Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 12-07-2023, 02:59 PM   #1
WPW

Jayco Swift / Entegra Ethos 20L or 20 TL 22-24 TSB# 23-127

Good Afternoon,

I got my letter yesterday regarding this TSB. This is specific to the passenger side leaf spring's rear mount bolt that may come into contact with the grey tank. The letter say to take it to a dealer and have it inspected, and if necessary the end of the bolt would be cut off.

I looked at it my self and the attached photos show the black tank first and then the grey tank. Shining a light, I can see its not making a lot of contact but not much can go between the bolt and the tank.

I'm a bit nervous to have them cut this bolt too. I'm hoping there is someone on the forum that might know Ram warranty and/or if this would cause weakness in the bolt depending on how it's cut. Please let me know. Also if you have one of these models you wan to check it for yourself.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_1966.jpg   IMG_1968.jpg  
WPW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2023, 03:03 PM   #2

Cutting off the end of the bolt does not affect the strength.
Old 12-07-2023, 03:21 PM   #3
WPW

ok good to know. Thank You. I didn't think it would. I'm hoping that Jayco has cleared this modification with RAM first but just in case I'm going to be taking the van in for regular maintenance. I'll ask them about the vans warranty too.

Right now with my grey tank empty you can get about 1mm between the bolt and the tank. I'm pretty sure if the tanks full it will make contact. Worse case the tank with get a hole in it.
WPW is offline   Reply With Quote