Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 01-10-2021, 08:14 PM   #1

Opinion on Jayco Class B Swift

Hi Everyone
How come I can’t find any information on a 2021 Class B Swift?
I couldn’t find anywhere to post in the forum?
Rosebud2021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2021, 08:22 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebud2021 View Post
Hi Everyone
Maybe I'm misunderstanding your question, but this is from the JAYCO web site. It is brand new so probably no one has bought one yet.

https://www.jayco.com/products/class...es/2021-swift/
Old 01-10-2021, 10:08 PM   #3

Thank you that explains it ...I was trying to do research and could not find anything on the internet reviewing them!!
Old 01-11-2021, 09:09 PM   #4

That's a floor plan that's uninteresting to me.

Hopefully, they have several more floor plans coming down the pike.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy View Post
Maybe I'm misunderstanding your question, but this is from the JAYCO web site. It is brand new so probably no one has bought one yet.

https://www.jayco.com/products/class...es/2021-swift/

2014 F150 SC, 4x4, HD Pkg, Sterling Gray
Atlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2021, 07:00 AM   #5

New Jayco Swift owner

Hello,

Picking up our new Jayco Swift this morning. When we were RV shopping, this van seem to check all of the boxes. This is our first RV/van so it should be interesting. It will primarily be used for our trips to Western NY, and chasing the Bills and my son’s college rugby team around the east coast.
Zurowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2021, 08:24 AM   #6
Site Team

Congratulations. I am looking forward to your feedback on the new Swift.
2015 MB Sprinter 2500 Passenger 2.1L Diesel
2007 Ram 2500 4x4 Cummins 5.9L G56

Midnightmoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2021, 09:08 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebud2021 View Post
Hi Everyone
I just bought ione
Bobbybob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2021, 09:40 PM   #8

Congratulations!

We absolutely love ours..our A/C did not work but it was covered..some little things bug us..
But the price was so good..
Old 06-27-2021, 03:14 PM   #9
rps

My in-laws just purchased a 2021 Jayco Swift and I'm trying to help them out. Does anyone have any info on the Norcold fridge? For whatever reason, it won't get cold. It is an electric only version. We put a thermometer in it and it stays around room temp, about 78 degrees. It has power since the blue LEDs in back are lit and it has a faint sound like it is running. The temp control knob is turned clockwise to the 5 position which would be coldest. There is no food in it, we want to see it get cold before they really use it. I have a travel trailer and never had an issue with ours. He also has it fairly level but not sure if that is important for this type of fridge. They did take it back to the dealer and they said it was fine. My in-laws are both 82 and trying rving for the first time. We also ran it using the generator and it did not seem to make a difference. I also asked them to turn off their water heater but this also did not make a difference. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Randy
rps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2021, 08:16 AM   #10

Refrigerator issue

I had a similar issue with the refrigerator. The manual states that the food must be cold or frozen prior to putting into the fridge. We hesitantly followed the directions and it worked, the fridge kept the drinks and food cold. My son had the same issue so he kept a small bag of ice in the freezer to be certain the food would stay cold and the ice never melted on a three day trip.

I hopes this helps.
Zurowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2021, 05:25 PM   #11
rps

Hi Zurowski,

Thanks for the reply. I was trying it empty to see if it would do anything on its own. Initially, we used some ice bags which kept things cool but it seemed like it gradually got warmer. Anyway, my father-in-law informed me that he received a recall letter about the fridge and that he needs to take it in to get serviced. Still waiting for more details.

Thanks,
Randy
rps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2022, 11:25 AM   #12

Advice for would be Swift 20 buyers

Picked up my 2022 20T Feb 1st.

This may be a dealership issue, but I don't think so. When you're doing your tire kicking check the document bag. It's reportedly supposed to have a DVD or USB with all the useful information. Maybe that has been discontinued, but I didn't get one. Which would have been okay, but there turned out to be no user manuals, for the fridge, generator, TV, convection oven, (luck toilets only have one control lever furnace/water heater, etc. Odd because the installation manuals were there. i was able to download most of them, but it was a chore. The generator was the hardest, you need the model number, and of course that's under the van. So, check the little black bag before you get out your checkbook.

The other thing is some of the workmanship could be better. The drawer under the "flight deck" drags the floor, can't get it all the way open, and the inside access to the water tank (a black screw-off cap under the passenger side bed, near the side door) won't unscrew all the way because it's misplaced about a 1/2" and the bed board blocks the last couple of turns. Some of the snaps for mounting the blackout curtains are dented or not fully seated, and so non-functional. Little stuff, but annoying, and you wouldn't expect them on a $120,000 bus.

Otherwise, it's going to be fun!
billley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2022, 09:29 PM   #13

2022 Jayco Swift 20T

The Pioneer unit in our new Swift has gone out twice, leaving us without a backup camera or blind sport alert system. Jayco says Dodge needs to fix it. Dodge says Jayco. Also have had our Truma heating system go out. Truma sent a new unit. Our van has been inoperable for 4 of the 6 months we have had it!
JudyErickson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2022, 09:43 AM   #14

Junior Member Join Date: Mar 2022 Location: Bend Posts: 2 2022 Jayco Swift 20T

Had the same issue with the camera, and the entire dash (USBs, etc) except the instrument cluster. It was a five minute fix once we got it to the dealer. Some kind of re-set button inside the dash, not under it where the average owner can find it. I think your frustration may arise from the dealership, not Jayco. The Swift is far from flawless, but a dealership with good after sale customer service should be able to fix most stuff on a new 2022 without much hassle. if you've got a we're-all-about-sales-forget-it-after-that dealer, try the largest independent RV shop you can find. You'll have to pay for it, but you'll get it done. Maybe even in a less than a month. If you're lucky.
billley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2022, 02:22 PM   #15

No backup camera or blind site monitoring

Jayco told us our dealer needs to take the Swift to the Dodge Ram dealer to put in the radio Jayco took out, reset the system and then put the Pioneer back in. When we tried this a few months ago Didge said it was not their problem. Hoping our dealer can work with Dodge to repair. Our screen door doesn’t shirt yo jerk out bugs. Anyone else have that problem?
JudyErickson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2022, 04:47 PM   #16

Congratulations. How did your delivery go? Hopefully better than mine back on the 15th April.
Which model Swift? LI?
Which dealer did you work with?
Harmsway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2022, 04:54 PM   #17

2022 Swift LI

Anybody else take delivery of the lithium ion model?
Very little info given at delivery. I hope Jayco is ready for a lot of phone calls.
Old 05-04-2022, 05:00 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zurowski View Post
Hello,

Picking up our new Jayco Swift this morning. When we were RV shopping, this van seem to check all of the boxes. This is our first RV/van so it should be interesting. It will primarily be used for our trips to Western NY, and chasing the Bills and my son’s college rugby team around the east coast.
So, how do you like your Swift? I just took “delivery” of a Swift 20T LI. It’s in the shop. I hope this isn’t going to be the norm.
Old 05-27-2022, 05:37 PM   #19

What was the problem with your a/c? I took delivery and it hasn’t worked from day 1.
Looks like a comm problem between Firefly and compressor. Which dealer fixed it?
Old 06-14-2022, 06:37 PM   #20
Gma

Negotiating price

Looking at a Swift 20TLi but don’t know what discount from the asking price is reasonable to expect. Haven’t started the negotiating process yet but would like to have an idea what people are able to deal for. Understand the dealer needs a profit but would also like a good deal without getting overcharged.
Gma is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
class b, deft