Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-27-2021, 03:17 PM   #1
rps

Jayco Swift 20T fridge not working

My in-laws just purchased a 2021 Jayco Swift and I'm trying to help them out. Does anyone have any info on the Norcold fridge? For whatever reason, it won't get cold. It is an electric only version. We put a thermometer in it and it stays around room temp, about 78 degrees. It has power since the blue LEDs in back are lit and it has a faint sound like it is running. The temp control knob is turned clockwise to the 5 position which would be coldest. There is no food in it, we want to see it get cold before they really use it. I have a travel trailer and never had an issue with ours. He also has it fairly level but not sure if that is important for this type of fridge. They did take it back to the dealer and they said it was fine. My in-laws are both 82 and trying rving for the first time. We also ran it using the generator and it did not seem to make a difference. I also asked them to turn off their water heater but this also did not make a difference. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Randy
rps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2021, 03:24 PM   #2

Is it plugged into a socket or hardwired? If it’s plugged in have you verified there is power at the socket, or is it a 12 volt model? More information would help.

Route 66 Traveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2021, 03:24 PM   #3

Was it working when they picked it up? How long has it been running?
Old 06-27-2021, 03:33 PM   #4
rps

Thanks for the replies. We had it running for about two days on this last trip. It is built in to the rv so it is hardwired. It looks like it has power since there are two blue LEDs inside the fridge that are lit. My in-laws had taken it back to the dealer and they ran it overnight there. My in-laws said it seemed cold when they picked it up so they thought it would be ok. Not sure what I'm missing. Just wondering if someone else has one of these or has experience with one like it.

Thanks,
Randy
Old 07-12-2021, 12:38 PM   #5

The refrigerators were incorrectly wired to the LP there is a service bulletin with the recommended fix. has to be rewired. had the same problem, Pete's RV in South Windsor CT corrected it. It is very difficult to pull the refrigerator to rewire,its wedged iinto the cabinet tightly.
The lights worked, cooled sometimes, then quit. Then would work sporadically.
Lights being on makes you think refrigerator is defective, Rewire corrected.
swift20T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2021, 01:40 PM   #6
rps

Yeah, they got the service notice and take it in this week for repair.

Thanks,
Randy
Old 08-17-2021, 03:16 PM   #7

Thanks for your post. I am having trouble with by Swift fridge as well. My dealer will not trouble shoot over the phone and it will be gone with them for a week (their covid protocol) when I drop it off next Monday. Do you have any info or reference to the wiring fix that I can give them to speed up my repair when I drop it off.
Swiffman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2021, 03:42 PM   #8
rps

The RV is actually my father-in-law's. All I know is that they received a letter from Jayco saying it needed to be rewired. No other details. Unfortunately, even after it was supposedly fixed, my in-laws had the same problem. It is now back at the dealer for the the third time. It seems like it will work initially but then stop working after that. We called Jayco but they want the dealer to look at it again.

Good Luck,
Randy