Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-11-2021, 07:56 AM   #1

Water heater problem

My Truma Aqua Go tankless water heater needs repair but my shop can’t get the part. They need to replace the temperature stabilizer but Truma will only sell it to an authorized repair shop. Apparently there are only two in southern Oregon, both over 100 miles from me. I can’t get a live person to talk to at Camping World and Caveman said they aren’t trained to do the repair. They will not sell the part to us either. Any ideas?
EdwardOrmsbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2021, 09:02 AM   #2

Looks like you’re going to be driving that 100 miles!
Old 05-11-2021, 09:42 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardOrmsbee View Post
My Truma Aqua Go tankless water heater needs repair but my shop can’t get the part. They need to replace the temperature stabilizer but Truma will only sell it to an authorized repair shop. Apparently there are only two in southern Oregon, both over 100 miles from me. I can’t get a live person to talk to at Camping World and Caveman said they aren’t trained to do the repair. They will not sell the part to us either. Any ideas?
That sucks!!!! I have heard stories about people not able to get parts (Thedford is really bad).
What I did was just pulled the Truma On-Demand and replaced it with a 10 Gallon Suburban Gas/Electric. (purchased from pplmotorhomes).
Instagram @wanderingpeaches
www.youtube.com/@wanderingpeaches
repeach is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2021, 10:16 AM   #4

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tunce the traveler View Post
Looks like you’re going to be driving that 100 miles!
I'm willing to drive the 100 miles if I knew if they would fix it. However, Caveman RV said they didn't have the training to fix it, and I have yet to get through to a live person at Camping World. Those are the two authorized dealers that the manufacturer said we could use. I have confidence my local RV shop could fix it if I could just get the part, which the manufacturer will not send us.
EdwardOrmsbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2021, 08:02 PM   #5

2018.5 Seneca S2RV Chassis W/Truma Tankless Water Heater

Took delivery of new Seneca in Apr. 2019. After 2 yrs. had not one issue w/Truma tankless water heater. Last week was in Elkhart & had Truma decalcify (hadn’t ever been) & upgrade the unit from the Jayco provided Basic unit to a Comfort so I could do my own yearly decalcification. Wish I’d know you needed parts I might have convinced Jason out of them.
Martigg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2021, 08:28 PM   #6

Couple thoughts, have you tried ebay or Amazon. Might just get lucky.

Next try an independent rv repair facility

2012 Jayco X23B
2020 Ram Laramie 3500 SRW Air ride 50Gal fuel tank.
2007 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab (sold)
Equal-I-zer 4-Point Sway Control
Jagiven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2021, 09:15 PM   #7

While I really like the Truma unit, their requirement to only sell to authorized techs and distributors is probably why I will not buy from them if this unit fails. I have had my unit out several times due to a leak and short in the wiring. The units are very simple and there really is nothing in there that would require any one to have special knowledge to repair the unit. I will go with a unit that I can repair using readily available parts.

I understand brand protection but in their case the lack of locations and people that can service the units is working against them.
RVermont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2021, 11:51 PM   #8

Quote:
I'm willing to drive the 100 miles if I knew if they would fix it. However, Caveman RV said they didn't have the training to fix it, and I have yet to get through to a live person at Camping World. Those are the two authorized dealers that the manufacturer said we could use. I have confidence my local RV shop could fix it if I could just get the part, which the manufacturer will not send us.
I know it’s a little further but Guaranty in Junction City is an authorized dealer, they installed out Comfort upgrade.

I did find it annoying that Truma won’t sell parts, I could have easily done the upgrade myself but no, they said “it had to be done by a highly trained dealer” When I dropped mine off at Guaranty the service manager said they had never worked on a Truma before

I did mange to find a service manual online.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf aqua-go-service-manual.pdf (3.85 MB, 20 views)

Rustynuts is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2021, 03:59 AM   #9

Quote:
Try this. I think you will find one close to you.

https://www.truma.net/support-and-re...rtners-locator

2011 Keystone Sprinter 323 BH
Cavie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2021, 04:04 AM   #10

Truma water heater parts.

https://www.caravanparts.com.au/diag.../truma/aquago/

Old 05-18-2021, 10:50 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavie View Post

No parts for sale on that page, just a new unit or the outer door.

Old 05-18-2021, 12:15 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rustynuts View Post
No parts for sale on that page, just a new unit or the outer door.
Please note: Not all parts are individually for sale. Some may be included in an available product/kit.
Items not listed may be available by special order. Please contact us.

Old 05-18-2021, 01:37 PM   #13

I wonder what shipping to the US would cost, probably a pretty penny. to bad they are so far away. I would like to buy part 28 and turn my comfort into a comfort plus
RVermont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2021, 02:19 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavie View Post
Please note: Not all parts are individually for sale. Some may be included in an available product/kit.
Items not listed may be available by special order. Please contact us.
I tried to order the one part needed to go to the Comfort Plus model from that company in AU and they have the same policy as the US Distributor, they only sell to authorized dealers, I also contacted a couple companies in Europe. I tried every avenue and the only option I could come up with was to buy from a RV wrecking yard but could not find one tht was a factory installed Comfort Plus model. Most RV wrecking yards also wanted to sell the whole unit Nd not parts it out. Truma has this pretty regulated.

Old 07-08-2021, 09:32 AM   #15

My tankless water heater has been spotty on delivering hot water and I was all set to buy the Truma AquaGo Comfort. After talking with a service rep at Lazy Days, they "could not in good conscious" recommend that water heater. They said they have seen a lot of problems with it.

You could say I got cold feet.
xraymiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2021, 12:52 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by xraymiller View Post
My tankless water heater has been spotty on delivering hot water and I was all set to buy the Truma AquaGo Comfort. After talking with a service rep at Lazy Days, they "could not in good conscious" recommend that water heater. They said they have seen a lot of problems with it.

You could say I got cold feet.
Surprised, the Truma, IMO is one of the best tankless water heaters out there. We are on year 3 with ours with absolutely zero issues….hot water for days.

Old 07-08-2021, 12:56 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rustynuts View Post
Surprised, the Truma, IMO is one of the best tankless water heaters out there. We are on year 3 with ours with absolutely zero issues….hot water for days.
I never had problems with ours either. I just didn't like how much propane it used and the fact that the book says you have to winterize it at 39F or lower. The latter was the main reason for getting rid of it.
Instagram @wanderingpeaches
www.youtube.com/@wanderingpeaches
repeach is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2021, 02:57 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpietsch View Post
I never had problems with ours either. I just didn't like how much propane it used and the fact that the book says you have to winterize it at 39F or lower. The latter was the main reason for getting rid of it.
If you have it upgraded to the comfort model you done have to winterize at 39 degrees as on Eco or Comfort mode it keeps the water in the exchange vessel hot to eliminate winterizing when using in cold temps. We have camped at 10 degrees with no problems. I feel the Truma uses very little propane. I have converted my fridge to a compressor type so our propane use is only the furnace, cooktop and Truma and we can go a long time on one propane tank and that’s with exterior bbq running off it too.