Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 01-08-2022, 02:53 PM   #21

A button should be on the router in the bedroom
Vfoote3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2022, 04:53 PM   #22

On the ceiling next to the actual WiFi in the bedroom.
maynardcaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2023, 06:04 PM   #23
JAC

Hello all,

I just came across this thread as I was researching the same very issue.

Maybe this mystery has been solved, but thought I would share my experience.

I wasn't getting any power light on the wineguard 2.0+ either. I have the wall plate with the 2 small push in buttons for both the antenna and wifi (no rocker switch). I went up on the roof to look for the LED light on the unit itself and it was not illuminated. I checked the wires with a multimeter and 12v were getting to the unit.

After researching some other threads, some said there was a reverse polarity issue with this where the wires were switched incorrectly. So I tried that and still no light comes on. The antenna light is on inside the unit and I checked this by pushing that power button off.

So...I called wineguard tech support and they confirmed the unit was dead and will be sending me a new unit under warranty. It was on my coach that I recently purchased as a used (less than a yr) unit.

So, try switching the wires up on the roof, pretty simple test to try by unscrewing 4 screws on taking off the dome cover and you can see where the power line comes into the board. There are 2 little tabs that will unlock the wires and you can try switching them.

GOOD LUCK!
JAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2023, 08:48 PM   #24

Thank you
DonkeyFluffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2023, 11:37 AM   #25

Our unit had the reverse polarity issue at the outlet with the antenna and wifi buttons on it. Once I fixed that, the unit worked. I have not had great experience with it anywhere that I have used it to pull WiFi. Sounds like they work better with an actual sim card and monthly subscription. If I am going to pay for WiFi, I will go with starlink or similar.

My bedroom outlet behind the TV does not get power. Not sure what the deal is with that and have not had time to troubleshoot it as the unit is always at the dealer waiting for parts. I have asked them to look into this for me as they are waiting for parts again...
2021 Jeep Grand Cherokee L
Jeepin Jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2023, 06:45 PM   #26

My2022 Seneca also had the reverse polarity issue. Took weeks to track it down. After that was fixed the unit powered up. Still doesn't work very well. I don't use it for wifi and I wish I had the old HD TV antenna.
Rusty T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2023, 09:53 PM   #27

Where's the button?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty T View Post
My2022 Seneca also had the reverse polarity issue. Took weeks to track it down. After that was fixed the unit powered up. Still doesn't work very well. I don't use it for wifi and I wish I had the old HD TV antenna.

Exact same here. I thought maybe I was just the lucky one here, but I guess ours all hit the assembly line at the same time and the same newbie wired them all. LOL.

That said the WiFi and cell (T-mobile) both work really well on ours. When at our sticks-n-bricks, I switch it over to WiFI and connect to the house so when I decide to have some alone time in the rig, I’m not burning up our cell data. I’ve found very few parks that had useable internet, so that’s about the only place the WiFi uplink is used, but it’s still nice to have to connect to our phones if we run out of data or are in a place where AT&T was much better than T-mobile.

I never really use the OTA antenna, all I can say about it is that I tried it as part of the PDI at the dealer and haven’t touched it since. We either stream movies or read, we’re not big OTA TV watchers.