Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 01-02-2022, 04:19 PM   #1

Zantrex freedom x screen flashing

I just noticed my xantrex freedom x inverter screen in our 2021 jayco seneca is flashing on and off every 10 seconds or so. Non stop. Pushing any buttons does nothing. The screen on the unit that is mounted in the compartment is doing the same thing. Battery's seem to be charged/charging. I switched from shore to Gen and no change. Anybody know whats going on? Thanks
Timdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2022, 04:47 PM   #2

Either way, that doesnt sound good. Call Xantrex tomorrow morning. They are very good to work with and will take care of you. I upgraded my inverter to an XC model and a year or so later I had a fan in it get real noisy. They had me disconnect the inverter (smple) and ship it back. Within a week I had it back no charge, including the shipping both ways.
Old 01-02-2022, 07:38 PM   #3

Yeah I'm going to call them in the morning. It looks to be toast.
Old 01-03-2022, 08:18 AM   #4

Now this morning it's flashing non stop. And the customer support in Canada in on holiday. Great!
Old 01-03-2022, 12:04 PM   #5

Got it fixed this morning. Called a rv service guy into our rv Park here in Texas. The large 12 volt cable that feeds the inverter was loose on the solenoid which was mounted above all the batterys. Very loose!
When we tightened it we also found the ground was also loose. He figured it was never tight from the factory. My compliments to X-Ray RV of port Aransas for there excelent service!
Called in the morning and they came out a couple hours later.
Old 01-03-2022, 05:16 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timdog View Post
Got it fixed this morning. Called a rv service guy into our rv Park here in Texas. The large 12 volt cable that feeds the inverter was loose on the solenoid which was mounted above all the batterys. Very loose!
When we tightened it we also found the ground was also loose. He figured it was never tight from the factory. My compliments to X-Ray RV of port Aransas for there excelent service!
Called in the morning and they came out a couple hours later.
I suggest checking every connection you can find. We had 2 loose connection on the shore power line connections in the transfer switch. The neutral wire going to the transfer switch never even had the insulation stripped back, just stuffed in the contact switch and the screw tightened.

Rustynuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2022, 07:13 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lake Huron View Post
Either way, that doesnt sound good. Call Xantrex tomorrow morning. They are very good to work with and will take care of you. I upgraded my inverter to an XC model and a year or so later I had a fan in it get real noisy. They had me disconnect the inverter (smple) and ship it back. Within a week I had it back no charge, including the shipping both ways.
Hiya,

Quick question, when you upgraded to the XC what did you have to do? For example, the XC also has a built in transfer switch and a multi stage battery charger. Not sure of your unit, but most likely had a progressive dynamics converted that charged the battery and separate transfer switch if you have generator power. Did you bypass all of those?

John
From 2001 Daemon Escaper
From 1998 Daemon Intruder
From 1993 Daemon Hornet
From Tent (BEST RV EVER!)
Jmorenz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2022, 08:20 PM   #8

When we bought the trailer we had an issue with the fridge the first time we took it out. It wouldn't work on battery power, only shore power. The dealer and I did some basic troubleshooting over the phone with no success. The dealer was going to make a house call after we got back home but I couldnt take it not being able to figure it out. So I did some sniffing around and found a bunch of wiring connections behind the battery disconnect switch. Mine has 2 battery systems, I'll say. One is a single 12v battery the powers all the 12v system on the trailer. The other is a pair of 6v batteries wires in series that powers the fridge. The negative from the Xantrex was going to the pair of 6v's and the positive from the Xantrex was going to the connection area behind the main disconnect switch and was just hanging there not connected to anything. The positive from the 6v's was going to the connection area on the other side of the trailer where the genny would be connected and it was just hanging there. So I pulled a little more of the positive from the Xantrex and connected it the the positive on the 6v's where the positive from the genny prep wire was connected. That genny positive, I disconnected it since I dont have a genny in it.
So the trailer has two totally seperate battery systems. Since the original Pro X inverter doesnt have a built in charger, I would have to put a battery charger on the 6v's a couple times a year to keep them charged. That why I switched the Pro X out with a Freedom XC. I didnt have to add any additional wiring for the Freedom. Positive and negative from the 6v's to the inverter, the 120v wiring coming from the 120v breaker in the panel labeled fridge going to the 120v IN on the inverter and the 120v from the fridge plug went to the 120v OUT on the inverter. I did have to replace the interface cable from the inverter control panel to the inverter. The original was a 4 pin phone cable. The Freedom inverter required an 8 pin (ethernet) cable and the control panel was different also.

Add... the main coach battery is charged from the charging circuit in the converter when plugged into shore power and my 6v's are charged from the charging circuit in the Xantrex inverter.
Old 01-04-2022, 08:39 PM   #9

Thanks, more straight forward install so to speak. Thanks for the reply.
From 2001 Daemon Escaper
From 1998 Daemon Intruder
From 1993 Daemon Hornet
From Tent (BEST RV EVER!)
Jmorenz is offline   Reply With Quote