Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 01-14-2023, 01:15 AM   #1

Mira App Update??

Did the Mira App update today?

I can still see the temp inside the van but a few things have moved around on the home page. But when I scroll down to the bottom it no longer shows the SOC of the house battery. Only the chassis battery. But it now also has a Battery Status button that wasn't there before but no information shows up about the house battery.

Anyone know how to get the SOC back on the house battery or is anyone having the same issue I am?

This is in a 2023 Terrain

When you click on battery status it brings you to this page. But no info shows up about the house battery

RearViewMirror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2023, 01:33 PM   #2

I am seeing exactly the same thing. Clearly an app update with bugs.... I have filed a bug report with Firefly.
ajais is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2023, 10:49 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajais View Post
I am seeing exactly the same thing. Clearly an app update with bugs.... I have filed a bug report with Firefly.
The app didn't update with bugs. I got in touch with Firefly and they updated the app.

Now... this is what pisses me off. There was no forewarning that there was going to be an update. Yes... you can turn automatic updates off for the Mira app but who thinks of that. And who knows how often they update?

So here is the solution. You have to contact them through the app (email provided in the app). They got back to me and they will need to know your floor plan, the info at the bottom of the Firefly screen, and the last 8 numbers of your VIN. After that, they will send you an email with the update files specific to your vehicle and your vehicle only.

Now... Here is where the issue lies. You have to have an 8GB usb thumb drive formatted to FAT or FAT 32, you have to pry the Firefly panel off your wall (which is impossible because of the way it sits under the cabinet), you then have to disconnect the Firefly from the cable behind the wall. Then you have to plug in your usb stick into the back of the panel and go into the system and download the new updated firmware. After you do all of that you have to replace the entire unit and then do a full system reset to your unit.

The issue is... What if it doesn't take it properly? Then you are SOL. Mine is reading fine on the wall and nothing has changed. I just can't see the SOC anymore on the app. I emailed them back and told them they would be better served to at the very least give us notice that they are about to do an update to the software. I was perfectly happy with the way that it was. Now??? I can't see my SOC and I have no intention of trying to pry the Firefly screen off the wall. I can barely get my fingers on the top of the screen (where you have to pull from). My luck... I'll break my screen in the process.

I'm not real happy with Mira right now.
Old 01-18-2023, 10:59 PM   #4

I think you might be mixing up two things. Yes, the app did release with bugs. They did not test it with our configuration before pushing to the App Store. What you are describing is a firmware update. I went through that with them two weeks ago. They sent me version 12.20 in an effort to solve the G12 over-amping fault. It did not work to solve the problem but I now have a whole bunch of new features including the ability to auto start the engine (needs a new hardware module bought). The bug is not with the firmware. It’s is with the app on both iOS and Android and affects older model years too. Firefly is debugging it and will release an app update when fixed.
Old 01-18-2023, 11:08 PM   #5

Quote:
I think you might be mixing up two things. Yes, the app did release with bugs. They did not test it with our configuration before pushing to the App Store. What you are describing is a firmware update. I went through that with them two weeks ago. They sent me version 12.20 in an effort to solve the G12 over-amping fault. It did not work to solve the problem but I now have a whole bunch of new features including the ability to auto start the engine (needs a new hardware module bought). The bug is not with the firmware. It’s is with the app on both iOS and Android and affects older model years too. Firefly is debugging it and will release an app update when fixed.
Well... From what I understand, there are no bugs with the new update. They sent me the files to download to be able to use the new features included in the app version. So there are no bugs. You just have to follow the instructions on updating the Firefly screen itself so it will show up on the app.

Old 01-18-2023, 11:18 PM   #6

It’s more than a little irritating when two people with the same rig are told different things! What version of the firmware did they send you?
Old 01-18-2023, 11:56 PM   #7

Old 01-19-2023, 12:00 AM   #8

Ok that is identical to what they sent me. So you now have the additional page that allows auto-starting the engine if you have the right hardware. The app still doesn’t work. I have sent a message to the tech who was helping me asking for clarification on whether the app has a bug or do we need another firmware update. My hypothesis is that when you contacted them, they blindly threw out the firmware update because that was latest, without really knowing if it will solve the app problem. It was a guess. A bad one.
Old 01-19-2023, 12:05 AM   #9

Nope... No additional page to start the engine on the app anywhere. Not that I would want to.
Old 01-19-2023, 12:06 AM   #10

Everything works in the app just like it used to other than I can not check my SOC on my house battery. That's it.
Old 01-19-2023, 12:22 AM   #11

Wow that is interesting. I wonder if I got one meant for another model.
Old 01-19-2023, 12:28 PM   #12

Differences in firmware for same version - mystery solved.

Working with Firefly today, I found where that Auto Engine Start (AES) page (and other pages) are configured. You LONG PRESS the "Floor Plan" option (who knew!) on the settings page. There, on the right hand side you will see options for Renogy Battery, Black Tank, AES etc.

Interestingly, if I de-select the "Renogy Battery" option, I do get a "House" voltage on the screen of 12.3v (but not SOC %). If I select the "Renogy Battery" option, the "House" view just shows "%".

This info has been sent to the devs at Firefly who are now trying to figure out if it is an app bug or a firmware bug. We may need to go through the firmware update process yet again. More to come as soon as they get back to me.
Old 01-19-2023, 12:51 PM   #13

Quote:
Working with Firefly today, I found where that Auto Engine Start (AES) page (and other pages) are configured. You LONG PRESS the "Floor Plan" option (who knew!) on the settings page. There, on the right hand side you will see options for Renogy Battery, Black Tank, AES etc.

Interestingly, if I de-select the "Renogy Battery" option, I do get a "House" voltage on the screen of 12.3v (but not SOC %). If I select the "Renogy Battery" option, the "House" view just shows "%".

This info has been sent to the devs at Firefly who are now trying to figure out if it is an app bug or a firmware bug. We may need to go through the firmware update process yet again. More to come as soon as they get back to me.
I'm leaving mine alone "right now" because everything is still working in the van. I'm not about to try to pull the Firefly screen off the wall. My luck... I will end up breaking it. The app still does everything that it did before with the exception of showing the SOC%. That in itself isn't a huge deal. But whos to say they won't release a newer version of the app in the coming weeks? Then I will have to go through the process once again. I understand that they are trying to give us more options on the screen which isn't a bad thing. But the way you have to load the new firmware into the screen is less than ideal. And there is no way I can get my fingers on top of both sides of the top of the screen since it sits so close to the upper cabinet.

I wish they would have just left it alone. All of the stuff they added was not really needed and it worked fine before all of this.

Her reply to me was "you can turn off automatic updates for the Mira app". Had I known that they were going to push out updates to the app, I would have and I would still have the version that I originally had. But who thinks of going into your phone settings and turning off the automatic update for the Mira app?

"If" I am able to get this working... I can promise that I WILL turn off updates from this point forward.
Old 06-12-2023, 07:20 PM   #14

Quote:

I have the remote start/high idle module. Has anyone enabled the AES in the firefly and wired the start module to it?
dirtymerc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2023, 06:52 PM   #15

My "opinion" on the Mira app is to turn off automatic updates on your phone. After taking the van back to the factory to have all the issues with the van repaired, they also updated the firefly system. But they update the Mira app very often. And sometimes those updates require you to contact Mira themselves. And sometimes those updates will require you to receive the bin files from Mira and they are exclusive to the vin number of your van. It's too much trouble to do that (in the Terrain). So as long as you have automatic updates turned off, you won't ever have to worry about pulling the screen.

Just my 2 cents.
Old 06-25-2023, 08:53 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by RearViewMirror View Post
My "opinion" on the Mira app is to turn off automatic updates on your phone. After taking the van back to the factory to have all the issues with the van repaired, they also updated the firefly system. But they update the Mira app very often. And sometimes those updates require you to contact Mira themselves. And sometimes those updates will require you to receive the bin files from Mira and they are exclusive to the vin number of your van. It's too much trouble to do that (in the Terrain). So as long as you have automatic updates turned off, you won't ever have to worry about pulling the screen.

Just my 2 cents.
Have been looking but have not found how to turn off auto updates on the phone app. All I get the the firefly screen pages. Please let me know how to. Thanks
Winger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2023, 11:58 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winger View Post
Have been looking but have not found how to turn off auto updates on the phone app. All I get the the firefly screen pages. Please let me know how to. Thanks
Not sure if you are on iPhone or Android but here is where you turn it off on iPhone

Settings - App Store - Turn off App Updates