Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 01-02-2019, 06:10 AM   #1

What is this in a 2019 Seneca??

This is not even listed as an option set on the Jayco Website. While I would not like the potential flying objects factor of the freestanding chairs, that extra storage would be nice!

Looks like the return of a nicer backsplash!
Attached Thumbnails
6640E82B-DA7B-4184-A51E-62CB8DB432B2.jpg   F7B161C1-2637-4014-9E1E-7D1EB84365D4.jpg  
Old 01-02-2019, 10:08 AM   #2

There does appear to be a strap holding one of the chairs to the floor. I've never seen a RV with free standing table and chairs without the chairs being strapped to the floor.

Is that the only table and chairs in the unit?

-Michael
michael.g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2019, 11:16 AM   #3

Its the Dinette Ensemble (37TS, 37RB, 37HJ, 37K) option. It is listed on the website on the right side under Options. Probably 75% of the newer Class A's we looked at had the dinette with chairs, it is very common. Most of them come with 2 chairs like the picture and 2 folding chairs and the table pulls straight out to seat 4 people. We would have preferred this but could not find a Seneca on a lot with it when we were looking.

Rustynuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2019, 11:22 AM   #4

Our '08 Seneca had the free standing table and chairs option. The table was securely mounted to the wall, the 2 fixed chairs were loosely secured with a strap to the wall for transport, the two additional folding (matching fabric) chairs were stored securely under the bed.
Our previous DP of another brand had the exact same setup.

And as previously mentioned the table leaf extended when using all 4 chairs.
WinnieView is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2019, 12:57 PM   #5

Don't care much for the chairs, but the rectangular sink would be great to have!
Crossingover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2019, 01:52 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rustynuts View Post
Its the Dinette Ensemble (37TS, 37RB, 37HJ, 37K) option. It is listed on the website on the right side under Options. Probably 75% of the newer Class A's we looked at had the dinette with chairs, it is very common. Most of them come with 2 chairs like the picture and 2 folding chairs and the table pulls straight out to seat 4 people. We would have preferred this but could not find a Seneca on a lot with it when we were looking.
Rusty, I thought the dinette ensemble was the wrap around couch and dinette; is this what it’s changed to?

I know they are strapped; just never liked this idea in a moving vehicle. Would be nicer for when you are out camping.
Old 01-02-2019, 05:29 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by McGintys924 View Post
Rusty, I thought the dinette ensemble was the wrap around couch and dinette; is this what it’s changed to?

I know they are strapped; just never liked this idea in a moving vehicle. Would be nicer for when you are out camping.

When we were looking at Senecas every salesman told us that option was the table and chairs so that's what I thought, maybe I'm wrong.....we all know salesman are never wrong

Rustynuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2019, 06:42 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rustynuts View Post
When we were looking at Senecas every salesman told us that option was the table and chairs so that's what I thought, maybe I'm wrong.....we all know salesman are never wrong
I trust you on this, you will definitely know more than I on theee newer units. I am no fan of any RV salesperson.
Old 01-02-2019, 08:29 PM   #9

What is that molding around the windows???? ..has the workmanship become so bad that they have to cover up the window trim? Are they not frameless windows either? They look like they are the 1970's style sliding windows?
07 Toyota FJC & Yamaha Kodiak 400 ATV

SloPoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2019, 08:50 PM   #10

Hmmm, that dining setup is not for me - I find the dinette in my 37HJ works best for both dining and my office needs.

About time they offered a single large sink - a commercial quality single sink and faucet are on my project list - I find dual sinks useless, if I need to save water, it's easy enough to place a small dishwashing tub inside the larger single bowl.
JimL is offline   Reply With Quote