Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-09-2022, 07:42 PM   #1

How to remove taillight / change bulb Swift 20T?

Everything I can find for ProMaster shows removing a couple of nuts via an access panel on the inside of the rear most pillar to remove the taillight fixture. With the cabinetry on the right and shower wall / toilet on the left, looks like there's no way to get to those access panels.

No problems with the lights at this time. We've got a cargo carrier on back and were trying to look for a disable wire for the backup / parking assist. It's supposed to be in the right rear pillar near the taillight. When I couldn't get to that, it struck me that there didn't seem to be a way to service the light bulbs either.

Anyone have details on how to remove taillights on a Swift 20T?
randy pr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2022, 07:37 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by randy pr View Post
Everything I can find for ProMaster shows removing a couple of nuts via an access panel on the inside of the rear most pillar to remove the taillight fixture. With the cabinetry on the right and shower wall / toilet on the left, looks like there's no way to get to those access panels.

No problems with the lights at this time. We've got a cargo carrier on back and were trying to look for a disable wire for the backup / parking assist. It's supposed to be in the right rear pillar near the taillight. When I couldn't get to that, it struck me that there didn't seem to be a way to service the light bulbs either.

Anyone have details on how to remove taillights on a Swift 20T?
Just took a quick look. Def looks like a challenge. Appears the panel board rear right can be removed with a few screws taken out and that might allow the needed access. On the left rear, appears the shower panel would have to be partially pulled out by removing couple screws and breaking the silicone water seal. Not ideal! Haven't had to change out bulbs yet.
Bob ROTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2022, 07:53 AM   #3

Are they not LED?
W/Air Lift air bags (front & rear)
Equal-I-Zer™ WDH & B&W Companion
TWP723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2022, 07:58 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWP723 View Post
Are they not LED?
Exterior lights not LED....guess RAM hasn't caught up yet. Interior lights are LED.
Bob ROTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2022, 08:27 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob ROTR View Post
Exterior lights not LED....guess RAM hasn't caught up yet. Interior lights are LED.
I just looked at a Ram van on our lot. With that rear bathroom, I can't see how to change them. I guess you've already removed the drawers in the pantry and took a look? There's no access panel in the jam at the hinges?
W/Air Lift air bags (front & rear)
Equal-I-Zer™ WDH & B&W Companion
TWP723 is offline   Reply With Quote