Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-22-2019, 11:54 PM   #1

Water Tank 2019 Seneca RB

I had trouble loosing water while driving and siphoning. I pulled the tank to replumb it. What I found was the tank was sitting on the fuel filler hose with a block of Styrofoam at one end keeping the drain fitting on the bottom from hitting the floor. After spinning new fittings on the top for vents and on the end for the drain like my Winnebago. I placed a 3/4" piece plywood on the bottom to stop the bellowing and moved the tank away from the fuel filler hose. I also installed see-level gauges with outside senders so I can read tank percentages.

If you have a Norcold 1200 refer that doesn't get very cold or shuts down because of over temp. check the venting. I have experienced two 2019 rb's that were vented wrong. the correct fix is to install a roof vent per norcold installation or at least wall vent it per the install instructions.
2018rvs2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2019, 12:53 AM   #2

What I found on our 2018.5 37RB fridge was the top baffle to deflect hot air out towards the wall vent was installed upside down so it was directing the heat back over the top of the fridge. I also found that the plywood baffle on the outer wall was installed to high on the coils which in turn blocked off the middle set of vents on the outer cover. I cut the baffle down per Norcold installation specs, cut, bent and installed the top deflector in the correct orientation and then installed 3 fans at the top vent with a heat switch mounted to the coils to come on at 130 degrees. Since I have done all this the fridge has worked great even in 100 degree weather.

For my water tank I added 3/4’ X 1.5” steel tubing across the frame to support the tank. I also discovered the fitting on the bottom of the tank sitting on the compartment bottom so I then added a sheet of 1” Owens Corning Foamular as a spacer with a cutout for the line. The foam also gives some insulation and full support. I would suggest getting under yours and checking to see if any electrical lines run between the fuel tank and the compartment bottom that the water tanks sits on. Mine had several that were getting crushed with a full water tank and that is why I attend the steel bracing. I also found they had run a propane line over the top f the fram rail and it was also getting pinched when the water tank was full. Over time this could have done lots of expensive repairs. While I had the wet bay all torn apart, I also took the time to insulate all the water lines I could get to.
Attached Thumbnails
4EFF8E69-6CB1-4D60-820E-D8C774290A9F.jpg   01748CA6-EDC0-4CF6-87AB-C5F8EC0A3FBE.jpg   3E166A5D-B41A-4E47-BA99-5A2E0D560898.jpg   0E075CEF-8BE9-403D-A44F-6C29F6A3F729.jpg   AF6679FE-44AF-4452-82C9-4426D00AAE32.jpg  

B9932541-485F-4AA4-A939-E61F43D31D71.jpg   B3A62CD0-A707-465A-B747-716FD133AC20.jpg  

Rustynuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2019, 09:55 AM   #3

Thanks for the info on the tank bracing, got to do some crawling.

One of your post you mention removing the water filter with a strap wrench, Lisle 61060 spanner wrench works without stressing the canister.

If you tow a toad with stop lite activation on the auxiliary braking system, like invisabrake, every time the engine brake is used the invisabrake will operate. You need to install a air pressure switch and run a lead back to the toad so the invisabrake is activated by the switch not the engine brake.

Speaking of the engine the brake, Allison can remove the automatic down shifting on the engine brake so you can select what gear you want to use and avoid the automatic downshifting
2018rvs2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2019, 10:48 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2018rvs2 View Post
Thanks for the info on the tank bracing, got to do some crawling.

One of your post you mention removing the water filter with a strap wrench, Lisle 61060 spanner wrench works without stressing the canister.
Its not easy getting the bracing in there but with patience its possible. I could have sworn that I had a plastic wrench for the water/fuel filter but couldnt find it....thanks for the Lisle part number !

Rustynuts is offline   Reply With Quote