Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-28-2022, 11:00 AM   #1

whirlpool fridge leak

Anyone have a water leak on their whirlpool fridge, the small water line that supplies water to the ice maker & water in the door goes up in the fridge on the left rear is dripping non stop, woke up one morning and the living room floor was soaked, i guess will have to remove fridge to see what is leaking up in there.
01 mixson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2022, 11:15 AM   #2

I've heard of that line freezing if not properly winterized. And that properly winterizing that line is near impossible to achieve. So if your unit sat in freezing temps you may have to replace that thin little plastic pipe.
driveby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2022, 11:55 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by driveby View Post
I've heard of that line freezing if not properly winterized. And that properly winterizing that line is near impossible to achieve. So if your unit sat in freezing temps you may have to replace that thin little plastic pipe.
I winterized it & had pink ice cubes & pink water coming out of the water dispenser in the door, plus had fridge running for 3 weeks in warmer climate, before it started leaking
Old 04-28-2022, 06:24 PM   #4

Heh there, we have a 2022 and tow our 2021 JLUR behind ours as well!

Unfortunately, I don't have good news for you. Our refrigerator did the exact same thing and it is a pain in the butt to get fixed. You have to take it to a service center to have them pull the refrigerator out of the wall so the whirlpool repair person can inspect it. Then the whirlpool inspector will tell you that they don't have the part, you then pay to have the refrigerator put back in the spot so you can close your slides.

Then, you set up another appointment for whirlpool to come out once they have the right part. Service center pulls it in and out again. In our case, the part did not fix it and we had to pay to pull it the third time. Now fighting Jayco for the pulling in and out as Whirlpool does not cover it.

By the way, Jayco nor your service center can call Whirlpool. You have to. They asked me for the receipt for the refrigerator, went round and round on how it came with the unit... Ours leaked from day one as it was not properly winterized.
2021 Jeep Grand Cherokee L
Jeepin Jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2022, 06:36 PM   #5

Sorry that happened to you.

I’ve got the same leak. More of a water feature really. I winterized mine, but then had the dealer replace my water line to fridge under the slide(FW). Pretty certain they tested it before they gave it back and then it froze. I didn’t realize the sequence of events till it was too late follow up.

Because of what’s posted above, I just keep the water valve to the fridge shutoff and buy some ice for the ice maker. The fridge water always ran crazy slow anyway unless I run filter-less….which defeats the purpose.
2024 Chevy 3500HD DRW
TxLoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2022, 07:19 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01 mixson View Post
Anyone have a water leak on their whirlpool fridge, the small water line that supplies water to the ice maker & water in the door goes up in the fridge on the left rear is dripping non stop, woke up one morning and the living room floor was soaked, i guess will have to remove fridge to see what is leaking up in there.
Dale! You make me wake up each and every day and look for the leak! Fortunately so far so good.

On another topic, my dealer took me a day earlier and addressed all 12 items on my warranty list...but they also added one or two that i didnt list but they know are issues...besides the caulking in the corner of the shower the big one to watch is the bedroom slide..specifically the right side night table...mine was slightly loose and just starting to rub, the next step would have been catching the corner and jacking the slide sideways and well you all know where it goes from there.

The dinette slide was adjusted and actually sits a bit higher when closed. Prior to getting it adjusted it started to catch the slide plates with screws underneath. Caught it in time but keep your eyes on it!

They also adjusted the bunk plastic frame up top because there was light coming through the left side...apparently it shifted.

They are also going to test 100lb magnets on the entry door frame to help it stop shaking and rattling since Jayco hasnt figured anything out yet. Interesting concept for a temporay fix.

BTW my pedal hesitation still exists after two attempts to troubleshoot and fix but ill be leaving it with my Frieghtliner dealer when I get home. My RV dealer said theyve seen it a few times but dont know how its been resolved...ugh...

Stay well & travel safe!

It was great to meet you guys in person at Talladega! Enjoy Dover and we will catch up again!
2004 Jeep Liberty
TheNextChapter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2022, 10:07 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNextChapter View Post
They are also going to test 100lb magnets on the entry door frame to help it stop shaking and rattling since Jayco hasnt figured anything out yet. Interesting concept for a temporay fix.
Please let us know how this works and add in pictures if it is successful! Thanks
Old 04-29-2022, 05:05 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNextChapter View Post
Dale! You make me wake up each and every day and look for the leak! Fortunately so far so good.

On another topic, my dealer took me a day earlier and addressed all 12 items on my warranty list...but they also added one or two that i didnt list but they know are issues...besides the caulking in the corner of the shower the big one to watch is the bedroom slide..specifically the right side night table...mine was slightly loose and just starting to rub, the next step would have been catching the corner and jacking the slide sideways and well you all know where it goes from there.

The dinette slide was adjusted and actually sits a bit higher when closed. Prior to getting it adjusted it started to catch the slide plates with screws underneath. Caught it in time but keep your eyes on it!

They also adjusted the bunk plastic frame up top because there was light coming through the left side...apparently it shifted.

BTW my pedal hesitation still exists after two attempts to troubleshoot and fix but ill be leaving it with my Frieghtliner dealer when I get home. My RV dealer said theyve seen it a few times but dont know how its been resolved...ugh...

Stay well & travel safe!

It was great to meet you guys in person at Talladega! Enjoy Dover and we will catch up again!
Thanks for the input Joe I'm sure i'll talk to you soon
Old 04-29-2022, 07:23 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeepin Jason View Post
Heh there, we have a 2022 and tow our 2021 JLUR behind ours as well!

Unfortunately, I don't have good news for you. Our refrigerator did the exact same thing and it is a pain in the butt to get fixed. You have to take it to a service center to have them pull the refrigerator out of the wall so the whirlpool repair person can inspect it. Then the whirlpool inspector will tell you that they don't have the part, you then pay to have the refrigerator put back in the spot so you can close your slides.

Then, you set up another appointment for whirlpool to come out once they have the right part. Service center pulls it in and out again. In our case, the part did not fix it and we had to pay to pull it the third time. Now fighting Jayco for the pulling in and out as Whirlpool does not cover it.

By the way, Jayco nor your service center can call Whirlpool. You have to. They asked me for the receipt for the refrigerator, went round and round on how it came with the unit... Ours leaked from day one as it was not properly winterized.
Did you ever find out what was causing the leak ?
Old 04-29-2022, 10:03 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01 mixson View Post
Did you ever find out what was causing the leak ?
Yes, I believe it was the lower valve in the back and another valve further up. The guy in the video below had the exact same problem and fixed it himself. My unit has been sitting at Camping World for months and still under warranty so I let them fix it.