Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-28-2021, 06:10 AM   #1

Washing Coach

2021 37K….
Looking for recommendations on a high quality hand washing brush for keeping my coach clean…a brush that will attach to a extension pole and will not scratch the paint. Please no recommendations on ceramic coatings, i know all about it.
lawingnutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2021, 07:11 AM   #2

I've heard that lambswool is the best to use. I'm ordering this for my recently ordered 37LClick image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20210628-090959_Amazon%20Shopping.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	49.6 KB
ID:	72999
DonkeyFluffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2021, 07:16 AM   #3

When we bought our Northpoint I bought a brush from my dealer. Really soft and works great, 5 years. A few months ago I was poking around on Amazon and found this

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01EHD6YP0...ing=UTF8&psc=1

I decided to try it out. The bristles on this one are about as soft as my other brush. I got the 10" one because it's just the right size to fit in a 5gal bucket. A 12" will be too big. I main reason I bought it is because it has bristles on the sides, which makes it nice for cleaning inside corners and up against things like awning arms and such nice. No more bumping the side of the brush head against things. It doesnt leave any scratches or Mark's of any kind on my front cap, the sides of my trailer, or the metal painted lowers.
I also use a higher end wash that it gets after every use and same brand hand wax but it only gets that once a year. Mine has a lot of real estate and takes me 14-16 hrs to do.
Old 06-28-2021, 10:06 AM   #4

Lambswool brush and mitt, anything else will leave fine scratches in the paint. The paint on the Senecas is soft. I started out using the Brush off Amazon that Lake Heron linked and after a few washes I had terrible fine scratches over the whole coach. I use the Mary Moppins 9" wash and Pad holder and Longarm Quick Adjust pole now.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Rustynuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2021, 12:27 PM   #5

I may post this as a separate feed, but I just purchased this to wash the RV.

Trinova Foam Cannon (amazon) to be used with a pressure washer. We used the Armorall Ceramic Wash (wallmart) with it per the instructions. OMG the foam sticks to the side of the RV, we sprayed 8 foot sections, both my wife and I used nylon brushes to rub it in, used the pressure washer to rinse it off, then used the leaf blower to dry it off.

The results were amazing. Been at the campsite for several days now and the usually dust and film don't seam to stick to it. Highly recommend.
tpastorini is offline   Reply With Quote