Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 12-19-2022, 06:00 PM   #1

Carpet for the inside of the van

Until we can get around to getting the INHABIT Floor Mat System for the entire van, we just installed our own waterproof carpet. Measure 3 times, cut once. We still have the area in front of the passenger seats to do and the doorstep (which will be a different type of carpet). We'll tackle that tomorrow.

RearViewMirror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2022, 06:19 PM   #2

For anyone that would like the measurements they are as follows working from the rear of the van on a 2023.

1: Rear of the van, right before the garage area is 23 1/4"

2: Work your way down the passenger side and the first measurement you will will need is directly to the front small door of the shower. That measurement is 30" exactly.

3: The next measurement is 3/4" for the nook right in front of the front door of the shower to fill in that small gap.

4: The next measurement is 4 1/4" between the front shower door to the rear of the rear passenger seats.

5: Once you hit the rear of the rear passenger seat housing, it is 9" to the edge which takes you back to the center alise.

6: The next measurement is the side of the rear passenger seats before the angle. That is 22 3/4"

7: Return to the very back of the van from the passenger side and move forward to the end of the cabinet that houses the fridge. That is 43" exactly.

8: The next measurement is in front of the fridge to the edge of the outside. That is 9"

9: The next measurement is the door opening which is 28" exactly.

10: The next measurement is across the front behind the drivers and passenger seats. That is a total of 34 1/2"

11: If you have done these measurements correctly then the angle that sits in front of the rear passenger seats will be easy to figure out. Just cut a diagonal line from the front behind the drivers side seat to where you stopped cutting when cutting to the front of the rear passenger seats. The angle will be perfect and there is no guesswork involved.

Place Velcro all around the edges of the floor and secure your new carpet to the floor and you are done.

Hope this helps if you would like to do this for a lot cheaper than what Inhabit charges. We will eventually get a total Inhabit designs carpet system for our van. But in the meantime? This will work just fine.

Hope these measurements helped.
Old 12-19-2022, 06:34 PM   #3

Tip.... I made all of these measurements inside the van. Drew out the floorplan on a piece of paper and inserted those measurements on a drawing that I made of the interior of the van. Laid the carpet on the driveway and drew my pattern from my measurements onto the carpet. Cut it all out and fitted it inside the van. I would suggest cutting just a slight bit larger and you can always trim if needed.
Old 12-19-2022, 06:36 PM   #4

That looks great! What was the original floor surface?
SmokerBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2022, 06:39 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokerBill View Post
That looks great! What was the original floor surface?
Best I can tell. Hard vinyl

Old 12-19-2022, 06:41 PM   #6

This will be nice on those cold mornings when you wake up with no socks.
Old 12-20-2022, 03:56 PM   #7

What carpeting did you you use?
ajais is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2022, 04:44 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajais View Post
What carpeting did you you use?
Bought it from Lowes and it is almost like this. Not exactly though since what we have has a rubber backing underneath it. Looked on the Lowes website and didn't see it listed but I didn't expand out further than our area.