Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-20-2021, 12:24 PM   #1

Whirlpool Washer - no hot water hooked up??

I have a 2018 Seneca HJ that came with Whirlpool washer and dryer installed. I noticed a little pink dried up under the washer today and we had just dewinterized the washer lines so I was wondering if I had a leak on the washer. I put my phone back behind the washer to try and video just to see if I could see anything. What I saw was a hot water line valve with no washer hose on it. So I start looking at the washer and it doesn’t have a hot water hookup on the back. So for the last 3 winters I haven’t been getting any RV antifreeze through my hot water line and obviously I was never getting any in that back wall. Am I the only one that didn’t know that there was no hot water to the washer??
chfraser01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2021, 01:35 PM   #2

I have a Whirlpool washer in mine and it has cold/hot inlets. I would suggest getting the model # (inside door?) and get the manual off the internet.

Haven't you tried to wash with hot or warm water??
Kar Kaddy SS
javamon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2021, 01:50 PM   #3

Whirlpool makes a compact washer that only has a cold connection. The washer has a built in heater for warm and hot washes.
Old 03-20-2021, 03:08 PM   #4

Grumpy - that appears to be what I have - a washer that has its own water heater. And from I have read online, it draws 15 amps. Jayco installed a 14/2 w/ ground romex off a 15 circuit to feed both the washer and dryer. No wonder I can’t run both at the same time. Just this past winter, I did install a 20 amp circuit over to the dryer so we can run both at once. So I guess I will have to come up with a way to winterize that hot water line behind the washer. They turned the hot water valve outlet towards the washer so it will be a challenge to attach a hose to it . It was almost like Jayco didn’t know what washer they were installing because they installed the hot water line and they ran too small of a circuit over to it.
chfraser01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2021, 03:25 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by chfraser01 View Post
...It was almost like Jayco didn’t know what washer they were installing because they installed the hot water line and they ran too small of a circuit over to it.

Sounds par-for-the-course. I was in Gila Bend in Sept and it was a scorching 108 degrees. The front A/C ran fine but the rear A/C kept popping its circuit breaker. After digging thru the A/C documentation I discovered that although the front A/C had the proper 20A breaker, some knucklehead at Jayco put a 15A in for the rear A/C. A quick trip to HomeDepot for a 20A replacement did the trick.
Kar Kaddy SS
javamon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2021, 03:38 PM   #6

Quote:
It was almost like Jayco didn’t know what washer they were installing because they installed the hot water line and they ran too small of a circuit over to it.
Or somebody grabbed the wrong wiring harness, since other models only get a combo washer and not a stack pair.
Old 03-22-2021, 01:25 PM   #7

When I installed my washer and dryer, I found out Jayco used same color pex to washer and had the hot and cold reversed.

2016 Pinnacle 36 KPTS
2016 F350 Lariat CC LB dually 6.7
jasum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2023, 07:02 PM   #8

Quote:
I have a 2018 Seneca HJ that came with Whirlpool washer and dryer installed. I noticed a little pink dried up under the washer today and we had just dewinterized the washer lines so I was wondering if I had a leak on the washer. I put my phone back behind the washer to try and video just to see if I could see anything. What I saw was a hot water line valve with no washer hose on it. So I start looking at the washer and it doesn’t have a hot water hookup on the back. So for the last 3 winters I haven’t been getting any RV antifreeze through my hot water line and obviously I was never getting any in that back wall. Am I the only one that didn’t know that there was no hot water to the washer??
I have s 2022 37K, the washer also has no hot water hookup. That’s normal on some washers. The heat is done via an electrical element in the washer. I went to my local RV dealer and look at a floor model, sure enough only one water inlet.
From 2001 Daemon Escaper
From 1998 Daemon Intruder
From 1993 Daemon Hornet
From Tent (BEST RV EVER!)
Jmorenz is offline   Reply With Quote