Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-01-2023, 03:53 PM   #1

Water pump switch

I have a 2022 Jayco Seneca 37K that we recently purchased. Getting ready to travel and was sorting out the water system and found that the only switch for the water pump is on the nautilus panel. Sounds a little unusual to not have any switches in the kitchen or restroom so you could turn it on inside. Has anyone else seen this or am I missing something. The manual lead me to believe that is normal with wording of a switch may be near the kitchen sink “if so equipped”.
Have a list of upgrades that I have seen on here to get started on. Have already installed lingual actuator on the bed to assist the wife with getting to storage,
Thank Wayne
Checkered past is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2023, 04:11 PM   #2

My Greyhawk has a second pump switch in the outside water connection/shower cabinet. The only reason for that switch is to turn the pump on and off for the "country fill" function where you suck water out of jugs to refill your tank or to winterize or sanitize. I can't think of any other time that switch would be needed.

For normal operation the pump switch is just left on and the on-demand pump will pump when you open a faucet.

Jim

Retired electronic technician (45 years in the field)
2017 Greyhawk 29W (solar & many other mods)
wife (maybe I should have given her top billing)
JimD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2023, 04:25 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Checkered past View Post
I have a 2022 Jayco Seneca 37K that we recently purchased. Getting ready to travel and was sorting out the water system and found that the only switch for the water pump is on the nautilus panel. Sounds a little unusual to not have any switches in the kitchen or restroom so you could turn it on inside. Has anyone else seen this or am I missing something. The manual lead me to believe that is normal with wording of a switch may be near the kitchen sink “if so equipped”.
Have a list of upgrades that I have seen on here to get started on. Have already installed lingual actuator on the bed to assist the wife with getting to storage,
Thank Wayne
Did you look in the control panel and also on the J Command (or whatever they are calling it) app for your phone.
Old 04-01-2023, 04:27 PM   #4

Quote:
Thank Wayne
If you have a FireFly touchscreen panel it should be there, that's where mine is, as well as the basement panel.

James
737SimGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2023, 04:30 PM   #5

They recommend not leaving them on all the time. My thoughts were being able to turn it on while traveling to flush a toilet with out stopping. We will just have to adjust to it. Our previous MH had a switch in the kitchen and bathroom. I may install another switch inside. Thanks for responding.
Old 04-01-2023, 04:45 PM   #6

Update, i have the VegaTouch Mira. I downloaded the app. A water pump switch came up on my phone and also put a switch on the main screen on the control center. Crisis avoided! Thank you all!
Wayne
Old 04-02-2023, 08:59 AM   #7

Quote:
Update, i have the VegaTouch Mira. I downloaded the app. A water pump switch came up on my phone and also put a switch on the main screen on the control center. Crisis avoided! Thank you all!
Wayne

I recommend contacting FireFly to get the firmware updates for your control system. They have corrected several bugs in the past year. It's a simple USB update...

Tech Support

1013 Elroy Drive | Middlebury, Indiana 46540
Phone: (574)825-4600
support@fireflyint.com
www.fireflyintegrations.com

James
737SimGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2023, 07:05 PM   #8

Quote:
Thank Wayne
There is a manual pump switch in the wet bay of a 2022 37K.
From 2001 Daemon Escaper
From 1998 Daemon Intruder
From 1993 Daemon Hornet
From Tent (BEST RV EVER!)
Jmorenz is offline   Reply With Quote