have two tanks. Now the Mid-2018 and newer they have 1 tank so they can use the normal gas lanes as long as the Shelter Roof is over 13' and Def is available if needed
John
Boy
johnboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2018, 03:11 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnboy View Post
I haven’t found a truck stop yet, other than Pilot, where I can pay at the pump. I'm talking about the truck lanes not the normal gas lanes because the Seneca

PRE-mid-2018 have two tanks. Now the Mid-2018 and newer they have 1 tank so they can use the normal gas lanes as long as the Shelter Roof is over 13' and Def is available if needed
John
Boy
Another thing to consider with the normal fuel lanes - Fuel rate is limited to 10 gallons/minute Maximum flow. Truck lanes are limited to 40 gallons/minute maximum (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fuel_dispenser).

The time you might save by paying at the pump in the auto lanes might be offset/lost in overall wait while filling once at a truck pump. We find that when we had to fill at a traditional pump, we have to move the Seneca to fill the other tank. Some stations limit you to two credit card transactions of $80.00 - after that we have to go inside with our Visa card to get the third transaction to get us full.
07 Toyota FJC & Yamaha Kodiak 400 ATV

SloPoke is offline   Reply With Quote